News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quotedont be. his legs were bent inwards also. and could not stand.   but I gave him the hair dryer treatment and now he is fine.

note this out before going thourgh the hassle of sending back another dinosaur
Did you get your Neovenator from that seller in Hong Kong? I got both my CollectA Mapusaurus and Rex from that guy, and they both came with crippled legs...fixable of course, but still  ???

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 17, 2012, 07:52:18 PM
Quotedont be. his legs were bent inwards also. and could not stand.   but I gave him the hair dryer treatment and now he is fine.

note this out before going thourgh the hassle of sending back another dinosaur
Did you get your Neovenator from that seller in Hong Kong? I got both my CollectA Mapusaurus and Rex from that guy, and they both came with crippled legs...fixable of course, but still  ???

Oh no. I can't afford anything from them.    I got mine from DeJankens

Meso-Cenozoic

Haha, I got mine from DeJankins too! Dean was so great about it and had no problem with me exchanging it. He did tell me, when he looked through all the Neos he had to try and pick out a better one for me, he said they ALL looked somewhat bow-legged to some degree.  :-\

postsaurischian

My Neovenator is absolutely perfect!
I wonder what happened to the newer deliveries.

Rulon on the River

Got these on Saturday in the Mail:

Megalosaurus

Hello dinoguys.

Past weekend I went to a "Tianguis" (errant market), I think you call it "flea market". I bought a bunch of toys, along with few prehistoric ones. I'll try to put the prices in U.s.Dollars. Enjoy it:

Now on to detailed pics:

This is a Velocyraptor from an unknown brand. It's not bad at all, very well done, not your standard chinasaurus. It's even feathered for you feather lovers. Cost $1.75

A Mega Big Pachicephachinosaurus. Super retro. Cost $1.75

A hatching Brachio and a skeleton. Cost $0.75 each one.

Two different miniCeratopsians, an ugly Spinosaurus, and an amphibian (not sure if it's extant or extinct). Cost $0.30 each one, except the amphibian, it was free.

Now an autoplocamed Ankylosaurus and a Schleich smilodon. Cost $0.75 each one. I'm pretty happy with this particular purchase.

And last... I believe it's a Tuatara Lizard. Cost $0.75.

And this is a living dino that was rescued from a killer cat. It loses half of its tail. We'll be releasing it next weekend in a more suitable habitat.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

SBell

Nice bunch of stuff Megalosaurus.

I'm pretty sure the big raptor was released as part of the large Safari dinos line Great Dinos, originally from Galaxy Toys:
http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/Great+Dino+Velociraptor/part_number=30001/740.0.1.1.33307.70684.33309.0.0?pp=12&

The pachycephalosaur might be a very large Jasman or Imperial.

The hatching brachio looks like UKRD, maybe AAA

The two ceratopsians are from the Safari 'Feathered Dinos' Toob (a great toob); the Spinosaur is a Play Visions. The salamander is from FUL toys, and is a Hellbender/Giant Salamander (although it would stand in well for many large extinct ones as well. It's pretty decent for a low-end toy (I have, like, three of them).

I've seen the ankylosaur before, in bins. Looks like the same company that knocked off the Battat Styracosaurus and Stegosaurus.

And that last critter is a larger-size crested newt. FUL makes a small one of those as well, and it is more obvious in the little one.

And what type of lizard is that? It looks like a desert-type of some sort (spiky tail!) but I can't tell what.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really digging the retro Pachy ! ;D

sauroid

those are really awesome flea market finds Megalosaurus, and at almost give away prices too. :D
where are you from btw? (if you dont mind my asking)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ZoPteryx

Great finds Megalosaurus, you got some real bargains there! :D

Quote from: SBell on June 18, 2012, 08:05:25 PM
And what type of lizard is that? It looks like a desert-type of some sort (spiky tail!) but I can't tell what.

I believe it's a Spiny-tailed Iguana species. :)

Seijun

The big green velociraptor is from Safari's Great Dinos line. The green color was the first color release. Later, they changed the color to brown.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Megalosaurus

sbell Thanks for the info.
sauroid I'm from Sinaloa, México.

The living pal is a female "Garrobo Negro" (i believe is Ctenosaura estebanensis [or pectinata]). Also known as spiny tailed iguana (as Zopteryx stated), its pretty agresive compared to a green iguana.

And thank you all for giving information on the figures. Any additional clarificacion is welcome.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Metallisuchus

Man, where do you people live that you actually find Safari, Schleich etc. at flea markets? Good finds anyway. I don't believe I've ever seen that Velociraptor in green. It's been in a few different colors, I think.

Tany - were those Neutrinos???

Rulon - love the Dino-Riders figures!

cordylus

I've gotten the wild safari guanlong + ceratosaurus recently (my the poor malformed guanlong looks so pathetic  *yuck* ), and I also just placed an order for the new papo baby rex and the bullyland mastodonsaurus!

When did bullyland decide to re-release some of their old favorites?! That's really cool of them, especially for the mammal enthusiasts.

Rulon on the River

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 19, 2012, 12:55:09 AM
Rulon - love the Dino-Riders figures!
Thanks! I'm new to Dino-Riders.
Do you have any, or a link to your collection?
How hard is it to find the 3rd series of Rulons? I can't find them anywhere on eBay.

Gwangi

I got this lot on eBay without even knowing what it consisted of. I'm normally not a gambling man but the money was being used for a charity and I won a lot from the same seller last year that had some nice Tyco figures. This time they actually posted the same picture from last years lot and I contacted them about it. They apparently made a mistake and fixed it but didn't have a new picture so I basically bought the lot blind. I was also drunk when I bought it so make of that what you will. Anyway, my mind was racing at the thought there might be some hidden treasure but I ended up a bit disappointed. The only figure I can see in there worth collecting was an Inpro Mammoth. All well, I only paid $5.50 and I probably would have paid that for the mammoth anyway. I don't know anything about the rest of the lot so if someone sees something in there worthy of mention feel free to let me know. Most of these will no doubt end up in my trade thread.

I really like these green Tyrannosaurs, I'm going to keep at least one.

I remember the two on the right from my childhood. I like the Tyrannosaurus as well as the Triceratops on the left.

Some other childhood memories from these guys.

There is that Inpro Mammoth, the best of the lot.

A pterosaur and a couple of...whatever those are.

Some extant animals, I don't want any of these.

Metallisuchus

I like the pterosaur and the sable antelope the most, though none are really impressive.

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 19, 2012, 02:10:49 AM
I like the pterosaur and the sable antelope the most, though none are really impressive.

I know, a bit of a bummer. That Mammoth was really the only saving grace for me.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 02:35:15 AM

I know, a bit of a bummer. That Mammoth was really the only saving grace for me.

Why the mammoth? Just curious. Anyway, you didn't pay that much, and some people really like this stuff, so maybe it will earn its cost in trades eventually.

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 19, 2012, 02:37:28 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 02:35:15 AM

Why the mammoth? Just curious. Anyway, you didn't pay that much, and some people really like this stuff, so maybe it will earn its cost in trades eventually.

The mammoth was made by Inpro (an English company) in 1972 so if nothing else it is a bit of an antique in the dinosaur toy world. During they're time they were some of the better dinosaur toys on the market, before Invicta anyway. Most of them are outdated of course and a bit ugly but they still have a certain charm. While I don't go out of my way to collect them they're still collectable and I keep them for their historic significance. The only other one I have is the Protoceratops...that one is really ugly.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: