News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Patrx

New Fauna Casts models from Malcolm! It's been a pretty severe wait, but they are quite excellent.

Daeodon

Ceratosaurus

Suchomimus

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Ceratosaurus and the Suchomimus are certainly some of my favorite ones Malcolm has produced. I encourage anyone to to order them while they are available. :)

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 18, 2014, 04:32:19 PM
The Ceratosaurus and the Suchomimus are certainly some of my favorite ones Malcolm has produced. I encourage anyone to to order them while they are available. :)

Definitely! Easily the best available figures of those genera within their price range. Accurate designs, no shrink-wrapping, interesting poses. Interestingly, though, I think my favorite of the three is the Daeodon; which has seems to have some unique charm to it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on July 18, 2014, 05:10:54 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 18, 2014, 04:32:19 PM

Definitely! Easily the best available figures of those genera within their price range. Accurate designs, no shrink-wrapping, interesting poses. Interestingly, though, I think my favorite of the three is the Daeodon; which has seems to have some unique charm to it.

I think it's a very nicely done figure..but mammals and me..well I like few of them to say the least. heh

Invicta Hunter

I got a Marx marbled pot belly trex today.

Roselaar

Bought a WWD3D medium size Patchi figure, the non-electronic one. I would have preferred a Scowler, as I didn't have any version of that one yet, but I take what I can get. Unfortunatelky the store also didn't have any of the new glow-in-the-dark blind bags.

postsaurischian

Definitely! Easily the best available figures of those genera within their price range. .......

What is the price range?

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 18, 2014, 05:50:38 PM
....... mammals and me..well I like few of them to say the least. heh

... but, you're a mammal too ;D.

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on July 18, 2014, 06:48:07 PM

;D What a fatty ... but beautiful in a way :).
The only Marx figures I'd be interested in though, are the huge Stego and Bronto.
But everytime I saw one of these on eBay they got much too expensive.

Quote from: Roselaar on July 18, 2014, 08:45:03 PM
Bought a WWD3D medium size Patchi figure, the non-electronic one. I would have preferred a Scowler, as I didn't have any version of that one yet, but I take what I can get.  .......

Have you checked Amazon? In Germany they use to have all the figures in stock.

Patrx

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 18, 2014, 08:59:25 PM
Definitely! Easily the best available figures of those genera within their price range. .......

What is the price range?
The Ceratosaurus is $50 USD and the Suchomimus goes for $60 :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Patrx on July 18, 2014, 09:20:28 PM
The Ceratosaurus is $50 USD and the Suchomimus goes for $60 :)

That's cool. You might be right then.

stoneage

Where did you get it?

Alexxitator

Quote from: Concavenator on July 18, 2014, 02:18:35 PM
Quote from: Alexxitator on July 17, 2014, 02:31:14 PM
This figure has been loved and hated on the pages of this forum.
Mine's actually not too shiny or poorly painted imho. Turning yer tail like this will prolly hurt though...
The fearsome paws belong to my Canis lupus familiaris.

Actually,I don't find any strong reasons to hate that Dilophosaurus.My only complaints about it are just the hand tripod and improvable paintjob,but is this figure seriously hate-able?
I guess,there's always Bullyland's Dilophosaurus...haha  ::)

My neither! I quite love this one. When placed together with my Carnegie Dilo they give two very different but very appealing views on the same species.

Neither the Schleich not the Collecta versions are, nor ever will be, part of my collection.

I'm still pondering on this one though... Bit other pricerange but very nice...
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Invicta Hunter

Quote;D What a fatty ... but beautiful in a way :).
The only Marx figures I'd be interested in though, are the huge Stego and Bronto.
But everytime I saw one of these on eBay they got much too expensive.

It's a retro looking figure but still very cool, i wish i had more from the set.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: stoneage on July 18, 2014, 10:31:54 PM

Where did you get it?

I got it from a dino lot on ebay.de for about £6.
Does anyone know the value of it?

EmperorDinobot

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Alexxitator on July 18, 2014, 10:40:28 PM

I'm still pondering on this one though... Bit other pricerange but very nice...

Whoa, is that an albino Dilophosaurus? ;D

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

SBell

Quote from: Patrx on July 18, 2014, 04:24:07 PM
New Fauna Casts models from Malcolm! It's been a pretty severe wait, but they are quite excellent.

Nice. Every time I see that someone has their figures, it reminds that I've been waiting a while for bunch--although, to be fair, I have one of the first Daeodon!

Ultimatedinoking

I got a rubber shark from the new dollar store a while back
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

docronnie

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 19, 2014, 02:04:25 AM
Quote from: docronnie on July 18, 2014, 02:50:29 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 18, 2014, 07:12:32 AM
Quote from: docronnie on July 18, 2014, 06:57:00 AM
Maybe, can you name the JP rex I just acquired? TIA!

Yes, yes I can.

What is it?

You got a pic of the Rex?

It's on page 222, 5th photo on my post of recent acquisitions.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: docronnie on July 19, 2014, 05:16:12 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 19, 2014, 02:04:25 AM
Quote from: docronnie on July 18, 2014, 02:50:29 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 18, 2014, 07:12:32 AM
Quote from: docronnie on July 18, 2014, 06:57:00 AM
Maybe, can you name the JP rex I just acquired? TIA!

Yes, yes I can.

What is it?

You got a pic of the Rex?

It's on page 222, 5th photo on my post of recent acquisitions.

http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/jurassic-park-2009/humans/general/index.htm

It's a repaint of the mini T.rex from JPIII that came with Military General. Set has been repainted, and they are still available at toys r us. I hear they're on clearance...I might have to go get me a few!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: