You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

I have/had that Velocirapteryx.  Not sure if it's still in a box somewhere or got purged in a garage sale.  Loved that sucker though, real mean looking.  Except for that hole in its back.  Never knew what that was for.

Never saw that flying one though. :o
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Daspletodave on May 03, 2015, 12:09:42 AM
some of my recent (and not so recent) acquisitions:

Excellent selection. Does the Archelon and Dunkleosteous come with bases?

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 03, 2015, 02:00:52 AM
Colorata quetzalcoatlus

I've always liked the Colorata Quetz. It's elegant and the pose is one of a kind  :)

tyrantqueen

I hate to sound like a backseat mod, but tany, could you please stop quoting entire photos of posts? Just one photo gets the point across just fine. I normally report it to the mods when I see such things, but unless I speak out about it the poster might not be aware of what they are doing and keep repeating the problem.

Thank you :)

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 03, 2015, 05:33:07 AM

I have the Dunk (and Anomalocaris) and base is included, so I would assume it is for the Archelon as well.

Also, notice how I deleted all extra photos from the quote? Makes this easier to read! ;)

joossa

I like that quetzalcoatlus. :)

I got the trio from JP: Allen, Ellie, and Ian. I got them all used, but I think that gives them some charm.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Haha! I got Ellie, Alan and Malcolm second hand as well! Great new creatures everyone!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

stargatedalek

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 03, 2015, 03:27:29 AM
I have/had that Velocirapteryx.  Not sure if it's still in a box somewhere or got purged in a garage sale.  Loved that sucker though, real mean looking.  Except for that hole in its back.  Never knew what that was for.

Never saw that flying one though. :o
I think the holes are for sound, since only the JP pieces with sound have them.

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on May 03, 2015, 05:57:21 AM

-Image deleted-

I have the Dunk (and Anomalocaris) and base is included, so I would assume it is for the Archelon as well.

Also, notice how I deleted all extra photos from the quote? Makes this easier to read! ;)

Haha, but they are such beautiful pictures...I couldn't resist  ;)
Awesome, I was thinking of picking up those models at some point. The Dunk seems like it will go well with my WS version.

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 03, 2015, 10:53:55 PM
Quote from: SBell on May 03, 2015, 05:57:21 AM

-Image deleted-

Haha, but they are such beautiful pictures...I couldn't resist  ;)
Awesome, I was thinking of picking up those models at some point. The Dunk seems like it will go well with my WS version.

It's a pretty good match, a little bigger.

RobinGoodfellow

Battat dinos are really hard to find in my country.
I found this 3 guys on Ebay for 10 US Dollar  (all).....  ;D

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice pic too! Shows all the details and color.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 04, 2015, 05:15:05 PM

Thank you.  :)
When I took pictures with ambient lights (and not studio/photographic lights), usually I use the HDR technique ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging ).
Have a nice day  :D

Daspletodave

To answer Tanystropheus - yes, both the Archelon and Dunkleosteus come with the bases.

Arul

yes battat is very hard to find for me, battat diplo is in my wish list

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 04, 2015, 09:22:41 PM

When I took pictures with ambient lights (and not studio/photographic lights), usually I use the HDR technique ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging ).

Interesting. Is it complex to achieve? I wonder if it's something I can do when taking pics of the dinosaurs in the Park?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 05, 2015, 03:35:10 AM

Interesting. Is it complex to achieve? I wonder if it's something I can do when taking pics of the dinosaurs in the Park?

No, it's easy. You need a camera with manual exposure, a tripod and an HDR software (Photoshop can create an HDR image).
If you need more info, please send me a PM.
Have a nice day :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 05, 2015, 06:02:58 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 05, 2015, 03:35:10 AM

No, it's easy. You need a camera with manual exposure, a tripod and an HDR software (Photoshop can create an HDR image).
If you need more info, please send me a PM.
Have a nice day :)

I appreciate the offer bud, thanks!  I unfortunately have only a small refurbished kodak digital camera and that's about it. Photoshop?  I still use Paint... I am a dinosaur.. lol

Tyto_Theropod

HDR is indeed an interesting idea, and it's very useful for astrophotographers. I like the idea, but personally don't use it as I find tripods a bit binding.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: