You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laticauda

Quote from: kreativtek on December 13, 2014, 09:16:33 AM
Ever since I was little, I wanted to find a dinosaur-shaped present underneath the Christmas tree. I never did... until this year.
As far as I know, my beloved girlfriend got me a gorgeous Spinosaurus model from Papo and she is going to wrap it exactly the way I had imagined as a kid.
I cannot wait to knee before the Christmas tree, grab the present, open it with a big green on my face, and be that 8-year-old kid again!

@laticauda, I really hope your kids will be just as happy when they open their dinosaur presents. In the end, it is all about bringing joy and making dreams come true.

Thank you!  Both my kids love animals, prehistoric or current.  I don't think any of the dinosaurs will be wrapped up in a dinosaur shape since I put them in boxes, but that is a good idea for another day.  Of course, the anticipation of what's under the tree, and the looks on the faces when the presents are unwrapped, never gets old. 

alexeratops

So its YOU who makes those videos! :D
like a bantha!

ignite444

Quote from: alexeratops on December 16, 2014, 10:40:04 PM
So its YOU who makes those videos! :D

Who, me? If so, yep! XD

And I'm disappointed my Rebor Rex didn't get here today... Stupid holiday mail rush is probably delaying it. >.>
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Manatee

Quote from: alexeratops on December 13, 2014, 12:31:10 AM
Highly possible assumption: I have some new dinos, hidden somewhere in the endless maze of unopened presents under my tree, confined in bubble wrap, bags and boxes, crude taping, nice taping, only to be released at approx. 7:30 in the morning, the earliest time my mom is wiling to get up on December 25. ^-^   You will be free, soon. C:-)

I already got a Carnegie Velociraptor today, but as for the rest of surely present dino figures it's the same situation for me. Fortunately, my family gets up early on Christmas day.

JurassicJr

I received my awesome Mosasaurus maquette from Sideshow Collectibles recently! It's #139/1000 It's such a great piece!  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

It's beautiful for sure. I haven't ordered one yet, because I couldn't get a clear answer from anyone about the scale.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 17, 2014, 07:45:29 AM
It's beautiful for sure. I haven't ordered one yet, because I couldn't get a clear answer from anyone about the scale.

Let's see if I can assist.

The skull on the Sideshow Mosa is about 3 and half inches.  The skull on Shane's 1:15 kit is 6".  Half of 1:15 scale would be 1:30 ? It's a little bigger than that so maybe 1:25 ?  That's assuming I'm thinking of this correctly..math isn't my best subject and I should be in bed.. lol

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2014, 08:10:52 AM

The skull on the Sideshow Mosa is about 3 and half inches.  The skull on Shane's 1:15 kit is 6".  Half of 1:15 scale would be 1:30 ? It's a little bigger than that so maybe 1:25 ?  That's assuming I'm thinking of this correctly..math isn't my best subject and I should be in bed.. lol
Haha, I'm the worst person to talk to about mathematics, I'm allergic to anything that involves arithmetic.

Isn't it supposed to be a Mosasaurus rather than a Tylosaurus though? I believe Mosasaurus was a little bigger than Tylosaurus.

triceratops83

It's more bulkier, isn't it?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Roselaar

Wow, that Mosasaurus is simply stunning! Almost makes me regret I didn't preorder one.

ignite444

JurassicJr

My Rebor Tyrannosaurus rex arrived today! It's magnificent!

tanystropheus

Where does it say the number? I just received my Sideshow Mosasaurus, as well. It is so elegant. I'm surprised that it can even support its weight. The hypocercal (?) tail fin just slid into the base...and that was that.

tanystropheus

I picked up Mosasaurus from Big Bad Toy Store. A strange place for dino statues, I suppose.

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 17, 2014, 02:19:18 PM

Haha, I'm the worst person to talk to about mathematics, I'm allergic to anything that involves arithmetic.

Isn't it supposed to be a Mosasaurus rather than a Tylosaurus though? I believe Mosasaurus was a little bigger than Tylosaurus.

I always thought that Tylosaurus was a type of Mosasaur.

triceratops83

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 19, 2014, 06:15:28 AM
I always thought that Tylosaurus was a type of Mosasaur.

Mosasaurus the genus as opposed to the family Mosasauridae. Tylosaurus is a close relation.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

God the tooth to fit the claw from last haul:

And yes, it was made by Geoworld....in 2001.

Got a set of Retro Model Kits:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 17, 2014, 02:19:18 PM

lol for sure.  I have to stop and add in the air..sometimes with my finger.  :)) 

I would have sworn Shane's was a Tylosaurus awhile back, but when I ordered mine it said Mosasaurus now. Shane's page lists it as a Mosa while Dan's says Tylo..so I'm going with artists I guess, it's a Mosasaurus.

ignite444

Newest addition to my collection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU1BVsIpeAE

For such a small model, this guy costs WAY too much.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: