You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

That Hydra? Multi-Headed Dragon? Tiamat herself? might not be a Dinosaur, but its heades for sure look like those of Jurassic Park Raptors.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nebuloid

Visited the LWL-Museum für Naturkunde in Munster yesterday, they had some Papo's in the gift shop :

Still don't like the T-rex , but I'd never seen brands other than Schleich in stores before so I couldn't resist...
Plus they were cheaper than the online retailers.

SBell

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 10, 2014, 01:10:02 PM
Visited the LWL-Museum für Naturkunde in Munster yesterday, they had some Papo's in the gift shop :

Still don't like the T-rex , but I'd never seen brands other than Schleich in stores before so I couldn't resist...
Plus they were cheaper than the online retailers.

The two ceratopsians appear to be repainted compared to what I have. Not as obvious as the two T.rex colours, but still very different.

docronnie

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 10, 2014, 10:50:15 AM
That Hydra? Multi-Headed Dragon? Tiamat herself? might not be a Dinosaur, but its heades for sure look like those of Jurassic Park Raptors.
yes, it's a Hydra.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

laticauda

Quote from: docronnie on November 10, 2014, 06:46:27 AM
Congrats everyone on your hauls!  Congrats Brachiosaurus on your Terra dinosaurs!  Got mine last Saturday night from my Uncle Bob! :)

and this:

Not a dino.

Also got the following from my toy hunts:

A different kind of Dinosaur King Acrocanthosaurus

I don't know if this is an early issue of The Carnegie Stego.  It is stamped 1988.  This is different from what I have already.  This one has a larger head and the left thagomizers are fused.

Favorite Deinonychus

My first Papo figure! :) :) :)

TFL! :)
Yes that is the early Carnegie stegosaurus.  That was my first Carnegie.

alexeratops

Pictures coming soon: CollectA Bistahieversor!

A great little model, this new CollectA is a  wonderful addition to my collection. It has a small crest of feathers on its neck, right behind the head, and more feathers across his back, limbs, and tail. It is on a base, where you can see cracks in the soil and uncolored leaves. His mouth is open in a roar, with individual teeth sculpted inside. Its head and underside is a tanish-brown color. The feathers' color is a mixture of black, white, and brown.
like a bantha!

docronnie

stargatedalek

JP Junior triceratops
I don't actively collect JPJ, but if its JP and at a good price I'm buying it, whether it be an action figure, a stamp set, or a Playskool figure

tyrantqueen

For some reason I always imagine chibified characters speaking in a squeakier, higher pitched version of their normal tone. It makes them cuter to me. Imagine this Triceratops bellowing in a chipmunk voice >:D

EmperorDinobot

Speaking of JP Jr...these are my latest hauls.

They are all on sale. Well except one of the three Rexes, one of the Pteranodons, Brachiosaur baby, Stegosaurus and Archaeopteryx. I'll...keep those. And then my collection is complete. Sans humans/vehicles. I don't have where to put those.

postsaurischian

;D ;D  Sheer awesomeness!!!

....... more pictures here.

stargatedalek

not sure if this really counts as a "dinosaur toy" or not, but I decided to put it here...

went to value village on the way home, and I got a robo-raptor, I already have one but its mechanics are damaged (it turns on spontaneously), whereas this new one is damaged aesthetically but the mechanics seem fine, so I plan on scavenging parts from my old one to fix up the new one aesthetically

the new one is the one with the damaged(/missing) tail

docronnie

very cute JP, stargate ... nice raptors.  :)

Awesome indeed, postsaurichian!  :)

Roselaar

Whaaa... that's one awesome Dimetrodon dio there! :)

Primeval12

Five bucks for all of these?

Could anyone tell me the values of these (except for the baryonyx).?

stargatedalek

thats an amazing score you got!
the two Battat (styracosaurus and ceratosaurus) are probably worth 50-70 $ each
the safari therizinosaurus is probably worth around 15-20 $
and I don't recognize the other 2

Primeval12

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 15, 2014, 05:43:21 PM
thats an amazing score you got!
the two Battat (styracosaurus and ceratosaurus) are probably worth 50-70 $ each
the safari therizinosaurus is probably worth around 15-20 $
and I don't recognize the other 2

The other two are a schleich ceratosaurus, and a schleich apatosaurus baby.

sauroid

you are lucky to acquire those figures for just $5 primeval12! youre almost as lucky as laticauda (from the previous page). congratulations.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoLord

The Styraco is probably worth closer to $30, but the Ceratosaurus is definitely one of the rarer ones. Took me years to finally find one a few months ago.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: