You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek.McManus

:) Definitely Big Al inspired, we used to watch the dvd together!

docronnie

Excellent haul pylraster!  The weather was too much for me too, but I have a haul as well.  Just can't take photos .... too dark ... ^-^
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Keaton64

I like the mini Indominus Rex pylraster, where did you get it?  Also, these came in the mail today:

The skulls were bigger than I thought they'd be, which is a good thing, and the Carnegie Ankylosaurus is one of my favorites of the species.

pylraster

Quote from: docronnie on August 18, 2016, 01:00:17 AM
Excellent haul pylraster!  The weather was too much for me too, but I have a haul as well.  Just can't take photos .... too dark ... ^-^

Oh I can't wait to see what you've caught Doc. But indeed, not even bad weather can stop us from hunting :)

Keaton, the Indominus a topper for a JW tumbler. It's actually my second one. Just couldn't pass it up. Got it from a friend who's decongesting his house. :)

docronnie

I like that Carnegie Ankylosaurus very much, Keaton.  One of my favorites.  Can't forget that I caught it in my hunts, together with the colorful Favorite Parasaurolophus, which Laticauda just owned.   ;)

Jose S.M.

Congrats for your recent additions everyone!Yesterday I  got the figures that Halichoeres had sent me and the WS Monolophosaurus I got it earlier this week.

Keaton64

I wasted so many trips to target looking for the battat terra para, and the closest one was an hour away.  It was also the last one I needed for the entire set.  So grateful that everything dinosaur got them in stock so I could end my misery.  I did see one at one point, but his leg was twisted pretty badly, and I left it.  Someone else ended up buying it later, and I was anxious opening the box from ED, wondering if it would be the same way.  Thankfully it wasn't. 

Also, not all the new type battat terra rexes stand up; I bought one of the newer ones to have that would stand on its own, but its stability is way worse than the first version due to being so front heavy.  So much worse that it is impossible to stand up at all.

docronnie

What I got recently:

I don't like AAA's anymore but these hatchlings are charming ....

AAA Baby Brachiosaurus 

AAA Baby Allosaurus 

SEGA's with articulations.  The orange one is marked S/S.NBN, while the gray is marked SEGA.2005

Sega Dinosaur King Red Orange Triceratops - 2005 

Sega Dinosaur King Gray Triceratops - 2005 

Carnegie's ... The Stego does not look like it's from 1988.

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Styracosaurus - 2001 

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Stegosaurus - 1988 2 

Kanagawa;  Don't know anything about this, maybe someone could shed some light here.  TIA!  :)

Kanagawa Prefectural Museum of Natural History 

Kaiyodos ..... This is the reason why I don't want to trade.  It's because I'll get them here in the end, even though they're not in great shape.

Kaiyodo The Dinosaur Expo 2005 A T.Rex Named Sue 

Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Yutyrannus - 2013 

Wow! This is huge!!!!  :o

Invicta Brachiosaurus - 1984 

TFL!  ;)

Derek.McManus

I like the Yutyrannus model!  :)

pako

Here is the start of my Papo (Jurassic Park) Collection :

Jose S.M.

Congratulations!  Nice start for your collection!

Keaton64

I also like the design of docronnie's yutyrannus, and the Invicta brach looks great too.  As for the pako's Papo collection, those are most excellent figures to begin with.  You should get one of the Rex babies for a jp lost world recreation / diorama.  On closer inspection, that Lego dude looks pretty happy at having two open-mouthed carnivores directly above him.

docronnie

Thanks Derek and Keaton!  :-)

Congrats on your awesome haul,  pako! :-)

pako

Thanks guys, like your invicta brachiosaurus docronnie ! Haha I know Keaton64 I haven't got a scared lego face yet, makes the scene a bit different hehe, I am planning to get all the paposaurs, little by little ;)

pylraster

While Pylraster would rather actively hunt for the original items, he, like modern lions and hyenas, wouldn't pass up an opportunity to "scavenge" especially when the price is good. :)

Bootleg Rebor Savage. No jaw articulation, but that's fine. I got it for repaint practice.

Derek.McManus

Bootleg Rebor already! Looking forward to seeing your new paint scheme!

SBell

I haven't really had much to put up for a while.

I did, however, recently receive a few new ones from Japan, courtesy of Brett!

Three plecos from Epoch (gold dust, albino and red-eye panaque); I actually ended up wtih two gold-dust plecos.

And, the Lepidotes that was included with the Dino Expo 2016 Real Spinosaurus. Didn't get the dinosaur, happy to have the fish!

I also recently got the Schleich Dunkleosteus. I still like the Safari better, but it's pretty good.

EDIT--I think I got the photos to work now... ???

docronnie

Thanks pako!  :-)

Very nice bootleg pylraster. ... :-)

Can't seem to see your photos, SBell. I don't know why.  :-)

EmperorDinobot

I got myself a Battat Triceratops.

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on August 22, 2016, 03:54:55 AM
Thanks pako!  :-)

Very nice bootleg pylraster. ... :-)

Can't seem to see your photos, SBell. I don't know why.  :-)

I will see what I can do to fix them...I tested them and everything...!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: