You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: suspsy on May 04, 2016, 06:55:11 PM
The DTB needs more reviews of these toys. At present, there's only the Styracosaurus and the Giganotosaurus.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Roselaar

Visited one of my regular dinosaur addresses in Amsterdam and to my surprise, I stumbled on a new batch of old (and retired) but brand spanking new Bullyland figures. Bought these:

Anchitherium and Chalicotherium will be for sale/trade. I can also get more Paratypothorax and Andrewsarchus (not pictured).

Flaffy

Quote from: Roselaar on May 11, 2016, 01:45:38 PM
Visited one of my regular dinosaur addresses in Amsterdam and to my surprise, I stumbled on a new batch of old (and retired) but brand spanking new Bullyland figures. Bought these:

Anchitherium and Chalicotherium will be for sale/trade. I can also get more Paratypothorax and Andrewsarchus (not pictured).
Congrats!  :))

Silvanusaurus

Wow, I had no idea those prehistoric horse and cat figures (too lazy to recall the names) were so small!

SBell

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 12, 2016, 12:42:19 AM
Wow, I had no idea those prehistoric horse and cat figures (too lazy to recall the names) were so small!

All of the original Bully mammals were to scale--I want to say 1:20 or so--so some, like the Anchitherium, were going to be pretty smal, if for no other reason than the Deinotherium and megatherium had to be somewhat manageable in size!

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

LophoLeeVT

i managed to find nearly ALL the coca aola jp3 dinosaurs in a bundle at a flea store not so long ago.(trex excluded) lucky me!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Silvanusaurus

THUNDER BEASTS!!!
I won the group as a lot (including a pachy and stego (who's missing a leg), which I already have) and the boxed raptor separately. I adore the velociraptors, they are so huge and bizarre! As I have duplicates of Pachy, Stego and Velociraptor, I am going to sell them on. If anyone here is interested in them, let me know, or I may start a trading thread of my own.

Roselaar

Wow, that TB Raptor (?) sure looks grumpy. :)

RobinGoodfellow

Today in the mail:

..sorry for the poor quality of the picture but it's from my iPad.
You'll see better pictures of them soon on my collection thread...  ;)

See you soon
:)

p.s : Recur Majungasaurus is a free gift...

Flaffy

Nice haul! ^-^ Can't wait for clearer images! ;D

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 17, 2016, 02:06:45 PM
Today in the mail:

See you soon

Nice haul!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Archinto

Very nice haul! Im eager to see your protoceratops a little closer, the coloration looks slightly different than mine on the head. Very neat!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Archinto on May 17, 2016, 07:50:58 PM
Very nice haul! Im eager to see your protoceratops a little closer, the coloration looks slightly different than mine on the head. Very neat!

...it's a Toyway (Made in China, of course..). I found the two in UK for 10£ each. New, mint in box.

Archinto

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 16, 2016, 05:51:50 PM

THUNDER BEASTS!!!
I won the group as a lot (including a pachy and stego (who's missing a leg), which I already have) and the boxed raptor separately. I adore the velociraptors, they are so huge and bizarre! As I have duplicates of Pachy, Stego and Velociraptor, I am going to sell them on. If anyone here is interested in them, let me know, or I may start a trading thread of my own.

We need to talk thunder beasts. Ill send u a pm i have duplicates you might want. Boxed stuff.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Silvanusaurus

Today in the mail:

See you soon

What's the Recur like in the flesh?

Roselaar

Today in the mail:

See you soon

Very nice batch! Any chance of a close-up of that Liopleurodon? :)

RobinGoodfellow

Yes guys, you'll find close-up pictures of all figures on my collection thread soon..  ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 17, 2016, 09:10:34 PM
Today in the mail:

See you soon

What's the Recur like in the flesh?

..well, I'm not a Recur fan.
This Majungasaurus is a gift.
It is a quite decent  figure, better than the newest Schleichs.
The main problem about Recur (to me) is the design: they are made for young children not for collectors.
Recur's figures have hollow body made by soft plastic (you can easily squeeze the soft body): perfect for babies..
They look quite goofy and ugly to me.
There are some exceptions : Majungasaurus, Ouranosaurus, Smilodon, Brachiosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus ....
Probably I'll buy the last ones (and the modern marine creatures) but it depends on retail price.
But I really don't like the rest of the prehistoric line.
I'll post close-up pictures of Majungasaurus on my collection thread soon:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157668224836602

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: