You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Jetoar on May 07, 2015, 04:06:02 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on May 07, 2015, 03:15:09 PM
I see you have planzzz!

What is with those Jurassic Hunters? Are they some kind of magazine variants?

Thanks City Raptor. It is one of my favorite characters of the show. About Geoworld, These are differents because they have 5 files into the bag of the figure and other figures of the collections, The price is cheaper than usual Geoworld (5 euros) figures and they can be purchased in kioscos or book shops and finally, I think the same that you about Jurassic World.
Two Waspinators?  Megatron would have a migraine for days!  I met Waspinator's voice actor, he was a pretty cool guy, signed my copy of Season 1 of Beast Wars. ^-^
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Jetoar

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 10, 2015, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on May 07, 2015, 04:06:02 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on May 07, 2015, 03:15:09 PM
I see you have planzzz!

What is with those Jurassic Hunters? Are they some kind of magazine variants?

Thanks City Raptor. It is one of my favorite characters of the show. About Geoworld, These are differents because they have 5 files into the bag of the figure and other figures of the collections, The price is cheaper than usual Geoworld (5 euros) figures and they can be purchased in kioscos or book shops and finally, I think the same that you about Jurassic World.
Two Waspinators?  Megatron would have a migraine for days!  I met Waspinator's voice actor, he was a pretty cool guy, signed my copy of Season 1 of Beast Wars. ^-^

Yes, the original and the 30th anniversary. Really?,  it had to be awesome  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

recent ones
finally got the beautiful Schleich Kentrosaurus

Kaiyodo dino land smaller white T. rex

the Papo green baby rex

a herd of Kabaya Apatosaurus

Safari Ltd Velociraptor

misc.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Very nice, Roselaar! I believe we have Dino Horizons at our Toys R Us stores. Will check them out next time.

Nice pieces, Sauroid! Congrats! :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

ZaZZU2

Nice haul Sauroid! Those Kabaya Apatosaurus look awesome! Jealousy just might be what I'm feeling right now >:D

Doug Watson

Quote from: sauroid on May 11, 2015, 12:49:39 PM
recent ones

Congratulations on that T rex, it looks great in white, are you going to paint it? Can I ask where you got it, Japan?

postsaurischian

recent ones

Congrats, sauroid! That's a rare one. One of the most beautiful Tyrannosaurus figures that has ever been released in my opinion :).
I won't get mine painted. I absolutely love its creamy monochrome look.
BTW.: This is its original package:

sauroid

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 12, 2015, 03:10:50 PM
recent ones

Congrats, sauroid! That's a rare one. One of the most beautiful Tyrannosaurus figures that has ever been released in my opinion :).
I won't get mine painted. I absolutely love its creamy monochrome look.
BTW.: This is its original package:

yes i will keep it the way it is. thanks for posting the original packaging.

thanks everyone.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

JurassicJr

I received the Sideshow T-Rex with prey statue today! It is so awesome, I love it!!!

joossa

Oh, it's huge. Nice to see it along a real person for once for a scale reference.
Thanks for sharing. Looks like it has found a nice home on your shelf.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dyscrasia

Received these today... (still waiting for "Jolly" though as it is currently stuck in the customs office  >:( )

and this last week.   :-\

Cammy

Here's my latest dinosaur haul, including some Jurassic World action figures, WWD3D action figures and mystery figure eggs, a big, new dinosaur book, a Dinosaur Action magazine pack which includes posters, a skeleton, a claw and a mystery figure. I also got some food which has dinosaurs on the packaging so I included those in the photo. :P

suspsy

My latest haul, courtesy of Toy and Hobby Central. Gotta say, these Wild Safaris are great!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

laticauda

Nice hull everyone.  The Rebor looks nice and I am almost convinced to pay the price to pick one up.  The sideshow T-rex is certainly a eye catcher due to its size.

Cammy, I see that after you read Suspsy and my JW reviews, you ran out and picked up the ones we reviewed.  ;)  Also, I like the packaging on those Vanilla Crunch Rice bars, makes me wonder why they put the stegosaurus on there.  Nice Safari's Suspsy! 

RobinGoodfellow

..some new entries...    ^-^

"vintage" T REX from Schleich

new COLLECTAs

The Favorite Pelecanimimus

Animals of Australia -  Laellinasaura & Serendipaceratops

May 2015 New Acquisition here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/sets/72157652648078045

Have a nice day    :))

Arul

Wow that trex is from schleich ? What is "vintage" means ? Hehehe

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ARUL on May 14, 2015, 06:15:24 PM

Schleich introduced this T Rex in 2007.
From the Everything Dinosaur Blog:  "  The kangaroo posture for the T. rex (tail on the ground) was introduced for this model to mark the 100th anniversary of the naming and describing of this huge carnivorous reptile.  The model pays homage to the early interpretations by Brown and the famous illustrators such as Knight and Zallinger who helped popularise dinosaurs with their wonderful artwork which adorned many children's books. "

Roselaar

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 14, 2015, 07:52:03 PM

From the Everything Dinosaur Blog:  "  The kangaroo posture for the T. rex (tail on the ground) was introduced for this model to mark the 100th anniversary of the naming and describing of this huge carnivorous reptile.  The model pays homage to the early interpretations by Brown and the famous illustrators such as Knight and Zallinger who helped popularise dinosaurs with their wonderful artwork which adorned many children's books. "

So that T-Rex was deliberately retro? I didn't know that, I just thought Schleich screwed up as they often do.

SBell

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 14, 2015, 07:52:03 PM

Really? That seems more like a post hoc justification for what was, at the time, an already incredibly out of date depiction of T.rex. I remember seeing them in stores when they first came out, and they were pretty loud about their Humboldt-University museum connection, but nothing about intentional retro-styling. Plus Tyrannosaurus as a genus was named by Osborn in 1905, and this figure came out in 1994(!) so this makes the historical nature equally unlikely (in 1892 or so, Manospondylus was described, but I doubt Schleich was going for that).

CityRaptor

Actually this figure was introduced in 2007 as a replacement for the 1994 figure...so much for the often praised Schleich accuracy. ( By people who are not interested in accurate Dinosaurs ).
In my honest opinion, I wouldn't believe everything that Everything Dinosaur writes. They want to sell the stuff they write about, after all.
And it would not even make a  good Retrosaur. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: