You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Okay then, here's a few more pics of the Spino trio:

The swimming Spinosaur has its right arm raised more so than in the stock pics, probably for stability reasons.

suspsy

Quote from: Concavenator on October 31, 2015, 03:01:44 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 31, 2015, 02:39:26 PM
I'm not interested in acquiring the Deluxe, but I would still like to see some pics, please.
Don't you like it?

It looks great, but I already have Paddles and Waddles. I really don't need Waddles Sr.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

The three Spinosaurus look great.

Spinosaurus deluxe Collecta is more realistic in terms of your paint other figures of dinosaurs of the same brand.

Particularly I like the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals are painted in a realistic and at the same time they are not unnatural color

stargatedalek

I wasn't a fan of the crocodilian features when it was announced and I'm even less fond of them now. The vertebrae are also extremely shrinkwrapped. The forward section should be a sloped ridge like a chameleon, thicker at the bottom near the back and narrowing over the top. Whereas the section over the hips displaying thicker columns should be a near uniform thickness as it goes up, more like a hump. And even the JP/// Spinosaurus didn't spider web between the columns. Alas, these are by far the most accurate Spinosaurus on the market and I will probably get the deluxe. I'd have loved to get the swimming one but I just can't unsee that dislocated leg...

Congrats regardless, from a design perspective they are very impressive and interesting figures.

MLMjp

Now I know what was bugging me about it, the green airbrush on the deluxe Spinosaurus. It lacks some contrast with the rest of the"ochre" body.
Still
As I said like a hundred times, I´m going to get that big guy no matter what

Shadowknight1

I think the Deluxe Spino looks great.  How big is it compared to, say, a Papo running Rex?

Also, no pics, but I'm now a member of the "I own a Primeval Raptor" club lol.  Sadly, mine has really, REALLY loose joints, especially in the legs.  It refuses to stand unless it pulls a Wild Safari Velociraptor pose and drags a hand on the ground.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

MLMjp

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on October 31, 2015, 07:42:15 PM
I think the Deluxe Spino looks great.  How big is it compared to, say, a Papo running Rex?
Yes please, I also want to see a comparison of those two

stargatedalek

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on October 31, 2015, 07:42:15 PM

Also, no pics, but I'm now a member of the "I own a Primeval Raptor" club lol.  Sadly, mine has really, REALLY loose joints, especially in the legs.  It refuses to stand unless it pulls a Wild Safari Velociraptor pose and drags a hand on the ground.
I had to tighten one leg on mine, you need to be really careful but a drop of crazy glue onto the ball joint followed by moving it constantly for a few minutes so it wont set in place works wonders.

MLMjp

My aunt went to japan two weeks ago
And she brought me this guys :) :) :

I asked her to bring me a few more... but she said that they were too heavy to carry on :-\

UK

Feast your eye on this beauty.

The pinnacle of my collection.

Seriously what possessed them

SBell

Quote from: UK on October 31, 2015, 11:29:23 PM
Feast your eye on this beauty.

The pinnacle of my collection.

Seriously what possessed them

Someone bought it so...? ;) We all have a few regrettable figures!

Dinomike

@Roselaar: Where did you get the Spinosauruses - I'm not finding anyone selling these yet...Congrats on getting them!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Dinomike on November 01, 2015, 10:06:21 AM
@Roselaar: Where did you get the Spinosauruses - I'm not finding anyone selling these yet...Congrats on getting them!

MiniZoo Australia:

http://www.minizoo.com.au/products/Spinosaurus-1%3A40-Scale.html

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

Per request, a pic with the Papo Running T-Rex (bit blurrier than I had hoped for, but you get the gist of things):

Papo Rex stands taller and is heavier, but the Spino is longer. Both have poseable jaws, but Collecta hasn't mastered that art as well as Papo has yet.

MLMjp

Quote from: Roselaar on November 01, 2015, 12:19:24 PM
Per request, a pic with the Papo Running T-Rex (bit blurrier than I had hoped for, but you get the gist of things):

Papo Rex stands taller and is heavier, but the Spino is longer. Both have poseable jaws, but Collecta hasn't mastered that art as well as Papo has yet.

Is is PERFECT!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mr. Challenger

Roselaar

Quote from: Mr. Challenger on November 01, 2015, 02:37:05 PM

Those spinosaurus are screaming "REPAINT ME" in my opinion.

Why, because they all have the same colouration? I kinda like such consistency. And I don't think these colours are so offputting. But they would make for great custom material. I look forward to see what people can do with them here.

Also, the two smaller Spinosaurs are bigger than most standardly sized Collectasaurs. I was also pleasantly surprised by that.

RobinGoodfellow

..some Collecta, Papo, Bullyland and a Diplocaulus by Vitaly Klatt for Urtzeitshop...

Have a nice day   :)

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Mr. Challenger on November 01, 2015, 02:37:05 PM

Those spinosaurus are screaming "REPAINT ME" in my opinion.

I can hear it too.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: