News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I decided to buy the Kinto Favorite Iguanodon resin, because it one of the few quadruped depictions of Iguanodon, and also because of another reason ;)
The front feet in particular are well sculpted. The only thing I think could be improved is the tail thickness :)

This is the other reason XD It goes really well with the two Oldies (also made by Favorite) as the third and final interpretation in the line. Here it is meeting its Oldie cousins  ;D

Jetoar

Quote from: Seijun on June 21, 2012, 11:35:34 PM
I have that stegosaur, it reminds me of a sock puppet.

Yes  ^-^. It only needs the hole  ;D.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

cordylus

Recieved my mastodonsaurus and papo baby rex in the mail today - both are fantastic! If anybody is on the fence about either of these, go for them. The baby rex is the cutest little $%(&$ ever, and the mastodonsaurus is just full of awesomeness. I might even get a second one. Or third  :-[ Now, if only schleich will follow in the steps of bullyland and release all their old, good figures (not that I don't have them already - but I really want other people to actually own schleich figures they like!  ;) ).

Now to get the papo running rex and the bully deinotherium!

Ikessauro

After a long time without new acquisitions I got the Brown Papo Running T.rex today in the mail. ;D

Seijun

Who is carrying the brown version? I wouldn't mind getting one.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Quote from: Seijun on June 23, 2012, 12:35:04 AM

Master mind toys in Canada.

Plus any retailer in France.

I would die for a chance to get my hands on one of those

Ikessauro

Quote from: Takama on June 23, 2012, 01:45:26 AM
Quote from: Seijun on June 23, 2012, 12:35:04 AM

Master mind toys in Canada.

Plus any retailer in France.

I would die for a chance to get my hands on one of those

Mine came from France
I asked Christophe to get me one. Finally is arrived, after months of delay, because it got kinda lost in the mail. I bought it last year and only got it about 7 months later! The wait was worth it. 8)

Seijun

What is the story behind the brown version?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Seijun on June 23, 2012, 04:03:42 AM

I don't think there's much of a story behind it. Maybe you remember that it was the first version of the rex to show up. A canadian member in here found it on a store and bought it, then posted the pics. We all tought it would be the standard color for the new rex. Then someone in France, I think it was Christophe himself, bought one too in a local shop. Sometime later a friend of mine told me that the new running rex was going to be green and the old one was to be repainted. She heard it from a seller from who she buys dinos to resell here in Brazil. By the way I think that was the first time we heard abot the brachio too, I remember posting the news in here, which back then were in rumor status.

Someone found a Canadian website, the one mentioned above, but I don't remember why people didn't buy it. I guess they didn't ship worldwide. Soon after the green one being confirmed the news among sellers was that is was a exclusive variation for Europe and Canada; Then everyone got the green one, I don't know why no one from the forum tried to get this. If one did, forgot to or didn't wanna tell us. I tought it being a exclusive could soon become rare and expensive, so I managed to grab one as soon as I could. That's all I know about the brown version, if someone else knows more, please tell me too. Maybe in the future Papo will release it worldwide, who knows.

Seijun

I didnt buy from the canadian website because I didnt know it existed. I cant find the running rex listed there.

Blade-of-the-Moon

My Kaiyodo Allos came in today !

I think I prefer the yellow/brown over the green but they kinda look like a male/female pair.. lol

sauroid

wow Blade they are awesome. what are they made of?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

I like these Kaiyodo Allosaurus---what scale? 1/40?

Seijun

Which color do you prefer between the two allos?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 23, 2012, 04:22:40 AM
Quote from: Seijun on June 23, 2012, 04:03:42 AM

...Then everyone got the green one, I don't know why no one from the forum tried to get this. If one did, forgot to or didn't wanna tell us. I tought it being a exclusive could soon become rare and expensive, so I managed to grab one as soon as I could. That's all I know about the brown version, if someone else knows more, please tell me too. Maybe in the future Papo will release it worldwide, who knows.

I can see the Brown Running T-rex increasing in value, although I can also envision a scenario where Papo releases the Brown Running T-rex "officially" (worldwide) in 2013 or 2014 (2014 if Papo chooses to retire the Green Running T-rex). Keep in mind that the Green  Running T-rex has been selling out within 24 hours of any retailer receiving them. It is still selling out at a brisk pace with sales that will  most probably reach a plateau (essentially stabilizing, sales meeting demand) by August or September. If a Brown Running T-rex is advertised, it will probably sell out within a half hour, although it is also price dependent.

...I wonder if Papo is planning on releasing a new sculpt of the Spinosaurus....

tanystropheus

Quote from: Seijun on June 23, 2012, 05:35:42 AM

I think the yellow-brown Allosaurus appears a bit more distinctive, but they look really nice as a pair.

sauroid

i just hope that the dino figure collecting scene does not get contaminated by toy prospectors/businessmen who manipulate the value of a toy in the market.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 23, 2012, 05:24:35 AM
I like these Kaiyodo Allosaurus---what scale? 1/40?

I think they are 1/24...really it's almost 1/15 ..maybe 1/20 in my opinion.

Quote from: sauroid on June 23, 2012, 04:57:35 AM
wow Blade they are awesome. what are they made of?

Vinyl :)

Quote from: Seijun on June 23, 2012, 05:35:42 AM

As   I mentioned at the end of my post  I do prefer the brown/yellow one more..but they work really well as a pair.  As Tanystropheus also noted.

I'll get more pics tomorrow of them..hopefully outdoors.  :))

Roselaar

Just found a loose Playmobil Pteranodon for 50 cts at a recycle store.

Paleona

Wait... what's that lurking in the trees... could it be???

Yes, it is!  Chinasaurus Rex!

I was at Target this afternoon, and couldn't pass up this happy little Tyrannosaurus.  He was sitting in a bargain bin with a rather frightening "Velociraptor" and a rather dull looking Stegosaurus.  He's made out of a softer plastic and was very cheap.  With a little help you can get him to stand on two feet- he has a tendency to tip back onto his tail to rest, though.  Not exactly high quality by any means, but I rather like him.  :) (foliage not included)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: