News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on May 28, 2012, 05:46:12 PM
Quote from: Takama on May 28, 2012, 05:38:44 PM
Quote from: sauroid on May 28, 2012, 06:31:38 AM
Boki, i agree with you re the Mojo Brachi. i also have it but not proud of it. Mojo makes very good extant animals i dont know why they cant make good prehistoric ones. (well, the Sarcosuchus and the Smilodon arent that bad)

are there any info whether Mojo Fun is going to make more prehistoric animals?

Mojo ran a poll on facebook asking what animals should be made for 2013.

and there are some Prehistoric cretures comeing out that year as a result

Well, they suggested that they might be on the list--the prehistoric ones included Deinotherium and Brontotherium

Yap, these two were the top suggestions from the fans, so Its possible we see them next year. Mojo pushed back their prehistoric animals till next year, except for the really sad T-rex that really got panned by the fans! >:D
Their non-dino animals are really good, so hopefully they come up with some cool mammals next year.

morrijos

After a long search, the Carnegie Deinonychus and Australopithecus pair take their rightful place on the Mountain:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow! That CollectA Neovenator looks HUGE next to the new Carnegie Brachio!  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 30, 2012, 01:39:38 AM

Yeah it's great sized piece ! I was pretty impressed with it . :)  ..and it's clear plastic stand made a great base for the Doli... ;D

The baby Rex by Papo was great too..VERY cute and realistic.  I find myself wanting the green baby as well now.. ;D

Takama

Looks like Neo is about to have himself a triceratops Steak

Meso-Cenozoic

Mmmmm, STEAK!  >:D

Yeah, I definitely want to get both baby Rexes. I also have the Neo. So, does yours stand on its own two feet, Chris? My definitely benefits from staying on the plastic stand. It's also the second one I got too. The first one's lower legs and ankles were sooooo bowed inwards, it wouldn't even stand with that plastic insert! It was bad enough that it was my first dino fig I think I ever returned. But other than that, yes he is a nice figure otherwise. I was just so surprised that the new Carnegie Brachio wasn't bigger looking next to him. The Neo is tallish and longish, but, it's a very stealth dino. And even though the Brachio isn't as big as we'd like it to be, I just thought he'd look like he'd carry more than enough of his weight next to the Neo.

I still love the new Brachio and am definitely getting it. it's just..... WHY OR WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE HIM BIGGER!!! :'(

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 30, 2012, 01:51:46 AM

Yeah it's great sized piece ! I was pretty impressed with it . :)  ..and it's clear plastic stand made a great base for the Doli... ;D

The baby Rex by Papo was great too..VERY cute and realistic.  I find myself wanting the green baby as well now.. ;D

LOL! All the other figures around that Brachi make it even look smaller! >:D Nice new additions

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 30, 2012, 05:38:01 AM
Mmmmm, STEAK!  >:D

Yeah, I definitely want to get both baby Rexes. I also have the Neo. So, does yours stand on its own two feet, Chris? My definitely benefits from staying on the plastic stand. It's also the second one I got too. The first one's lower legs and ankles were sooooo bowed inwards, it wouldn't even stand with that plastic insert! It was bad enough that it was my first dino fig I think I ever returned. But other than that, yes he is a nice figure otherwise. I was just so surprised that the new Carnegie Brachio wasn't bigger looking next to him. The Neo is tallish and longish, but, it's a very stealth dino. And even though the Brachio isn't as big as we'd like it to be, I just thought he'd look like he'd carry more than enough of his weight next to the Neo.

I still love the new Brachio and am definitely getting it. it's just..... WHY OR WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE HIM BIGGER!!! :'(

Mine had a bent ankle on one side but still stood by himself. I had the heat gun handy so I just turned it on low and lightly warmed it up and fixed it up..took just a minute or so. 

Yeah it was odd placing it around the other pieces..especially the older Safari Brachis. It's almost exactly like the WS one..the feet , legs..almost exactly the same size..even the shoulder height.  Having the older Carnegie, newer Carnegie, and new WS pieces together really looks like 1/40 ( maybe 1/30 ) , 1/50 and a 1/55 or 1/60 . It's kind of cool setting them together but the new one is certainly lacking when placed near them.  He's actually so thin and skinny it looks a bit like it's on stilts. :/  I really wished they would go bigger..justify the cost more as well. Safari said they were trying to save people money..but really not at the cost.  I have a feeling Papo will win the battle of the Brachiosaurs this year.
Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 30, 2012, 07:06:54 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 30, 2012, 01:51:46 AM

LOL! All the other figures around that Brachi make it even look smaller! >:D Nice new additions

I KNOW right ?  Thanks !

postsaurischian

Blade-of-the-Moon

amargasaurus cazaui

I thought to ask, has anyone done a custom paint up of the new Carnegie Brachiosaur? I keep looking at it, and while I like the sculpt , the paint scheme for me at least is somewhat overdone. I wondered if anyone has given it a redo or had some ideas?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

Quote from: stemturtle on May 28, 2012, 01:52:25 PM
Quote from: sauroid on May 28, 2012, 07:27:07 AM
just got this very cool chimpanzee figure that could pass for an early hominid

I agree with you, sauroid, that the chimp looks like an early hominid.  This is one of my all-time favorites, a bonobo, Pan paniscus, made by Del Prado.  Sometimes Snertus sells it on eBay, although none is offered just now. I paid less than ten dollars. I have never seen this species done by another manufacturer.
thank you for the additional info. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 31, 2012, 01:11:46 AM
I thought to ask, has anyone done a custom paint up of the new Carnegie Brachiosaur? I keep looking at it, and while I like the sculpt , the paint scheme for me at least is somewhat overdone. I wondered if anyone has given it a redo or had some ideas?

Blade and I were thinking of possibly giving it a dark wash. Besides toning down the bright Xmas colors, it would fill in all the nice detailed crevices and make them all show up a lot nicer. I haven't got mine in-hand yet. So, I'll wait and see when I can see him in person. Blade, were you still thinking of doing something?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 31, 2012, 06:17:08 AM

Blade and I were thinking of possibly giving it a dark wash. Besides toning down the bright Xmas colors, it would fill in all the nice detailed crevices and make them all show up a lot nicer. I haven't got mine in-hand yet. So, I'll wait and see when I can see him in person. Blade, were you still thinking of doing something?

Hmm..I don't know. It's not as bad as it looks on screen in person really...a complete repaint with washes would of course improve it...the teeth are VERY white and could use a wash to separate them. I expect Martin will do one at some point. I may do some tweaking when I'm not building these big 1/1 guys..lol

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 31, 2012, 06:46:22 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 31, 2012, 06:17:08 AM

Hmm..I don't know. It's not as bad as it looks on screen in person really...a complete repaint with washes would of course improve it...the teeth are VERY white and could use a wash to separate them. I expect Martin will do one at some point. I may do some tweaking when I'm not building these big 1/1 guys..lol
[/quote
If someone does a repaint i would love to see it. Boki suggested it might look nice painted similar to the large Morales brach on my sauropod thread, and I think hes on target....it would look amazing
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

i hope someday Carnegie would reissue the Brachi in different color, size, and posture.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: sauroid on May 31, 2012, 07:22:01 AM
i hope someday Carnegie would reissue the Brachi in different color, size, and posture.
Being a sauropod guy myself, I am right there with you . I dont like downsizing the largest toys in the line, nor the constant fudging with scale. Carnegie promised to keep their replicas all in a scale that was consistent and the last several years have done anything but that. They seem intent on maximizing the size of the predators they are releasing, similar to Carnotaurus, but then try and scrimp on the big boys. No sense at all. I think half the fun of collecting sauropods is sheer size myself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

While I would welcome a larger Brachi ..it will be a long time before they re-do it again I think.  Maybe they can release a similar species in a larger scale ?  I'm bugging CollectA on FB to maybe do a big sauropod in their display range. ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 31, 2012, 08:51:51 AM
While I would welcome a larger Brachi ..it will be a long time before they re-do it again I think.  Maybe they can release a similar species in a larger scale ?  I'm bugging CollectA on FB to maybe do a big sauropod in their display range. ;)

I think they have reached the point they could offer some sort of box set..for each year as a perk or promotion. Purchase the set and you get the large scale Brachi, and three or four smaller animals all for  a set price. Either that or go to offering a seperate larger scale line that is targeted at serious collectors.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: