You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleona

Long time no post!  Warm weather always puts me in the mood for dinosaurs~  :))

I found this treasure at a local used book store; it's from 1976 and has some pretty nice retro artwork, including a ridiculous salivating T.rex (not pictured).
Also finally bought the Safari Sauropelta!  He's been on my wish list for a long time now, and he really is stunning. <3

suspsy

Nice to see you again, Paleona! Anytime you wish to submit another one of your excellent toy reviews, please do!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Paleona

Hi suspsy, hope you've been well!  I'll dig around through my stuff, and hopefully get something written up soon-ish. :)

suspsy

Very well, thanks. Counting down to Review #100. :)

CityRaptor

Latest haul

From a Japanese Seller:
Happinet Lambeosaurus
Safari Authentics Brachiosaurus Keychain
Takara Tomy Sinoceratops ( no base. I originally did not know what it was, but it looked interesting enough to get my attention. )
Bandai Keshi Rodan

Tiny Perfect Dinosaur Stegosaurus...I guess it is obvious what's missing...

Scaphognathus postcard from the Goldfuß Museum

Not pictured:
"Bycatch" from Japan ( all non prehistoric mammalian and whatever Darth Maul is )
2 magazines with articles about Dinosaurs ( sadly not frontpage )
A short history of the Goldfuß Museum

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pilkington

My very small recent haul:

Quote from: Archinto on May 31, 2016, 04:33:01 AM
My mom is the best most awesome mom EVAR! Look what she found for me for $40.00 at a yard sale.... Everything here aside from the indominus Rex which I got in a huge group of toys all for $5. It's all the lost world stuff I never had aside from a few of the Dino's. If anyone has a lab table for the battle ravaged allosaurus set, I need one. I think I have all the rest of its parts and all the little bits n blood tank. There was also a small Draco figure from dragon heart and all seven original 8" power rangers figures in with them.

Mega JP Haul! by Archinto, on Flickr

Sounds like you would have loved my yard sale about 2 weeks ago, when I finally sold off what was left of my Jurassic Park collection.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Roselaar

Got in a big box of dinosaurs this week, thanks to Everything Dinosaur:

Close-up of the Battats. The Parasaurolophus is gorgeous, the other two are just fine.

Close-up of the Rebor babies. Very cute! Stegosaurus is more than a little reminiscent of the Bullyland figure in terms of paint job.

Dead Trike integrated with Rebor T-Rex. Excellent pair! But poor lighting.

Dead Tenontosaurus integrated with Rebor Acrocanthosaurus. Also a great set! Rather gory and detailed.

As for the Collectasaurs, Beishanlong is a good contender for Best 2016 Figure. The Metriacanthosaurus is a good addition to the long list of obscure Collectasaurus, but nothing special.

The Bullyland Liopleurodon is cute, but not very accurate. Pose is more dynamic than I expected. A good Bully figure.

The Paposaurs Running T-Rex repaint is okay, nice consistency with last year's TRU exclusive Rex repaint. The green raptor sports a very disappointing paint job. Basically the same scheme as the original Raptor, just with dark green instead of brown. Only recommended for those who don't own this sculpt yet and/or completist collectors.

suspsy

Wow, that's one helluva haul!

Megalosaurus

Amazing additions Roselaar.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

amargasaurus cazaui

A few might remember about a year ago, my parents were traveling through Colorado and stopped at a rock shop in Canon city and my brother chose me a large Vert from a pallet of dinosaur bones they had offered for sale at reasonable prices. I was given the piece as an early christmas present and was able to get it promptly confirmed by a leading paleontologist as the rearmost sacral vert from a large diplodocoid, exact species unknown. Today I recieved the big boy in these pictures to keep the vert company on the shelf, some of you may recognize it !
It really demonstrates the size of the Battat piece when you realize the centrum of this vert is 24 pounds and some change and the Battat still manages to dwarf the fossil.

Thanks Halicheroes !
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Kovu

Congrats on the Battat and the vert Amarga! I maintain that the Battat Diplodocus is one of the best figures ever made by any company, excellent addition to any collection.

suspsy

Given the Diplodocus' sheer size, I wonder if Target will even be willing to carry it in their stores IF Battat decides to actually rerelease it!

amargasaurus cazaui

Find myself agreeing with Suspsy's appraisal there...thats one huge dinosaur and if and when they release it, how much will it cost and so forth? I had not understood its sheer size until today, but yeah its big.Things that make you go hmmmm.....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Kovu

Well, I got mine back in 1999/2000 and it was around $22. Saw it at the toy store and saved up my allowance for like three months!

Flaffy

Speaking of Battat, do we have any news about the new/repainted figures?
It's been a while...

Archinto

Quote from: Pilkington on June 03, 2016, 06:05:30 AM
My very small recent haul:

Quote from: Archinto on May 31, 2016, 04:33:01 AM
My mom is the best most awesome mom EVAR! Look what she found for me for $40.00 at a yard sale.... Everything here aside from the indominus Rex which I got in a huge group of toys all for $5. It's all the lost world stuff I never had aside from a few of the Dino's. If anyone has a lab table for the battle ravaged allosaurus set, I need one. I think I have all the rest of its parts and all the little bits n blood tank. There was also a small Draco figure from dragon heart and all seven original 8" power rangers figures in with them.

Mega JP Haul! by Archinto, on Flickr

Sounds like you would have loved my yard sale about 2 weeks ago, when I finally sold off what was left of my Jurassic Park collection.

Thatd've been schweet! Im sure Idda picked em all up if I was there haha! I want to finish out my series 2 JP stuff. I was not able to get the dinos as a kid because all the stores sold out before my mom could get them for me for my birthday back in the day. The shipments to alaska were incredibly limited :( So, looking for the three biggies (Carno, Quetz and young rex Complete please) as well as the trackers set with the estemmenosuchus. I've already found all the smaller ones and have most if not all of the series 2 figures.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Pilkington

Quote from: Archinto on June 05, 2016, 04:06:28 AM
Thatd've been schweet! Im sure Idda picked em all up if I was there haha! I want to finish out my series 2 JP stuff. I was not able to get the dinos as a kid because all the stores sold out before my mom could get them for me for my birthday back in the day. The shipments to alaska were incredibly limited :( So, looking for the three biggies (Carno, Quetz and young rex Complete please) as well as the trackers set with the estemmenosuchus. I've already found all the smaller ones and have most if not all of the series 2 figures.

Yeah, the series 2 stuff was harder to find around here too.  I had a couple of the Carno and the Quetz but they were some of the first things to go when I started selling off my JP collection in 2010 to help pay for Vet bills for my pets.  The yard sale stuff was mostly the more common stuff from the first 3 movies and some vehicles.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

suspsy

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 05, 2016, 03:10:43 AM
Find myself agreeing with Suspsy's appraisal there...thats one huge dinosaur and if and when they release it, how much will it cost and so forth? I had not understood its sheer size until today, but yeah its big.Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Well, from what I know about end cap toys, which the Battats are, stores will sometimes pass on large items if they feel that they'll just take up too much space and not sell well. And the Diplodocus would definitely require a fairly large box.

Hopefully my fears are unwarranted!

sauroid

some stuff i got during the past couple of months
an excellent non dinosaur prehistoric reptiles book from the 90s

Safari good luck mini Brach

some Battats

Favorite Collection megasofubi GWS/Megalodon

Mojo Fun mini Mammoth (and with the K Mammoth)

SEGA dinosaur king large /hollow and the minis

Safari Ltd prehistoric sharks and prehistoric sealife toobs

Papo Oviraptor
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: