You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Congrats on your hauls everyone!  :)

Love your Invictas, Keaton!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Don't you just hate that... you visit a flea market and see a mother arguing for a price over a lot of dinosaurs you really wanted to score yourself. I hate being only just too late and see what I missed...

Oh well, you get some, you loose some. At least I got the WWD Sea Monsters Special compendium book in time for 50 cts.

Flaffy

Quote from: Roselaar on September 11, 2016, 11:49:07 AM
Don't you just hate that... you visit a flea market and see a mother arguing for a price over a lot of dinosaurs you really wanted to score yourself. I hate being only just too late and see what I missed...

Oh well, you get some, you loose some. At least I got the WWD Sea Monsters Special compendium book in time for 50 cts.
Couldn't you have tried to "bid" on the lot? If I were you and saw someone arguing for a ridiculously low price, I would've rushed over and offer a higher/original price.
On the bright side, at least you have flea markets that actually offer the occasional gem or two. In where I live, there's only over-priced schleichs and ugly chinasaurus.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Keaton64 on September 10, 2016, 01:26:15 AM
And finally a purchase that I hope I don't end up financially regretting, the entire unpainted Invicta collection, courtesy of Joseph DeMarco (a name I feel like I've seen here before in another topic):

Joe DeMarco is the author of Dinosauriana - The Compendium Disc. Not to be confused with the Robert Telleria, who wrote a book called Dinosauriana.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 11, 2016, 12:03:04 PM

Couldn't you have tried to "bid" on the lot? If I were you and saw someone arguing for a ridiculously low price, I would've rushed over and offer a higher/original price.
On the bright side, at least you have flea markets that actually offer the occasional gem or two. In where I live, there's only over-priced schleichs and ugly chinasaurus.

I considered it, but it felt inappropriate. It was a mother out for dinosaurs for her son negotiating with another mother out to get a better price for her son. Besides, it was just a bunch of JW figures (which I had already) and an ugly green Schleich T-Rex, so it's not a great loss. But the nagging feeling remains nonetheless.

Flaffy

Quote from: Roselaar on September 11, 2016, 12:37:47 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 11, 2016, 12:03:04 PM

I considered it, but it felt inappropriate. It was a mother out for dinosaurs for her son negotiating with another mother out to get a better price for her son. Besides, it was just a bunch of JW figures (which I had already) and an ugly green Schleich T-Rex, so it's not a great loss. But the nagging feeling remains nonetheless.
Oh, so it was just JW's and Schleichs. JW and Schleich dinosaurs are dead to me.
Well then, it really depends on what the seller is offering, i guess :))

stargatedalek

What a coincidence, just yesterday I outbid a kid on a couple of JPTLW raptors (and by "outbid" I mean the kid jumped in and tried to low-ball the seller and I casually paid him the full price and scramed).

Pictures incoming.

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 11, 2016, 04:36:29 PM
What a coincidence, just yesterday I outbid a kid on a couple of JPTLW raptors (and by "outbid" I mean the kid jumped in and tried to low-ball the seller and I casually paid him the full price and scramed).

Pictures incoming.
Around how much did you pay to snag the lot?

Bokisaurus

Well, A HUGE boxed arrived earlier this week from Amazon from PNSO!
I was impressed by how quickly they arrives, about a week and a half, and by how well the figures were packaged. They came in a big box, the figures were bubble wrapped and also taped securely inside the box so they were not tossed around in transit.
All arrived in very good condition.
[
The artwork in each booklets are beautiful, I especially love the Amarga art that came with the baby figure. I hope that they will release a figure based on that artwork!

In addition, they also sent a free set of beautiful postcards

Cheers and happy dino figure hunting ;D

tanystropheus

Gorgeous models.

So many postcards of Yangchuanosaurus. Hmmm... I wonder if they are hinting at something  ;)

Libraraptor

Whoa! Most of those PNSO figures are awesome! And all the other recquisitions, you´re all very busy!
I was in the Senckenberg shop today (only on a journey through so I wasn´t in the museum) and found this strange guy:

It was in an "Ice age animals" basket but I guess it´s a Moa, isn´t it?!
And here is what I got for my borthday: Mammoth and calf and saber tooth and two Neanderthals from Playmobil. My daughter arranged them around the fire together with all my other Playmobil prehistoric animals.

suspsy

Nice! I hope Playmobil revisits their prehistoric line in the near future. It'd be especially great if they made an updated Spinosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lanthanotus

Nice haul, Bokisaurus,...

may I ask.... did you get the baby dinos by this amazon offer or all of them separatly? I was considering getting this, but was a bit worried as the picture shows the hard cover book (as the set was reviewed on the DTB) but the description doesn't say anything about it. Thanks.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 11, 2016, 10:06:30 PM
Nice haul, Bokisaurus,...

may I ask.... did you get the baby dinos by this amazon offer or all of them separatly? I was considering getting this, but was a bit worried as the picture shows the hard cover book (as the set was reviewed on the DTB) but the description doesn't say anything about it. Thanks.

yes, I ordered them from PNSO Amazon. I don't remember seeing a book when I ordered mine,and they did not come with it. I wonder if this is a new addition to ordered?

Lanthanotus

Thanks for your answer, Bokisaurus, for now I just ordered two of the other figures to see if PNSO is my taste, but I liked the set reviewed by plesiosauria and would like to purchase it with that nice book and box. Gonna see if I can contact them directly to ask.

Roselaar

Gorgeous figures, Boki!

That's it, I'm getting a credit card. I didn't want to do it, but PNSO leaves me no choice... :-/

Dinomike

An amazing haul Boki! What gorgeous figures!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dilopho

Hey everyone! Look at what I've gotten recently!
There's a grubby old Tyco Triceratops (I guess you could call it a.....TRIKE-O!!! Hhah...) and I really like it! It's my first Tyco. Wait, have I already posted a picture of it? Maybe...but anyway I like the way its head wiggles, hee hee! I guess it's a Smithsonian one, for it has no batteries or motorized parts. It's a really attractive colour!

(You may notice that I added a green construction paper background to the shelves from my Primeval raptor review! It really needed spicing up and I like how it turned out! You'll be able to see the full thing if I ever start my own collection thread! Which I may do soon.)

But we also have some figures from magazines here! I forgot the magazine but it's a BBC one for kids...anyway we have Tyrannosaurus, Smilodon, a White Shark, a Dimetrodon and far on the end there is Megalosaurus, in yellow. They're really nice! Although the paint is a little shoddy and comes off easily.

And finally, one of my friends gave me the two other figures...I don't know what they are! And I don't know who made them! But they are uuuugly! I still find them...sweet, though. They're cute! I think it's a Saltasaurus and a Pachyrinosaurus?

Anyway, do you like these figures? I know I like telling you guys about them!  ^-^

Roselaar

That Saltasaurus is hilariously awesome.

Dilopho

Quote from: Roselaar on September 13, 2016, 09:35:49 PM
That Saltasaurus is hilariously awesome.
I loooove its big stupid grin  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: