News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 06, 2012, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: Seijun on June 06, 2012, 08:05:33 PM
I have the same "problem", lol. Every Christmas and b-day someone will inevitable get me the same super set of cheap plastic chinasaurs.

That's what happens to ANYBODY at Christmas/birthdays when they have a not-so-common hobby or interest. I've had that one specifically happen at least twice. I've also received cheesy guitar shirts for Christmas as well, or CD compilations of leftover hairbands performing acoustic renditions of their tired 80's hits (shakes head).

Same here. In my case fishing and fish keeping. I try to keep my toy collecting on the down low just to avoid such situations. I prefer to pick out my own dinosaur figures or maybe let my wife, I wouldn't expect much from anyone else and they would just be wasting their time and money.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Gwangi on June 07, 2012, 01:43:00 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 06, 2012, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: Seijun on June 06, 2012, 08:05:33 PM
I have the same "problem", lol. Every Christmas and b-day someone will inevitable get me the same super set of cheap plastic chinasaurs.

That's what happens to ANYBODY at Christmas/birthdays when they have a not-so-common hobby or interest. I've had that one specifically happen at least twice. I've also received cheesy guitar shirts for Christmas as well, or CD compilations of leftover hairbands performing acoustic renditions of their tired 80's hits (shakes head).

Same here. In my case fishing and fish keeping. I try to keep my toy collecting on the down low just to avoid such situations. I prefer to pick out my own dinosaur figures or maybe let my wife, I wouldn't expect much from anyone else and they would just be wasting their time and money.

Right Gwangi, THAT'S why you don't tell people about your dinosaur toys, haha. So what do they do, buy you a cheap tackle box every year?

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 07, 2012, 01:56:04 AM
Right Gwangi, THAT'S why you don't tell people about your dinosaur toys, haha. So what do they do, buy you a cheap tackle box every year?

Most people know I have them, I just don't discuss it or make much of a fuss about it. I mean, the shelf of dinosaur toys in my house is kind of hard to miss. Among the fish related stuff they buy me, no tackle box yet but I'm constantly bombarded with tacky fishing decorations, shirts and things like that. Every year I have to contend with cheap fishing line I'll never use and I have more bobbers than I'll ever need in my lifetime. They always think "hey, he likes fish, he'll be easy to buy for" but they couldn't be more wrong. I will admit though that I've gotten some nice things related to my hobbies though.

Meso-Cenozoic

Nice pics and modification of both sauropods, Archosaur. I like the head and neck up a little higher on the Diplo too. Hope they stay for ya!

Nice bundle there, Seijun! I've been seeing the Mamenchi on eBay recently and have been debating on it because, well first the price, and second, they haven't been showing the actual figure, only the box. Are you going to ever take these out of their boxes or display them only in their boxes? If you ever take them out, especially the Mamenchi, I'd love to see a pic of it. About how big is he?

Oh, and on the Chinosaur gift subject..... Me too! LOL! I had a student that was so excited to see my love of dino collecting because she said she had some at home that her son has outgrown and wasn't interested in anymore. She told me they were still in really great shape and they were much bigger than any of mine (as if bigger always means better) and also looked different than any I had. Well, she was so excited about giving them to me, what could I say. So now these huge, rare and different (an unheard of trio made up of an Anky, Stego and Parasaurolophus!) Chinosaurs are now decorating a corner of my garden. 8)  I also have this huge, stuffed T.rex someone gave me. She said it was really big and very realistic looking! .... ::)

Seijun

I would like to display them eventually, but I have no shelf room left so they will be living in their boxes a while longer. I am taking them out just long enough to photograph them. Here is the Mamenchi: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8009/7344054138_2f497fa328_b.jpg
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Meso-Cenozoic

Oh wow, thanks Seijun! He's really nice and a bit bigger than I thought. I just may have to get one. Can he be displayed off his base as well or is he glued to it?

SBell

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 07, 2012, 09:26:55 AM
Oh wow, thanks Seijun! He's really nice and a bit bigger than I thought. I just may have to get one. Can he be displayed off his base as well or is he glued to it?

Like the other Capcom figures I have, they look like they could come off of their bases, but I think it might cause damage, they are on pretty tight.  Oddly, on all of mine the bases have holes for support rods--and the clear support rods.  I am not quite sure just how unstable they thought these figures are, because they aren't going anywhere.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 07, 2012, 05:05:13 AM
Nice pics and modification of both sauropods, Archosaur. I like the head and neck up a little higher on the Diplo too. Hope they stay for ya!

Nice bundle there, Seijun! I've been seeing the Mamenchi on eBay recently and have been debating on it because, well first the price, and second, they haven't been showing the actual figure, only the box. Are you going to ever take these out of their boxes or display them only in their boxes? If you ever take them out, especially the Mamenchi, I'd love to see a pic of it. About how big is he?

Oh, and on the Chinosaur gift subject..... Me too! LOL! I had a student that was so excited to see my love of dino collecting because she said she had some at home that her son has outgrown and wasn't interested in anymore. She told me they were still in really great shape and they were much bigger than any of mine (as if bigger always means better) and also looked different than any I had. Well, she was so excited about giving them to me, what could I say. So now these huge, rare and different (an unheard of trio made up of an Anky, Stego and Parasaurolophus!) Chinosaurs are now decorating a corner of my garden. 8)  I also have this huge, stuffed T.rex someone gave me. She said it was really big and very realistic looking! .... ::)

What an odd combo-species there, haha. Maybe you should post it here for ***** and giggles.

Takama

Receved a replacement for my injured Dilophosaurus today.

Via Dans Dinosaurs

Mauro "Raptor86"

Playmobil Dimetrodon and Jack Horner's book!

Roselaar

Looks good! I saw the new Playmobil dinosaurs in stores too this week, but I decided not to buy the Dimetrodon (the one new figure I really want) just yet. Might pick it up later when there's less Paposaurs, Collectasaurs, Carnegiesaurs and Bullysaurs/mammals to acquire.  ;D

UK

Just got these beauties from DeJankins...... $81 before postage. Best prices around so get there fast before they sell out.

I have seen the deinotherium selling for £80 alone recently.

[attachment msg=11251][/attachment]

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on June 08, 2012, 04:29:58 PM
Looks good! I saw the new Playmobil dinosaurs in stores too this week, but I decided not to buy the Dimetrodon (the one new figure I really want) just yet. Might pick it up later when there's less Paposaurs, Collectasaurs, Carnegiesaurs and Bullysaurs/mammals to acquire.  ;D

It's not fair--Europe gets the Playmobil sets a year before their releases in North America! And I will not pay the postage to get those here early.

Bokisaurus

Jetoar

My new dinosaurs for my collection  :).

Stegosaurus and Velociraptor from Schleich  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

ITewan

Very nice :)
On a side note, I got the new 2012 Four toed Hedgehog from Schleich :)

Also I saw the Papo Tylosaurus in a toy store, and the staff said they were waiting for the Papo Running T Rex to arrive. Just thought you should know :)
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Takama

Quote from: ITewan on June 09, 2012, 02:13:41 AM
Very nice :)
On a side note, I got the new 2012 Four toed Hedgehog from Schleich :)

Also I saw the Papo Tylosaurus in a toy store, and the staff said they were waiting for the Papo Running T Rex to arrive. Just thought you should know :)

That Hedgehog looked like a cartoonish joke in Schleichs Catalog

but after seeing it in you photo, i changed my views.

BTW What Toy Store is it thats getting the Papo Running Rex? Is it something wide spread?

ITewan

It is in the Gold Coast, Australia, unless you want to catch a plane, I think you might want to find the website:
http://www.hurleyburleightoys.com.au/welcome/page1.php
I can give you more photos of the Hedgehog if you want :)

Takama

ITewan

Very nice :) I want that Plateosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: