You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

EmperorDinobot

In the year of Batman stuff, I'm surprised I managed to acquire some of these. Now I am only missing the Carnage/Resaurus/Toyway Deinonychus. Does anyone have it? I don't need the base, just the figure (though base would be nice).

docronnie

Congrats Boki, Jetoar and Emperor on your new hauls! :-)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Jose S.M.

I got this figures yesterday, the Styracosaurus I have order it like 2 months ago and just came 3 days ago, so I waited until the others arrived to get them at once.

suspsy

Don't own the Styracosaurus, but those are three very good CollectA toys.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

laticauda

My new additions

CollectA Lufengosaurus

2004 Favorite Parasaurolophus

CollectA Acrocanthosaurus

CollectA 2015 Temnodontosaurus

Bullyland 2016 Liopleurodon

suspsy

That Liopleurodon certainly needs a review.

docronnie

That's really a beautiful Parasaurolophus from Favorite.  Congrats on your haul, laticauda! :-)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Keaton64

Acquired these today.  The Jurassic world collectors edition is marked down to around $38 on Amazon right now, if anyone's interested.

Here's the link:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZJ2GL6G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470792443&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=jurassic+world+collectors+edition&dpPl=1&dpID=41WdAO2unuL&ref=plSrch

laticauda

Quote from: docronnie on August 08, 2016, 02:51:52 PM
That's really a beautiful Parasaurolophus from Favorite.  Congrats on your haul, laticauda! :-)
Thank you! This has been on my want list for quite some time, it looks amazing. 

Quote from: suspsy on August 08, 2016, 01:31:23 PM
That Liopleurodon certainly needs a review.
I plan on it, but lot a pressure to get this one right.

suspsy

Here's my most recent acquisitions. The mammoth is from Michael's, and I used one of my handy 40% off coupons to buy it. The rest are from Hobby and Toy Central. The Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus was accidentally sent to me in place of the WS version, but the store was quick to send me the right one when I informed them of the error. I'm always happy with free toys, although I really didn't need yet another theropod for my Carnegie assortment.

empire3569

Quote from: Keaton64 on August 10, 2016, 02:26:06 AM
Acquired these today.  The Jurassic world collectors edition is marked down to around $38 on Amazon right now, if anyone's interested.

Here's the link:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZJ2GL6G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470792443&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=jurassic+world+collectors+edition&dpPl=1&dpID=41WdAO2unuL&ref=plSrch

Thanks for the heads up! I really didn't like the movie, but I wanted that Rexy/I-rex diorama, so I bit the bullet and ordered it :)

Dilopho

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 05, 2016, 11:46:17 AM

In the year of Batman stuff, I'm surprised I managed to acquire some of these. Now I am only missing the Carnage/Resaurus/Toyway Deinonychus. Does anyone have it? I don't need the base, just the figure (though base would be nice).
How can you afford all these?!

Roselaar

Some recent additions, two oldies and a newie. I caved for the Dunk, even though I hesitated strongly about giving Schleich my money. At least I got a discount.

Silvanusaurus

Some relatively recent acquisitions that I am very happy with:

Griffon Life Model T rex

A beautiful Happinet Vinyl T rex (it's almost impossible to get this fellow to stand up, even with various supporting structures propping him up)

They join the Sega to form a trilogy of big, imposing, scaly tyrants:

Two menacingly ridiculous Thunder Beasts; Velociraptor and Ornithosuchus (the latter of which was a holy grail of mine):

An odd bunch of Salvats, of which the postosuchus is the most respectable, but the Tanystropheus is hilarious:

And, something very special; a vintage Merrythought T rex.
'Merrythought' is an old teddy-bear shop based in a local town I'm very fond of, it's a family business that's been going since 1930, their vintage bears and stuffed animals are highly collectible and sought after, but I've never seen or even heard of another one of these rexes before, so i had to get it. It's so big, soft and adorable, and has a very personal resonance for me as an effigy of both my love for the area, where I've lived my whole life, and dinosaurs, which I've loved for just as long:

Nobody told him his forelimbs were supposed to be diminutive.

RobinGoodfellow

@ Silvanusaurus:

The Griffon/Master Fossil Rex is a great but underestimated figure.
It's a shame that Master Fossil never put into production the rest of the line (Carnotaurus, Velociraptor, Diplocaulus, Anomalocaris and Dicranurus).
Congrats on Salvat too (if I'm right, I think you beat me on Ebay about those....  ;) )

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 13, 2016, 10:16:47 PM
@ Silvanusaurus:

The Griffon/Master Fossil Rex is a great but underestimated figure.
It's a shame that Master Fossil never put into production the rest of the line (Carnotaurus, Velociraptor, Diplocaulus, Anomalocaris and Dicranurus).
Congrats on Salvat too (if I'm right, I think you beat me on Ebay about those....  ;) )

Yeah, I would love to have seen more figures from Master Fossil, the T rex may not be anatomically perfect, but it's a really distinct and characterful model, I love the details of the scales, and it really nicely embodies the titanic mass of the animal. I'd have been particularly interested in a Diplocaulus and Carnotaurus.

pylraster

Today's hunt, despite the horrible weather, yielded some good results:

The AAA gecko is my new favorite. And despite its inaccuracies I like this Allosaurus a lot. Even if it doesn't have a movable jaw like its smaller variant.

Derek.McManus

:) My son has that Allosaurs and I think it's a great model...movable jaws are over rated IMHO!

Megalosaurus

That Schleich allosaurus is really nice, I have it too. It was inspired by the "The Ballad of Big Al" show.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: