You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

Glad you like the replicas.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 02, 2015, 11:47:18 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 02, 2015, 08:37:45 AM
You hit the nail on the head, the personality the Chiodos infuse their work with makes me love them. There also a great childhood connection for me as I grew up watching the dinosaur shows with Gary and Eric on Disney..which the Chiodos did a lot of work for.  They also handled the 90's Land of the Lost series featuring some great stop motion dinos.

Check out this music video they did featuring a dinosaur band!

Wow, that must have cost a pretty penny, congratulations. Have you seen "the making of video" about have way through at 7:18 they talk to the Chiodos about the figures they sculpted and animated?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_OrSTTpVRI

I think I lucked out at 130.00 for it...especially considering what Monsters in Motion wants for one.

Yeah Charlie posted it on his facebook page..I'd love to have had those original pieces..or even figures of them. yeah I'm odd.. lol   The whole premise of the video reminds me of the Casual Rex series of books. Those were a riot.  ;D

Yutyrannus

I just got the Battat Pachyrhinosaurus and I absolutely love it, it is an amazing figure of one of my favorite ceratopsians :). However, I do have one question, it didn't come with a plastic stand like the Cryolophosaurus did so I would like to know: do the Pachyhrinosaurus' legs warp over time like I've heard that some of the other Battats do?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

John

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 03, 2015, 01:08:41 AM
I just got the Battat Pachyrhinosaurus and I absolutely love it, it is an amazing figure of one of my favorite ceratopsians :). However, I do have one question, it didn't come with a plastic stand like the Cryolophosaurus did so I would like to know: do the Pachyhrinosaurus' legs warp over time like I've heard that some of the other Battats do?
I got mine back in August and the legs are still perfectly fine,so I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: John on March 03, 2015, 01:38:45 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 03, 2015, 01:08:41 AM
I got mine back in August and the legs are still perfectly fine,so I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Okay, that's good. Thanks :)!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 03, 2015, 12:34:00 AM
You hit the nail on the head, the personality the Chiodos infuse their work with makes me love them. There also a great childhood connection for me as I grew up watching the dinosaur shows with Gary and Eric on Disney..which the Chiodos did a lot of work for.  They also handled the 90's Land of the Lost series featuring some great stop motion dinos.

Wow, that must have cost a pretty penny, congratulations. Have you seen "the making of video" about have way through at 7:18 they talk to the Chiodos about the figures they sculpted and animated?

I think I lucked out at 130.00 for it...especially considering what Monsters in Motion wants for one.

Yeah Charlie posted it on his facebook page..I'd love to have had those original pieces..or even figures of them. yeah I'm odd.. lol   The whole premise of the video reminds me of the Casual Rex series of books. Those were a riot.  ;D

Wow, congrats, man! Love hearing success stories like this! I think I remember seeing the original video too when it first came out, but I don't remember the "Making Of.." -- very cool. Gotta love the '80s! 8)

And congrats to all for some really fantastic acquisitions!

Jetoar

My last acquistions of a flea market.

:)).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Jetoar on March 03, 2015, 04:21:08 PM
:)).

Felicidades.
Me gustan los huevos de dragón y el parasaurolophus café.
Así que hablas español. ¿De que se trata "El Clan"? No lo había escuchado.

---

Congratulations.
I like the dragon eggs and the brown parasaurolophus
So you speak spanish. What is "El Clan" about? I've never hear of it.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on March 03, 2015, 09:50:20 AM

Wow, congrats, man! Love hearing success stories like this! I think I remember seeing the original video too when it first came out, but I don't remember the "Making Of.." -- very cool. Gotta love the '80s! 8)

And congrats to all for some really fantastic acquisitions!

Thanks bud! I grew up in the 80's (born 82') ..I never knew til a few years ago how much the Chiodo's were a part of it. They were in EVERYTHING! lol

Fofer

Good Jetoar! good acquisitions.

Anda Megalosaurus ya somos tres jeje.

docronnie

Quote from: Jetoar on March 03, 2015, 04:21:08 PM

Your flea market hauls are always awesome! Congrats! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Fofer

Good acquisitions today!

Dinosaurana

Nice finds Fofer! I have the English version of your book, and it's one of my more helpful identification guides.

Fofer

Thx Dino Master! is very cool book but as a spaniard miss the concavenator jeje

Dinosaurana

Quote from: Fofer on March 04, 2015, 06:38:35 PM
Thx Dino Master! is very cool book but as a spaniard miss the concavenator jeje

I know. Shame that the find came shortly after the book had been published, or it would have fit in quite nicely. Still, it's quite expansive and has taught me more on extinct mammals than I really knew before.

Uroplatus

For once, i was very happy when the mailman woke me up this morning...

;D

triceratops83

Whoa! Where'd you get the Tarbosaurus? This has given me hope that I might yet get the Saurolophus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Doug Watson

Wow! That's way less than I would have guessed was it properly identified? I would have guessed around $500.00.
I just lucked out on something that I have seen go for well over $200.00, I got it for about half of that. I hope you weren't bidding on it too since I know you are looking for these. I actually got 2 fifths of the set in two auctions. I thought I might really steal the big item since it was only listed as a Vintage 1960's era Brontosaurus Dinosaur Model Kit and left off the key identifier (any guesses). Unfortunately at least two other bidders seemed to know what it was. I haven't got it yet but I'll share it here when I get it (I hope).

Ikessauro

This week I got these so far. TLW Pachy, always wanted one, and Ademar Pereira do Nascimento's Neovenator resin model, sculpted, built and painted by Ademar himself.

Patrx

That Neovenator is beautiful! Does Mr. Nascimento sell his models online somewhere? I'm frequently impressed by his work.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: