You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignite444

I won this lot of old Carnegie models (I was the only bidder). I'm still waiting on them to get here:

My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Manatee

You got the Sinraptor; that one's pretty good and rare. The others are average, in my opinion.

ignite444

I only paid 9.99 for the whole lot (plus shipping, so that put me over 20 dollars). Not a bad deal for all of them if I do say so myself.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: ignite444 on December 28, 2014, 05:03:38 PM
I only paid 9.99 for the whole lot (plus shipping, so that put me over 20 dollars). Not a bad deal for all of them if I do say so myself.

And they all look to be new with tags! That's an amazing value! Congrats!!

ignite444

Only the rex in the back is without a tag, but oh well, the rest have them and that's totally fine with me.

Dan

Definitely a great find, Kel. Every figure in that lot is now retired, actually.

EmperorDinobot

I quit bidding on Carnegie lots... never found anything rare except a Sinraptor, a Deltadromeus, some vintage ones... I've got two boxes full of Carnegies that are being sold on ebay. They are...slow sellers.

When did Carnegie stop being a "thing"? I used to hold them in very high regard, but when they started playing around with scales I just couldn't keep going.

ignite444

Quote from: Dan on December 28, 2014, 11:15:28 PM
Definitely a great find, Kel. Every figure in that lot is now retired, actually.

Thanks! They do indeed look like older figures, none of which I own, heh.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Great catch, Ignite. I search for old Carnegie lots myself sometimes, on eBay.
Here are my recent acquisitions; Holiday, and (mostly) otherwise:

[Images Removed]

I'm still not sure yet on how to paint my Shapeways figures. I was thinking either this since it is also by Angie or brown with an orange crest.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

triceratops83

This arrived today! I wanted to show in particular the screw in the bottom of the hand. In another thread I discussed my discomfort with pinning; I don't do it unless I really need to, but I was worried with the pose on this model I would have a hard time trying to manage that task. So thank you Mr Mcvey, that has eased my mind, and thank you Dan's Dinosaurs! I am so glad to have this kit, I had long since filed it way in my "probably will never get a hold of" list.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

I had the very good fortune of acquiring the much-coveted Lego Research Institute from its Ideas line. It includes this adorable little set:

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

QuoteThis arrived today! I wanted to show in particular the screw in the bottom of the hand. In another thread I discussed my discomfort with pinning; I don't do it unless I really need to, but I was worried with the pose on this model I would have a hard time trying to manage that task. So thank you Mr Mcvey, that has eased my mind, and thank you Dan's Dinosaurs! I am so glad to have this kit, I had long since filed it way in my "probably will never get a hold of" list.
Did Dan pin the joint for you then? That's awesome :) He really is the #1 retailer for dinosaur collectors.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 30, 2014, 03:55:11 PM
QuoteThis arrived today! I wanted to show in particular the screw in the bottom of the hand. In another thread I discussed my discomfort with pinning; I don't do it unless I really need to, but I was worried with the pose on this model I would have a hard time trying to manage that task. So thank you Mr Mcvey, that has eased my mind, and thank you Dan's Dinosaurs! I am so glad to have this kit, I had long since filed it way in my "probably will never get a hold of" list.
Did Dan pin the joint for you then? That's awesome :) He really is the #1 retailer for dinosaur collectors.
That's true.Thanks to him I bought the Carnegie Velociraptor very early,and great service as well.The last time I ordered from him the dinosaur got safely and couldn't be better packed.

DinoLord

Finally got around to picking up a WS Diabloceratops and Gryposaurus from the AMNH gift shop. I almost got a Carnegie Brachiosaurus too until I saw they were asking for $50 each!

Ikessauro

I just realized that it's been really quite a while since I posted a recent acquisition, I have been too busy to do it. But since I have more time now, I guess you guys might enjoy seeing this one.
Oxalaia quilombensis made by young Brazilian Guilherme Bilinski, resin, hand painted. Comes with prey fish partially eaten. Some sort of Coelacanth I think. The fish is supposed to be under the hands of the dino. Measures about 36 cm from nose to outermost curve of the tail, not sure the actual size following the spine. Made, apparently, based on Spinosaurus new proportions.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score! I like the character it has. :)

tyrantqueen

The colouration reminds me a little of Windstone.

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 30, 2014, 11:44:22 PM
The colouration reminds me a little of Windstone.

You're right, it particularly brings to mind their dragons. Very nice.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 30, 2014, 11:05:57 PM
I just realized that it's been really quite a while since I posted a recent acquisition, I have been too busy to do it. But since I have more time now, I guess you guys might enjoy seeing this one.
Oxalaia quilombensis made by young Brazilian Guilherme Bilinski, resin, hand painted. Comes with prey fish partially eaten. Some sort of Coelacanth I think. The fish is supposed to be under the hands of the dino. Measures about 36 cm from nose to outermost curve of the tail, not sure the actual size following the spine. Made, apparently, based on Spinosaurus new proportions.
[/URL]

Very cool. I need that fish!

So how do we, all the way outside of Brazil, get this figure?

Alexxitator

That is a very nice piece. Looking on this guy's FB I found some more interesting work of his. One to watch!
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: