You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapejara1122

I recently went to Target and Wal-Mart, and picked up these 2 guys:

I got Velociraptor (Blue) and a mosasaur plush

Mosaurus was 10 bucks which is pretty cheap and it was at target.

I hung up the mosaurus by my fan.

Blue was 15 bucks at Walmart  but 20 at Target.

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Arul

Tapejara1122

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Pawnosuchus

Went to a yard sale this weekend and picked up three Battat minis (Gallimimus, Ouranoaurus and Styracosaurus) plus a few old Marx and an Invicta Stegosaurus for Ten cents each.

Tapejara1122

Quote from: Pawnosuchus on June 02, 2015, 12:37:01 PM
Went to a yard sale this weekend and picked up three Battat minis (Gallimimus, Ouranoaurus and Styracosaurus) plus a few old Marx and an Invicta Stegosaurus for Ten cents each.

WOW good catch, your lucky they didnt know how much their actually worth.

Pawnosuchus

I go to yard sales almost every Saturday.  There are lots of dinosaurs and they usually go for anywhere between 10 and 50 cents.  That's the first time I ever saw Battat mini's tho.  You can believe I was rooting through the box looking for the T-rex. No luck. Maybe next week.

Tapejara1122

Quote from: Pawnosuchus on June 02, 2015, 05:39:11 PM
I go to yard sales almost every Saturday.  There are lots of dinosaurs and they usually go for anywhere between 10 and 50 cents.  That's the first time I ever saw Battat mini's tho.  You can believe I was rooting through the box looking for the T-rex. No luck. Maybe next week.

Nice! Hope you find somthing good!

laticauda

Quote from: Tapejara1122 on June 02, 2015, 04:05:06 PM
Quote from: Pawnosuchus on June 02, 2015, 12:37:01 PM

WOW good catch, your lucky they didnt know how much their actually worth.
I think my jaw just hit the ground, nice find.  :)

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 21, 2015, 01:20:36 AM
JW Indominus Rex, more pictures and a review on the DTF should be coming sometime soon.

Any Idea what scale it is?

stargatedalek

It seems to be about to scale with the JP, TLW, and Cap Mei lines, so about 1:17th-1:20th.

deanm

some new critters for the collection. 

many thanks to Halichoeres for the wonderful additions to the "Burgess shelf".  Not all are Burgess but they fit best on this shelf.

on the table

in the collection

and hiding near the sea scorpion

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 03, 2015, 12:32:51 AM
It seems to be about to scale with the JP, TLW, and Cap Mei lines, so about 1:17th-1:20th.
Thanks, but dang it, I was hoping it was 1/40 scale, none of the indominus rex's are 1/40 scale. Oh well, my mom wants me to save my money and cut back on my buying, trying to clean my room out and stuff

Halichoeres

Quote from: deanm on June 03, 2015, 12:33:33 AM
some new critters for the collection. 

many thanks to Halichoeres for the wonderful additions to the "Burgess shelf".  Not all are Burgess but they fit best on this shelf.

on the table

in the collection

and hiding near the sea scorpion

They look great in situ! I'm glad you're pleased!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

Who makes that Edmontonia cutie?

deanm

It is one of the Cadbury Yowies Lost Kingdoms series figures (series b or c, I forget now off the top of my head).

Tyto_Theropod

Probably my last Carnegie order :'(

I love the Brachio - can't think why I didn't get him earlier.

I also got a second Wild Safari Velociraptor for a custom project. It's a mint model, but the paint wear was already bad - I can see what people mean about WS models recently. My other Velociraptor from them, purchased in 2010, isn't half this bad. I think I might well just repaint any and all WS stuff I get in future if they carry on like this - which is a pity as some of the factory colour schemes are really nice.

I also ordered a second 2015 Carnegie Velociraptor for the same purpose. I got this, in a very battered packet, shoved carelessly at the bottom of the box. WTF Dinosaur Time? I'm not sure if I'm going to send this back or do another custom.

And finally, a lovely replica Velociraptor skull from GeoEd.

UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Appalachiosaurus

I recently got a  Bull T. rex in a garage sale for only 5 bucks. Its insides were all weird and broken, but my technician step-father had it working like new in no time!

Shadowknight1

I've been debating tracking down that Carnegie Tylosaurus.  I know it's not 100% accurate any more since they discovered the tail fluke, but the colors seem really nice.

And Tyto, I have that same WS Velociraptor and the paint wear on that sucker is terrible.  Only paint wear on my Acro is the toenails and haven't seen any on the Yutyrannus thus far.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Tyto_Theropod

It's a very nice model, even if the tongue and tail are wrong. The head is the best bit is the head - scary looking, really well sculpted and full of life. I have to say, though, that of the Carnegie marine reptiles I have the Ichthyosaurus has the edge.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Arul

Great acquisitions Tyto_Theropod  :D carnegie tylosaurus is my most favorite marine reptile figure, do you have carnegie amargasaurus ? That is my most favorite sauropod figure ever lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: