You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

It's from Bullyland.

Nice additions, Silvanusaurus, that Beipiaosaurus and Proceratosaurus are two of my favorites and gild my desk since I got them,... am still short of that Iguanodon but the people praising it become more and more ...

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 08, 2016, 09:45:39 PM
It's from Bullyland.

Nice additions, Silvanusaurus, that Beipiaosaurus and Proceratosaurus are two of my favorites and gild my desk since I got them,... am still short of that Iguanodon but the people praising it become more and more ...

Yes, I find the Beipiaosaurus particularly stunning, I think it's my favourite Carnegie that I've owned. It is also much bigger than I expected.

Archinto

The small figures look like original Panini figures. Cool score! :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Derek.McManus on October 01, 2016, 11:16:48 AM
CityRaptor, I read the West of Eden trilogy many years ago and I thought that they where very interesting and thought provoking stories, might be slightly dated nowadays but worth a look in my opinion.

Yes, a lot things would be very different if written today. Of course that would also result in the main cause of conflict being removed and would make it a story about a group of lizard ladies ( who look a lot less like Sleetaks ) establishing a new city. ( Unless North America has another group of sapient Saurians ). Perhaps it could be a romance novel as well, with mayor Vainte having conflicting feelings, if her heart shall belong to the sensible and pacifistic teacher Enge ( not to confuse with Eneg ), or the tough and rugged hunter Stallan.

Anyways, I got some more used books. ( It's no surprise used books don't sell most of the time when sold by a private seller. I got those for 1€ a piece from a commercial seller )

They are mostly older books. In German, which is rare for me these days.
"Tierwelt de Urzeit in Farbe" is the translated version of "Prehistoric Animals". Pretty much every animal is depicted as a model insted of a drawing. Vintage models!
The book by Parker and Sibbick is a translated Version of "Dinosaur Quest". Mainly got it for the artwork.
"Die Große Zeit der Saurier" ( which would be "The great Time of Saurians" ) is a german book from the 80s. I was curious about that one, having it seen several times on eBay, but not that cheap.
"Dinorama" turned out to be a pop-up book. Based on the title I thought that it may be something more like the "Dinosaur Action Set", "Make these Model Dinosaurs" or "Dinosaur Dioramas to cut out & assemble", where the book could be turned into a diorama. It's actually a mix between a pop-up book and that, but not useful as a background for figures. Ah well, for only 1 Euro it's okay.
"Discovering Dinosaurs in the Old West" is the reason why I found that seller in the first place. The book is actually not that worn, but designed to look like that, being a field journal from the Bone Wars.
"Die Welt der Dinosaurier" ( which would be "The World of the Dinosaurs") is another old book I was curious about.
"Auf den Spuren der Dinosaurier" is the german version of "Tracking Dinosaurs"
Last but not least, the book without the dust cover is "Leben in der Urzeit" by Spinar & Burian.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lanthanotus

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 09, 2016, 02:05:00 PM
[...]
Last but not least, the book without the dust cover is "Leben in der Urzeit" by Spinar & Burian.

Nice assortment of books,.... got "Leben in der Urzeit" a few weeks ago myself (again), the copy that I owned for 30 years recently got lost - probably I'll find it once we move from this appartment :D

I added a few more Kaiyodos to my collection (thanks Brett), despite their size those Dinotales know how to impress.

docronnie

Beautiful Dinotales ..... Congrats! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Jose S.M.

It's been a while since I've got new figures, I had to order some stuff for my mother and boyfriend so I order this for myself to get the free shipping from Amazon, just one dinosaur but I like it a lot:

CollectA Plateosaurus.

This is my first Triassic dinosaur, hopefully it will be joined by the wonderful Safari Coelophysis soon.

sauroid

that Plateosaurus is among one of the first of CollectA's really good figures (2011)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dilopho

Nice Plateosaurus! Maybe I will get that one day, it looks good. ^-^
I got this byoo-tay today! ^-^

Wowee!  :D

Jose S.M.

I like that one, when I feel I have enough dinosaurs I will probably get it and the quetzalcoatlus. I like that they are standing.

Dilopho

Quote from: Joe289 on October 13, 2016, 04:16:33 PM
I like that one, when I feel I have enough dinosaurs I will probably get it and the quetzalcoatlus. I like that they are standing.
It is really, really nice. Although it has quite a wide beak.

Dyscrasia

Finally received the SSC Ceratosaurus statue...... >:(

And for size comparison....

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Dyscrasia on October 14, 2016, 11:36:54 AM

Why that angry face, did you have a long waiting time? Very impressive model, I've to admit I prefer the Itoy Ceratosaurs, but the SSC definetly has the more attractive paintjob and those Pterosaurs really add to the scene.

Dyscrasia

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 14, 2016, 12:09:47 PM

Why that angry face, did you have a long waiting time? Very impressive model, I've to admit I prefer the Itoy Ceratosaurs, but the SSC definetly has the more attractive paintjob and those Pterosaurs really add to the scene.

Yes, I've waited for nearly 3 months to receive it since I was notified that it was shipped.

Lanthanotus

Ouch, that's indeed a long time, but do not let that diminish your fun with the model itself ;)

tyrantqueen

Very beautiful model, but I bet it's one heck of a space hog.

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 14, 2016, 12:09:47 PM

Are you seriously comparing the sideshow ceratosaurus sculpture vs the Itoy cheap looking toy thing, and saying that the only thing that is better in the SS one is the paintjob?really?
I like this new cerato a lot, but I would never buy a SS model. The statues are fantastic, the best looking dinosaurs out there, but the paintjobs are terrible. Though I have to admit that this one is quite decent (except for that lazy airbrushed base that looks like poo and some green snot). I would never pay that much money for a statue that I will have to repaint myself.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Albertosaurus on October 14, 2016, 05:04:20 PM
[...]

Are you seriously comparing the sideshow ceratosaurus sculpture vs the Itoy cheap looking toy thing, and saying that the only thing that is better in the SS one is the paintjob?really?
[...]

Dyscrasia probably didn't ask himself if either to buy the SSC or the Itoy as both are completly separate classes in terms of sheer cash to invest, collectability and not least size, so from this point a comparison may seem ridiculous, but I wanted to express, that I personally like the overall design and pose of the Itoy more.

Just as a sidenote, I fail to see how it's cheaply made in comparison to the SSC, especially when you consider the different materials used for production (... so yes, in a plain literally sense you could say it is cheaply made...).

Lanthanotus

Recently added two more Dinorider dinos to my puny Tyco collection, the Deinonychus and the Styracosaurus.

More importantly, I could win some more of the old Carnegies, thereunder models quite rare in Europe as the Protoceratops diorama (the second though, so will sell it), the Dilophosaurus pair and, yes I know it's a awefull chunk of plastic somehow, the Deinonychus pack. So this is my "classic" Carnegie collection, own some more of the more recent figures (1996 +)

Roselaar

Great classic Carnegie bunch!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: