You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2014, 07:06:29 PM
I think it's from the Tiny Perfect Dino series, included an egg, skeleton, booklet/poster and a neat display box in the 90's.
Yeah, that's what I was starting to think. I had the Leptoceratops, was a really nice little series. Never seen the Hypacrosaurus before, really well done.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 26, 2014, 01:35:03 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2014, 07:06:29 PM
I think it's from the Tiny Perfect Dino series, included an egg, skeleton, booklet/poster and a neat display box in the 90's.
Yeah, that's what I was starting to think. I had the Leptoceratops, was a really nice little series. Never seen the Hypacrosaurus before, really well done.

I had most but not the very last ones..our local bookstore never stocked them. I the the Hypacro and Velociraptor were last?

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 26, 2014, 01:42:13 AM
I had most but not the very last ones..our local bookstore never stocked them. I the the Hypacro and Velociraptor were last?
I have a vague memory of only the Lepto and Trex being available in Kmart. I knew of the others from the back of the box, but typically, we never got them here.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

alexeratops

like a bantha!

triceratops83

alexeratops

Allright, Alexeratops here reporting for duty! I got 5 dinosaurs this Christmas.

Papo green running T Rex(#vastatosaurus ;))

CollectA Daspletosaurus (sitting)

CollectA Ornithocheirus(great sculpt)

WS Pachyrinosaurus (awesome)

and finally WS Dimorphodon(way bigger than anticipated)

plus lots of other stuff. I'll post a video of all my nerdy aquisitions soon. It's pretty long, I really hit the jackpot this year. :D

Happy Holidays!!!
like a bantha!

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Dinosaurana

Well, all of my Christmasing isn't done yet, but I think my haul is nearly done for saurian figures. Pictures will hopefully be soon.

Schleich Allosaurus reissue: While this was not what I had expected at all, and the most inaccurate, it's been growing on me. Sure, it's hands are broken and it has black eyes that steal your soul, but it looks nice and feels more energetic than it's predecessor.

Schleich Pentaceratops: This is my new hands down favorite figures of Schleich that I have ever owned. It's pose is incredibly dynamic, it has a coloration that feels completely natural and showy at the same time, and is one of their more accurate figures. I wasn't sure about it from pics online, but I'm extremely happy to have this one.

Battat Dacenturus: An obscure species that's wonderfully made, and by one of the more sought after companies was already on my want list. Unfortunately, from what I had seen in stores the paint jobs hadn't been best. And yet when I opened it, it was one of the cleanest paint jobs from a toy based company that I had ever seen, comparable to the late 2000's Carnegies. I'm extremely happy to have this one, and I am proud to add it to my collection.

EmperorDinobot

Thanks for the info on the Hypacrosaur skeleton. It came in a random JP dino lot and I thought it was very nicely done so I decided to keep it.

alexeratops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XypXLkDIRHQ

Please excuse my nerdiness. Yes, I like stuffed animals. Got a problem? ^-^
like a bantha!

ignite444

Great haul there! I love Harry Potter too. ^_^ I like Minecraft as well, but I haven't played it in months.

Oh and stuffed animals, I love 'em. I plan on getting some dino ones eventually.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

EmperorDinobot

Well done on those Dinobots Alexeratops! I approve.

alexeratops

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 26, 2014, 10:38:17 AM
Well done on those Dinobots Alexeratops! I approve.
Sorry, but what do you mean by 'well done'? Do you mean the way I introduced them into the video, or what? ??? :)

Quote from: ignite444 on December 26, 2014, 04:49:58 AM
Great haul there! I love Harry Potter too. ^_^ I like Minecraft as well, but I haven't played it in months.

Oh and stuffed animals, I love 'em. I plan on getting some dino ones eventually.

Believe me, it's embarassing to me when my friends come over and give the weird eye to my overflowing-to-the-floor basket of stuffed animals, but it's useful with a 4 year old sister. :))
like a bantha!

SBell

Just got the remaining 3 Battat dinos--Pachyrhinosaur, Cryolophosaurus & Dacentrurus--from a  local Target. They actually made it western Canada!

And my daughter picked up the Hydra figure. Because what 7 year old girl doesn't need a(nother) hydra?

deanm

Just curious. We're they on special for 6.99 in western Canada also?

SBell

Quote from: deanm on December 27, 2014, 11:13:04 PM
Just curious. We're they on special for 6.99 in western Canada also?

No. Of course not. >:( Stupid Target.

deanm

Sorry to hear that.

Though I'm not surprised either.  I wonder if they dropped price here to match the U.S. sales prices. We are pretty close to Buffalo and there is a lot of cross border shoppers even with exchange rate accounted for.

Bokisaurus

YuT arrived. I like it, but the paint app is not as good as I would expect.
Great new additions everyone! :)
[

Oh and yes, that base rock that I pose my figures is real ^-^ found it in a river years ago ;)

stargatedalek

I bought the safari Cambrian toob today, the paint apps are... not at the quality I would expect from safari
but the molds are lovely and I'm sure painting them will be a blast!

docronnie

Congrats on your awesome & Xmas hauls! :D

Thanks for the info, Boki, regarding your aesthetically beautiful rock! Manigong Bagong Taon sa inyong lahat! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: