You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daspletodave

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on June 14, 2016, 03:28:24 AM
Thanks for the images ;D
Are there any places/sources where I can find the paint variant Deinonychus?

Brett should be able to get it for you. Although discontinued, the original series Favorite dinos were still being sold on the Favorite webstore. The Green Deinonychus was only available in the Dinosaur Soft Model Set "B", which came in a box along with the green T-Rex, the Allosaurus, Stego, Styracosaurus, and Apatosaurus.
Good luck

Roselaar

Found myself this beauty today (the dinosaur, not the other figure):

CityRaptor

Well, only the Dinosaur is a thing of beauty anways.  ;D

More books than toys:

Got the books by Debus in a good used condition for a good price. Not the insane prices one finds on online sites....
The other book is a german release of Charig's "A New Look at the Dinosaur". It was released several times. This seems to be the most current one, released in 1993 in attempt to capitalize on Jurassic Park. Pretty good condition for paperback that old.
And finally, one of those classic Dinosaur figures from Germany, the Marolin Monoclonius ( which is smaller, but also more solid than I thought. I expected a larger, hollow figure )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

docronnie

Congrats everyone on your awesome hauls!  Happy Father's Day as well, to all the great dads out there! :)

A few only ....

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Psychopage No. 021b - 2001 

Schleich Mini Pentaceratops - 2015 

Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. Dino Kingdom 2012 Secret Figure Yutyrannus hualiy 

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Got lucky at a flea market today:

I was also confronted with the most awesomely old and retro "scientifically accurate" work of paleontological writing (circa 1900) I've ever seen, but it was sadly not for sale. Hope to track it down at an antique book shop...

stargatedalek

The other day I bought a third (yes third) Squawkers McCaw/Macaw with the hope of hacking/reprogramming it as a summer project. No luck on that yet, but in the meantime I skinned it (and repainted some of the parts to look more like a robotic parrot, rather than like the insides of a robotic parrot).

And just a few minutes ago one of my two (the other was Saurian early access) grading gifts for myself arrived. The largest AAA moray eel is about 50cm long along the spine.

Triceratops77

I'm a long time Dino fan but getting back into collecting the figures again. The Schleich is one I just got, and the Invicta is one I have had forever..  That other old school yellow stegosaurus is another one I found in the same toybox.
The last two are old but kinda new to me again. I also just ordered the newer Papo Styracosaurus.

docronnie

Quote from: Triceratops77 on June 20, 2016, 09:15:46 PM
I'm a long time Dino fan but getting back into collecting the figures again. The Schleich is one I just got, and the Invicta is one I have had forever..  That other old school yellow stegosaurus is another one I found in the same toybox.
The last two are old but kinda new to me again. I also just ordered the newer Papo Styracosaurus.

Congrats on picking up the Schleich Triceratops!  It was the first dino figure I bought for my collection in 2012.  ^-^
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Triceratops77

Triceratops77

Just got this one in the mail. I really like the attention to detail but wish it was a tad bigger.

Roselaar

Tracked down this lovely antique book on natural history for a surprisingly low price. I was confronted with it at a flea market this Sunday, where it was sadly not for sale, but four days later and 18 euros less in my pocket, I got my own copy. Thank you, Internet! :)

It's in Dutch, with the title 'The World before the Creation of Man'. It was published around circa 1900, based on a work by the French author Camille Flammarion. It's fabulously illustrated. There's many a wonderful rendering of some prehistoric creature in the most absurd reconstruction imaginable. Of course, scientifically it's entirely outdated and totally politically incorrect, not to mention the delightful archaic word use and spelling. But that makes it all the more fun to read. :)

Silvanusaurus

Wow, that book looks incredible! I love antique books.

Everything_Dinosaur

Wow, what a fantastic acquisition, well done you.

Dinomike

A little something I got. I'm super happy about the Dippy. I got reasonably lucky on eBay.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

Great catch! Hope it didn't cost you an arm and leg.

Triceratops77

I came across this while looking up a copy of the book posted above. Though you might find this a bit easier. http://www.gutenberg.org/files/19585/19585-h/19585-h.htm

Dinomike

Quote from: Roselaar on June 25, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

Lol! Had to donate a kidney...!  ;D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dilopho

Quote from: Dinomike on June 26, 2016, 10:40:53 AM

Donate...to who? The Diplodocus?

DinoLord

Quote from: Dilopho on June 26, 2016, 12:31:34 PM
Quote from: Dinomike on June 26, 2016, 10:40:53 AM

Donate...to who? The Diplodocus?
One would think a Diplodocus would need a larger kidney...

Dilopho

Quote from: DinoLord on June 26, 2016, 01:29:03 PM
One would think a Diplodocus would need a larger kidney...

Maybe he's just a kidney collector. He joined a forum called the Kidney Organ Forum, a forum dedicated to the much-loved Kidney Organ Blog, and registered under the name Diplodo.....
...Or maybe that's me in an alternate dimension???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: