You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

I wish it was. this one is the smaller 12 inch long neca Godzilla. overall, this was a great purchase.  I agree with you though. the 24 inch is set at the top of my priority figure list and has been for a couple months by now. it is definitely the best looking G14 figure out there thus far. well, until that x- plus Godzilla 2014 comes out.

docronnie

Thanks Sauroid! Drought on Dino figures but not on Marvel figs specially Marvel Legends. Hasbro has released 4 waves so far. My wallet is hurting at the moment and will continue to do so, until the Avengers and Ant-Man Movies hypes end this year. :(

Nice shots, Tallin! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on March 08, 2015, 04:25:36 PM
I wish it was. this one is the smaller 12 inch long neca Godzilla. overall, this was a great purchase.  I agree with you though. the 24 inch is set at the top of my priority figure list and has been for a couple months by now. it is definitely the best looking G14 figure out there thus far. well, until that x- plus Godzilla 2014 comes out.

ah, yeah I picked up the 12" for my cousin, he's a big G fan. Looked like an exact copy of the bigger one or vice versa.  I was tempted to get the BIG 3' ? Godzilla figure..but that would be all about size as it's detail is lacking.  The X-Plus will be awesome..but probably not affordable?

sauroid

just got these today
the hefty SEGA Triceratops

Safari Postosuchus

Carnegie Dilong

Colorata Mosasaurus

another K. Araki Anky

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool! I still haven't nabbed one of those Mosas yet.

sauroid

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 09, 2015, 04:25:32 PM
you should get one. too bad it's undersized.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on March 09, 2015, 05:01:26 PM

Maybe one will come way..I do have stuff to trade.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on March 09, 2015, 05:01:26 PM

Undersized compared to what? Colorata sets aren't to scale.

sauroid

compared to regular figures from big brands.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on March 10, 2015, 04:19:34 AM
compared to regular figures from big brands.

Understood. They're sort of more along the lines of big toob figures. Similar to some, like the bigger Safari Prehistoric Sharks.

Arul

Sauroid, what is the size in Cm for the colorata mosasaurus ? Thanks  :)

sauroid

Quote from: ARUL on March 10, 2015, 10:49:16 AM
Sauroid, what is the size in Cm for the colorata mosasaurus ? Thanks  :)
it's 12.5 cm.  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

Some old figures (and one brand new) for my collection:

Rajasaurus

Protoceratosaurus

Styracosaurus

Iguanodon

Eobasileus

See you soon..   :D

Uroplatus

Nice new additions Robin.  :)

I was kinda surprized walking into a local toystore today because i had never been there before, only to find out that they still had a whole bunch of these guy's...

8)

docronnie

Cool new ones, Sauroid! :D

Congrats Robin and  Uroplatus! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Jetoar

Congrats, Bullyland Iguanodon is one of the best figure of this animal  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Jetoar on March 11, 2015, 10:22:05 AM
Congrats, Bullyland Iguanodon is one of the best figure of this animal  ^-^.

I like it too. Very much.  ^-^

Doug Watson

My vintage collecting has slowed down over the last few years since there are only a few items I am hunting but I just got these two in two separate auctions. These are from the 1960s Flintstones Hunting Party Playset, Fred & the Brontosaurus. There is also a Barney, a T rex and a Stegosaurus still to get. I will post some more shots on my collection thread.
I was lucky on the Brontosaurus since it wasn't listed as a Flintstones piece and there seemed to be only two other people bidding that knew what it was so I got it for half of what I have seen them go for at $104.00. The Fred was very reasonable at $15. There are sellers listing them again and again at $66.00.  It is amazing how people will pick something up for pennies at a garage sale or estate sale and then list it over and over again at inflated prices instead of listing it at a reasonable price and still making a huge profit. I see the same thing at toy shows, year after year I see sellers carting the same stuff out and refusing to budge on the price instead of making a sale.

Roselaar

Congrats, that's a lovely retro Brontosaurus. It kinda has an Invicta touch to it.

sauroid

so cool. that Brontosaurus doesnt look too cartoony at all.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: