You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

What's the brand, Takama?  Looks like a JP.  Congrats! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on November 25, 2014, 03:14:44 AM
What's the brand, Takama?  Looks like a JP.  Congrats! :)

They're oversized vinyl models--I saw a T.rex and Spinosaurus as well as some other animals. I did not buy any though.

Takama

Yes a Random Chinasaur is what we call it.   Though i Did see the T.Rex and i must say, i like the style but the Dilophosaurus won my heart for its blantant Inaccuracy.  Still there no match when it comes to the Terra Dinosaurs that are found in the same store.

sauroid

did you take pics of the china T. rex?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on November 25, 2014, 07:46:52 AM
did you take pics of the china T. rex?

Sorry I did not, as i don't own it

Alexxitator

Three little chicks and a lensflare  :o

I was especially happy to find the guy on the left, who happens to be a part of Kaiyodo animatales instead of dinotales. I didn't know the figure, but luckily found this about him:
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/2243/dinosaur-toy-fact-file on the old forums, and even a review!

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

DinoLord

The Kitadaniryu is a lovely figure, but is very rarely seen - nice catch! I'm pretty sure I have an extra of the speckled black, white, and yellow one lying around somewhere...

Alexxitator

Quote from: DinoLord on November 25, 2014, 03:01:55 PM
The Kitadaniryu is a lovely figure, but is very rarely seen - nice catch! I'm pretty sure I have an extra of the speckled black, white, and yellow one lying around somewhere...
Do you now? Hmm... Interesting  ^-^
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

laticauda

Quote from: Alexxitator on November 25, 2014, 02:13:02 PM
Three little chicks and a lensflare  :o

I was especially happy to find the guy on the left, who happens to be a part of Kaiyodo animatales instead of dinotales. I didn't know the figure, but luckily found this about him:
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/2243/dinosaur-toy-fact-file on the old forums, and even a review!

Nice Find.  :)

Dinomike

Cool new dinos everybody! I got this guy for my birthday! It included me ordering it online, gift wrapping it and then handing it over to myself. This way I got exactly what I wanted for my birthday! I really like this 'Y-Rex' - even though it does  have too little feathers! It came in a totally awesome packaging that made me drool! :D

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

tyrantqueen

QuoteThis way I got exactly what I wanted for my birthday!
That's good to hear. Happy birthday 8)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 26, 2014, 10:29:09 PM
QuoteThis way I got exactly what I wanted for my birthday!
That's good to hear. Happy birthday 8)

Happy B-day! (Best way to get the exact gift you want. Hehe!)

Dinomike

Thanks Tyrantqueen and Meso-Cenozoic!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Dinomike on November 26, 2014, 10:24:59 PM
Cool new dinos everybody! I got this guy for my birthday! [...]
Nice. I'm waiting mine to arrive.

Now I finally complete this little old set:

Or am I missing someone? I hope not.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Are those dinosaur eggs AAA? If so, nice. If not, still nice.  :)

I finally got the figure I've been trying to find for a while now:

[Image Removed]

Ugly, I know, but I like the style of the earlier Carnegie pieces.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

stargatedalek

yes the eggs are by AAA

they also made a couple of modern animals

CityRaptor

There also seems to be enother mold and some color variants:
http://www.weico.de/tierwelt/dinos-museumsqualita/sortiment-dinosauriereier.html

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on November 27, 2014, 02:34:01 AM
I finally got the figure I've been trying to find for a while now:

Ugly, I know, but I like the style of the earlier Carnegie pieces.

Uglycute! Also the only of the four small Carnegies ( Deinonychus, Protoceratops, Dimetrodon, Pteranodon ) I'm missing.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Megalosaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 27, 2014, 03:45:24 PM
There also seems to be enother mold and some color variants:
http://www.weico.de/tierwelt/dinos-museumsqualita/sortiment-dinosauriereier.html
So about the AAA color variants:

I don't knew that there is a pteranodon. But...
Its looks so different in style. You know all the others are so similar to adults, and are so scally textured. Can someone confirm if this baby pteranodon is a AAA?
I hope not, because is the only one I don't have. In fact I've never seen it before.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

My brother-in-law redesigned and upscaled his Shapeways Simolestes design and produced one for me. The result is a much bigger (compare to original) marine reptile with more head details. It's not perfect (but keep in mind he knows little about prehistoric animals), but makes for a pretty neat figure. It's hollow and comes with an Invicta style stand. A good paint job sure could make for an impressive Simolestes.

tyrantqueen

Was Simolestes really that gracile, or is it just heavily stylised?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: