News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

This week

Bag of chinasaurs (With a few safari minis) $3.00

Dino Riders Deinonychus $.10

Dino Riders Pteradactylus (small one) $.10

Bag of dinosaurs (including Toyway Natural History Museum Iguanadon :) ) $1.00
Good week

Metallisuchus

Quote from: primeval12 on June 14, 2012, 09:40:39 PM
This week

Bag of chinasaurs (With a few safari minis) $3.00

Dino Riders Deinonychus $.10

Dino Riders Pteradactylus (small one) $.10

Bag of dinosaurs (including Toyway Natural History Museum Iguanadon :) ) $1.00
Good week

Did you buy all this at a flea market or something?

tanystropheus

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 13, 2012, 06:16:07 PM
Quote from: UK on June 08, 2012, 05:21:35 PM
Just got these beauties from DeJankins...... $81 before postage. Best prices around so get there fast before they sell out.

I have seen the deinotherium selling for £80 alone recently.

Interesting, I've tried contacting DeJankins regarding the Gomph, but they haven't responded to my email.  I'm not sure what's up :-\

Okay, just received an email from DeJankins---it seems that the message was unintentionally relayed to the spam folder.

Primeval12

Chinasaurs were at a consignment shop, the Dino Riders were both at a tag sale and the other dinosaur bag was at a thrift store

Takama

CollectAs Best Theropod Ever

And it came with dino feed.

JurassicJr

I received the awesome and rare Jurassic Park Gallimimus and The Lost World: JP 3-D wall art for my Birthday 2 weeks ago!  :)

Metallisuchus

Man I remember getting that Gallimimus for Christmas when it came out, classic toy there. I always loved the sound it made - like a nervous chicken crossed with a horse!

Gwangi

I don't collect a lot of JP but I've always wanted that Gallimimus.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Gwangi on June 16, 2012, 02:33:05 AM
I don't collect a lot of JP but I've always wanted that Gallimimus.

The JP Series 2 releases were great. I always loved the Utahraptor & Carnotaurus especially. It's harder for me now to like them as much because I consider them toys as opposed to replicas. There's a fine line there.

Primeval12

Can I post non dinosaur acquisitions

tanystropheus

Recent 2012 acquisitions (I have a Schleich retailer across the street, so it's quite tempting, lol)

amargasaurus cazaui

I am unsure if I am allowed to post this little guy as he is not a toy, but then neither are some of the statues and models I am seeing.He is my newest dinosaur however and I wanted to welcome him home so here he is.
Named him after Nim from the series Surface.

[attachment msg=11746][/attachment]
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 17, 2012, 05:24:00 AM
I am unsure if I am allowed to post this little guy as he is not a toy, but then neither are some of the statues and models I am seeing.He is my newest dinosaur however and I wanted to welcome him home so here he is.

IS that thing real?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Takama on June 17, 2012, 05:52:34 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 17, 2012, 05:24:00 AM

IS that thing real?
Do you mean is it a real dinosaur skeleton? Yes of course, its a Psittacosaurus. I put another thread up regarding the little guy, but since he is a new acquisition I thought it might be alright to put him here. I hope I dint offend you.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Oh no. You did not offend me :)

I just wonderd if that was real as in. The remains of a real dead animal

qustion answerd. Thanks

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Takama on June 17, 2012, 06:46:12 AM
Oh no. You did not offend me :)

I just wonderd if that was real as in. The remains of a real dead animal

qustion answerd. Thanks

Yes Sir. Quite so, it is a fossil Psittacosaurus, and I purchased and had him mounted . It isnt a perfect dinosaur, but he is still awesome to look at and study and compare.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Takama on June 15, 2012, 11:07:19 PM

Wow, you got one of the better Neovenator's! His legs are nice and straight, and his feet are planted firmly on the ground allowing him to stand on his own. My first one was so bad, I had to send him back. (I hardly, if ever, send back dinos!) His poor legs down to his feet were so badly bowed inward, he couldn't even stand with the plastic insert base that comes with him! My second one isn't much better. But at least he stands with the plastic. Nice to know there are some out there that don't have defective legs. I just thought maybe CollectA was having this issue because this year's theropods are, I think, their first ones with skinnier legs.

I'm jealous, hehe! He looks great!

Metallisuchus

Quote from: primeval12 on June 16, 2012, 09:20:22 PM
Can I post non dinosaur acquisitions

If they're extant animals, I think it should be okay. I totally forgot - there is a section on here for non-dinosaur collectibles, though I don't believe there's a 'recent acquisitions' section for extant animals, which is why I post 'em here.

Takama

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 17, 2012, 10:59:09 AM
Quote from: Takama on June 15, 2012, 11:07:19 PM

Wow, you got one of the better Neovenator's! His legs are nice and straight, and his feet are planted firmly on the ground allowing him to stand on his own. My first one was so bad, I had to send him back. (I hardly, if ever, send back dinos!) His poor legs down to his feet were so badly bowed inward, he couldn't even stand with the plastic insert base that comes with him! My second one isn't much better. But at least he stands with the plastic. Nice to know there are some out there that don't have defective legs. I just thought maybe CollectA was having this issue because this year's theropods are, I think, their first ones with skinnier legs.

I'm jealous, hehe! He looks great!

dont be. his legs were bent inwards also. and could not stand.   but I gave him the hair dryer treatment and now he is fine.

note this out before going thourgh the hassle of sending back another dinosaur ;)  :)

brach81

Some recent additions to my collection :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: