You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 24, 2015, 04:30:16 AM
Quote from: SBell on August 24, 2015, 03:11:23 AM
Quote from: Arul on August 24, 2015, 02:03:35 AM
Very nice SBell, love that death adder and the mosasaur  ^-^ and wait, is that a tardigrade/water bear ? On the top of arapaima, the brown one

I really like the mosasaur. It's too small to see, but it actually has a forked tongue!

And yes, that is indeed a tardigrade (Echiniscus japonica to be exact. It is one of three water bears that I have, and they are all hilarious and awesome--I don't do much with inverts, but for tardigrades and mantis shrimp, I make exceptions!

And mole crickets, and pill millipedes (or is that a woodlouse?), and earwigs...

I like that ray a lot...torpedo ray?

It's a woodlouse--they came as part of the set (Soil Organisms). Pretty much the only way I normally end up with inverts is complete sets that have them!

And yes, it's a Torpedo Ray, from the Animal Kaiser card/toy set (in Japan, of course). It's a Trapezoid torpedo ray Torpedo tokionis to be exact--the set is weird, but the animals are named right down to the species (there is also a Velez skate Raja velezi!). Other models are just plain weird.

Arul

Hahaha i love your colletion ! You also have a mole crickets here we call it ground dog  :D

docronnie

Super Awesome hauls everyone!!!  :)

Not much on this side though.

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Silvanusaurus

These bad boys came in the post the other day, an assortment of Resaurus Carnage:

My two favourites:

The stegosaurus' body seems to be made of a much denser soft material than the others, It feels and looks very solid and meaty, which I really like. Despite obvious inaccuracies I also really love the menacing stare of the Giganotosaurus. The articulation on them is great in theory but a bit frustrating in practice, I'm still really happy with the set overall. I'd like to track down the protoceratops at some point.

In addition I just got this obscure little fellow:

I'm not sure what company made it as the text on the box he came in is mostly japanese but it does say 'UMA'. I didn't know there were any figures of the dinosauroid thing before i spotted this, and I couldn't resist getting it at the low price. I've always found the concept quite unsettling and I find obscurities of scientific speculation such as this really interesting, so it's a cool addition to my collection.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on August 24, 2015, 12:51:55 PM
I'm not sure what company made it as the text on the box he came in is mostly japanese but it does say 'UMA'. I didn't know there were any figures of the dinosauroid thing before i spotted this, and I couldn't resist getting it at the low price. I've always found the concept quite unsettling and I find obscurities of scientific speculation such as this really interesting, so it's a cool addition to my collection.

Maybe it's from the set this guy comes from: http://www.clawmarktoys.com/shop/weird-stuffcryptozoology/uma-mystery-2002-cryptid-chupacabras-figure-no-box/

tyrantqueen

I have the UMA Flatwoods Monster...at least I think it's by UMA.

Battatitan

Great new acquisitions everyone!  :D

So it's been a while since my last delivery through the post but I finally got some new figures. Thought I'd better hurry up about the Carnegie collection now the models have gone the same way as the species they represent :(

Really impressed with the marine reptiles, so much character in the ichthyosaur and even the poor cephalopod too!
Many thanks to EverythingDinosaur for their excellent service and quick delivery  ^-^

joossa

Silvanusaurus, that last figure reminds me of a reptoid from a "What would happen if dinosaurs didn't go extinct documentary" from the History Channel. :)

Quote from: SBell on August 24, 2015, 03:11:23 AM
Quote from: Arul on August 24, 2015, 02:03:35 AM
It is one of three water bears that I have

Don't you mean sea bears? ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Patrx

Quote from: joossa on August 25, 2015, 07:53:17 PM
Silvanusaurus, that last figure reminds me of a reptoid from a "What would happen if dinosaurs didn't go extinct documentary" from the History Channel. :)

I believe that's precisely what it represents! The good ol' Dale Russel "Dinosauroid". Awfully convergent, but the underlying concept is worth speculating about.

tyrantqueen

Kill the dinosauroid with fire.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: joossa on August 25, 2015, 07:53:17 PM

Yes thats it, but this one I've got seems to have put on a bit of weight, which I'd have to say is a good thing. Even that 'normal' troodon is quite disturbing. 

Tyto_Theropod

Heck, the dinosauroid! That thing used to give me nightmares as kid! Looking at it as an adult, I find the whole thing eye-roll worthy. To me at least, the only feasible-looking part is the head.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

suspsy

Michael's Arts and Crafts used to only sell a very limited selection of outdated Wild Safari dinosaurs, but this week I came across some new ones. Snagged these two for 40% off each. Yay coupons!

There was also the Vagaceratops, which I already own, and the Apatosaurus, which I'll probably pick up next week. Again for 40% off! :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Nice! I saw the Dartmouth Crossing Michael's the other day had expanded their Safari shelves, but didn't have any new stock in.

Doug Watson

Quote from: suspsy on August 28, 2015, 01:56:27 PM
Michael's Arts and Crafts used to only sell a very limited selection of outdated Wild Safari dinosaurs, but this week I came across some new ones. Snagged these two for 40% off each. Yay coupons!
There was also the Vagaceratops, which I already own, and the Apatosaurus, which I'll probably pick up next week. Again for 40% off! :)

Hey, pay full price I have a family to feed! Just kidding  ;D, glad to hear it the Michaels in my area hardly ever have any of my dinos  :( and they won't order in anything other than a $500 order.

stargatedalek

My local ones only just got the toobs from the last few years in stock a few months ago (after nothing new since 2008!). Exciting to think about what they might be bringing in! I love dinosaurs, but my heart really lies in the IC line ;)

suspsy

Sorry, Doug, you'll just have to have hamburger patties instead of roast beef on Sunday! :D
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: suspsy on August 28, 2015, 03:09:06 PM
Sorry, Doug, you'll just have to have hamburger patties instead of roast beef on Sunday! :D

I'd like to make one thing quite clear here; Hamburger beats all!!!  :) 8) (I figured it was my duty as an American, to set the record straight)

I hope my Michaels gets the 2015 models soon, I really like the Nasutoceratops.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Gwangi

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on August 28, 2015, 05:12:48 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 28, 2015, 03:09:06 PM

I'd like to make one thing quite clear here; Hamburger beats all!!!  :) 8) (I figured it was my duty as an American, to set the record straight)

I hope my Michaels gets the 2015 models soon, I really like the Nasutoceratops.

My Michael's (and AC Moore) both seem to lag behind on the Safari models, getting models from last year just as the ones for this year are being released. I'm not sure why that it. It seems counterproductive to carry a brand and not keep the stock up to date. That said, most of my Safari collection comes from those two stores so I can't complain. At least SOMEONE has Safari dinosaurs in stock.

amargasaurus cazaui

I wound up getting a set of three each of the Nasutoceratops and Sauropelta, one set to keep factory normal, one set I had signed and another set, yes I sent them to Martin for paint and a base. I am excited to see how they progress...but I will offer that Marilyn and Martin did comment they found the models were quite nice.......a bit of praise to the sculpter !!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: