You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

My latest haul:
Sega Vignetteum T. rex ( got it for cheap  the packaging got damaged )
Jurassic World on DVD ( came with a store exclusive Poster in A1 size )
Gamera Set ( first issue of Dark Horse Comic, Konami SF Collection Gyaos, Bandai Keshi Gyaos and as a bonus a Futabain Zyudenchi )

The poster:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

that Gyaos figure looks so cool
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Thank you.
I might not collect Kaiju in big style anymore, limiting myself mainly to Sakai Diormas, but I still collect small Kaiju figures I consider nice.
Oh no

sauroid

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 01, 2015, 09:53:26 PM
Thank you.
I might not collect Kaiju in big style anymore, limiting myself mainly to Sakai Diormas, but I still collect small Kaiju figures I consider nice.
have you seen the 2017 Gamera trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SwBp7E3kMc
the horde of Gyaos! (the SFX is not as good as PacRim/Legendary Pictures Godzilla)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Yep. Gyaos swarms seem to be a thing ever since the Heisei Era.
Oh no

Mr. Challenger

QuoteWhy, because they all have the same colouration? I kinda like such consistency. And I don't think these colours are so offputting. But they would make for great custom material. I look forward to see what people can do with them here.

Also, the two smaller Spinosaurs are bigger than most standardly sized Collectasaurs. I was also pleasantly surprised by that.

Well, I don't like the colors, the green and the yellow are too pale and there isn't contrast between them. I prefer more naturalistic paint works.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 29, 2015, 09:40:13 PM
Did you get the Deluxe Spino from Urzeitshop? I ordered mine from Dan and I'm still waiting...
As far as I know,the new SpinosauruS aren't in stock in that site.And seems you'll have to wait for a little long too.The newest I have read of says the Feathered Tyrannosaurus and the Spinos will be arriving the USA on November 31st,although they will be released in December.

sauroid

Quote from: Concavenator on November 02, 2015, 05:37:30 PM
Did you get the Deluxe Spino from Urzeitshop? I ordered mine from Dan and I'm still waiting...
As far as I know,the new SpinosauruS aren't in stock in that site.And seems you'll have to wait for a little long too.The newest I have read of says the Feathered Tyrannosaurus and the Spinos will be arriving the USA on November 31st,although they will be released in December.
there's a November 31st?!  :o

MLMjp

Quote from: sauroid on November 02, 2015, 06:54:25 PM
OH MY!!! It will never come out !:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

PaleoMatt

Halichoeres

Quote from: MLMjp on November 02, 2015, 06:58:53 PM
Quote from: sauroid on November 02, 2015, 06:54:25 PM
OH MY!!! It will never come out !:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hilarious! The 2016 models will be released the 1st of Octember.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Raptoress

I recently got some Good Dinosaur toys, the figurine gift set from the Disney store in Cardiff and the Bubbha Velociraptor action figure. TOMY wise I got the Young Arlo and Sam figures. Also went to TK Maxx and found the BIG grey Schleich Apatosaurus for only £7!

Dinomike

Love that poster Cityraptor!

Everyone looking for the new Spinosauruses by CollectA: the only place that is currently selling these is Minizoo in Australia. Don't know why nobody else has these...
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

CityRaptor

Thanks. Sadly the posted came folded. So it does not look as nice as the pic shown, but still very nice.

Quote from: Raptoress on November 02, 2015, 08:23:03 PM
I recently got some Good Dinosaur toys, the figurine gift set from the Disney store in Cardiff and the Bubbha Velociraptor action figure. TOMY wise I got the Young Arlo and Sam figures. Also went to TK Maxx and found the BIG grey Schleich Apatosaurus for only £7!

Oh, that is a nice price for the big grey Apato. I also think that is the best part of your haul.
Oh no

dutchdinolover

Already over a year in my possesion, but i like to shere this:

Spring Haul

And last but not least, my newest acquisitions:

Big thanks to Amargasaurus cazaui for helping me out!

dutchdinolover

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Raptoress

Oh, that is a nice price for the big grey Apato. I also think that is the best part of your haul.
[/quote]

Thanks! In great condition, too!

dutchdinolover

Are these FaunaCasts figures?
[/quote]

Yes they are :))

Halichoeres

Quote from: dutchdinolover on November 02, 2015, 09:40:38 PM

Are these FaunaCasts figures?

Yes they are :))
[/quote]

So jealous. I started in the hobby after the FaunaCasts era, there are a few I wish I'd had the chance to pick up.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: