You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreativtek

I have to admit that Christmas this year has been a real catch for me. My girlfriend got me not one, but two Papo dinosaurs: a Stegosaurus (second version with noticeably repainted tiles) and a Spinosaurus, which I love so much that I wanted to put it under my pillow when I went to bed. The latter can stand on its own and has beautifully painted details around the neck and feet.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: kreativtek on December 20, 2014, 01:56:52 PM
I have to admit that Christmas this year has been a real catch for me. My girlfriend got me not one, but two Papo dinosaurs: a Stegosaurus (second version with noticeably repainted tiles) and a Spinosaurus, which I love so much that I wanted to put it under my pillow when I went to bed. The latter can stand on its own and has beautifully painted details around the neck and feet.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

It's an awesome girlfriend that supports your addiction..er..hobby! lol Congrats!  ;D

DinoLord

Received a Dinosaur Studios 1/35 Gorgosaurus/Albertosaurus today. It has a bit of flash that needs cleaning up but it's an awesome sculpt!

ignite444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OKBzRISVCM

This guy I just received today. He's my pride and joy now, the most expensive model I own (I don't own anything more expensive... Yet.).
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Bokisaurus

Wild Safari Nasutoceratops and Sauropelta arrived today ^-^ More pics in the 2015 thread if you want to see more
[]

JohannesB

Those are very nice models and very nice photographs. It makes me wonder how or why the marketing departments often make the models look uglier (yes, maybe I am being too harsh) in their own publicity shots :P

ignite444

I think it's because they use too much white light, it white-washes the details and brightens the colors a bit.

docronnie

Excellent acquisitions everyone!  Beautiful models again Boki ... Congrats!  :)

Maybe my last for the year:

Cosmoland Mammoth

Happinet Amargasaurus - 2006 my second

Happinet Parasaurolophus  my second

Happinet Pachycephalosaurus - 2006

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 4 Baryonyx - April 2008 my second

Bandai Dinosaur Complete Works Triceratops - 2006

Kabaya Dinoworld Series 3 Triceratops Beige Variant - 2008

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Pteranodon - 1988 my second

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Tyrannasaurus - 1988

Favorite Soft Model Pachycephalosaurus - 2004 my second

Favorite Dinosaur Soft Model Set A Tyrannosaurus - 2004

Capcom Dino Expo 2009 The Miracle of Deserts Guanlong 05 - 2009 I never thought that I'll be able to own one.

All my duplicates are for trade and sale to my friends!  :)

TFL!
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

DinoLord

Very nice! That Pachycephalosaurus  has eluded me for quite  a while.

kreativtek

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 20, 2014, 11:52:27 PM
Wild Safari Nasutoceratops and Sauropelta arrived today ^-^ More pics in the 2015 thread if you want to see more
[]

Loving the models, but it is the base that caught my attention. Is it a real rock or did you make it yourself?

Roselaar

Wow, those new Safarisaurs look very detailed! Hopefully it's not just because of the excellent photography. :)

Good haul, docronnie!

docronnie

Yup, they really look great through Boki's photography.

Thanks Roselaar! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Dinomike

Excellent photos Bokisaurus! Is it just me but those new Safari models look inctedibly detailed - like Papo detailed! Can't wait for the European sellers to start stocking them. Great new acquisitions everybody!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

stargatedalek

not proud of this one, I had a weaker moment and gave in to temptation when I spotted this Carnegie miragaia bootleg at the dollarama yesterday
the line also had a Carnegie brachiosaurus and Schleich tyrannosaurus, giganotosaurus and triceratops
giganotosaurus was labelled allosaurus, miragaia as spinosaurus, and brachiosaurus as tanystropheus :P
I'm hoping it will look nice repainted, gives me something to work on over the holidays he-he :)

sauroid

Quote from: Dinomike on December 21, 2014, 06:34:30 PM
Excellent photos Bokisaurus! Is it just me but those new Safari models look inctedibly detailed - like Papo detailed!
i agree. and the paint app is so resin like.
i hope the Geoworld way of painting figures will become a thing of the past soon.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ignite444

Meso-Cenozoic

I'm finally, FINALLY the proud owner of a Tamiya Brachiosaurus! YAY!! And just in time for Xmas. ^-^ 

He'll look so great alongside my Jurassic Park... ahem, Papo figures! :o

triceratops83

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on December 23, 2014, 05:48:34 AM
I'm finally, FINALLY the proud owner of a Tamiya Brachiosaurus! YAY!! And just in time for Xmas. ^-^ 

Congrats! I wish Tamiya would do another series.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 23, 2014, 05:55:16 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on December 23, 2014, 05:48:34 AM

Congrats! I wish Tamiya would do another series.

Wouldn't that be great! I'd also love to see them do updates on their older models. With their eye for details, we would truly have some spectacular looking figures with the current scientific info!

triceratops83

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on December 23, 2014, 06:07:19 AM

Wouldn't that be great! I'd also love to see them do updates on their older models. With their eye for details, we would truly have some spectacular looking figures with the current scientific info!

Not to mention they'd be the most inexpensive models with that level of detail.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: