News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 02:43:35 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 19, 2012, 02:37:28 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 02:35:15 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 19, 2012, 02:10:49 AM
I like the pterosaur and the sable antelope the most, though none are really impressive.

I know, a bit of a bummer. That Mammoth was really the only saving grace for me.

Why the mammoth? Just curious. Anyway, you didn't pay that much, and some people really like this stuff, so maybe it will earn its cost in trades eventually.

The mammoth was made by Inpro (an English company) in 1972 so if nothing else it is a bit of an antique in the dinosaur toy world. During they're time they were some of the better dinosaur toys on the market, before Invicta anyway. Most of them are outdated of course and a bit ugly but they still have a certain charm. While I don't go out of my way to collect them they're still collectable and I keep them for their historic significance. The only other one I have is the Protoceratops...that one is really ugly.

That makes sense I guess. Yeah most old dino toys were really ugly, haha.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 19, 2012, 02:10:49 AMI like the pterosaur and the sable antelope the most...
I was going to say the sable antelope looks pretty good. A bit of sprucing up and a new paintjob might make a silk purse out of it...

SBell

I like the pterosaur and the sable antelope the most, though none are really impressive.

I know, a bit of a bummer. That Mammoth was really the only saving grace for me.

The picture with the perosaur and the 'others' includes a JaRu rust monster.  If you don't want it, I could use one and would gladly take it off your hands (D&D represent!).

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on June 19, 2012, 06:48:52 AM

The picture with the perosaur and the 'others' includes a JaRu rust monster.  If you don't want it, I could use one and would gladly take it off your hands (D&D represent!).

Is there anything you might be willing to trade for it?  :))

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 01:38:59 PM

Given that it would have a commercial value of about $0.12 (the usual source is a bag of 10-15 JaRu dinos for $1-$2) not really. ;D I could probably send you a Safari mini dino of your choice...(T.rex, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Dimetrodon, Stegosaurus).

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on June 19, 2012, 04:43:22 PM

Given that it would have a commercial value of about $0.12 (the usual source is a bag of 10-15 JaRu dinos for $1-$2) not really. ;D I could probably send you a Safari mini dino of your choice...(T.rex, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Dimetrodon, Stegosaurus).
I realize it is not worth much but I did pay $5.50 for the lot and I'm not in a financial position to give things away that I've paid for. I wasn't really looking at it from a value perspective anyway, more like two people exchanging items they didn't want but the other did.  Never mind a trade, PM your address and I'll send it out.

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 05:46:36 PM
Quote from: SBell on June 19, 2012, 04:43:22 PM

I realize it is not worth much but I did pay $5.50 for the lot and I'm not in a financial position to give things away that I've paid for. I wasn't really looking at it from a value perspective anyway, more like two people exchanging items they didn't want but the other did.  Never mind a trade, PM your address and I'll send it out.

Hey, no worries, you don't really have to--it was mostly meant as tongue-in-cheek. Curse the inability of typing to convey expressions and voices...

Roselaar

Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 01:49:56 AM

A pterosaur and a couple of...whatever those are.

Yellow thingy... facehugger missing a few legs maybe?  :P

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on June 19, 2012, 08:16:26 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 01:49:56 AM

A pterosaur and a couple of...whatever those are.

Yellow thingy... facehugger missing a few legs maybe?  :P

It's a D&D rust monster (although the figure came first, and then Gygax and co. found it and created a monster for it).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Been to trying to get one of these back for a long while :

CityRaptor

Is that the original Release or the current Re-Issue? I have the 1992 Re-Issue. It is quite an impressive, even if not realistic figure.

That being said, I obtained:
Carnegie Iguanodon ( Old Paint Version )
Carnegie Corythosaurus
Tamiya Velociraptor 6-Pack.
Claw Replicas: Velociraptor, Deinonychus, Utahraptor, Oviraptor
Skull Replica: Eoraptor

And because I know of no other toy of that genus: Dinoz Microceratops. The colors remind me a lot of the good old Dino Riders Monoclonius.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a re-issue version I picked up for 50.00 not bad really. Yeah it's retro as a all get out..big , impressive, and just vicious looking to boot..def the " monster " in Tyrannosaurus.

CityRaptor

Yep. Together with the others, you pretty much get the atmosphere of an old Dinosaur Movie.  Which some of those are probably based on.
The Rex seems to be more inspired by Knight, however.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 20, 2012, 10:14:03 PM
Yep. Together with the others, you pretty much get the atmosphere of an old Dinosaur Movie.  Which some of those are probably based on.
The Rex seems to be more inspired by Knight, however.

I really like the older retro looking Dinos a lot . It could be..I think they based the Rex in Planet of the Dinosaurs and The Last Dinosaur a bit on this model..or vice versa.

Megalosaurus

Awesome Rex Blade-of-the-Moon.
I'd like you to make a Retro Diorama someday.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Horridus

New Collecta T. rex turned up today (with prey). It's...not too great. Will post a photo or two in due course, and will review at some point...unless someone else gets there first.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Takama

I got Jurassic park the game, for 360 today.

Basically an interactive part of the story. Complete with even more ridiculous spitters   :P

quote from the game. "I'm going to smell like a dead fat man for weeks"

Jetoar

The last weekend, I bought a lot of Jurassic Park.

Tyrannosaurus Rex, Stegosaurus, Coelophisys, and Dimetrodon for 26,40 euros, are very cheap an they are very well  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Seijun

I have that stegosaur, it reminds me of a sock puppet.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Megalosaurus on June 21, 2012, 06:23:46 PM
Awesome Rex Blade-of-the-Moon.
I'd like you to make a Retro Diorama someday.

Now there's an idea.. ;)

I will be taking pics of this one once done.. ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: