You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: Dilopho on September 28, 2016, 04:21:14 PM

This very handsome guy flew in through my window!
(Well, actually, through my door, in a box.)
Wow! What an amazing little figure!  ;D ;D ;D
Uhhhh....does it have two thumbs? Or am I going crazy?  :o
Either way it is beautiful! And so light. I almost was really sad because I thought I got delivered an empty box because it was so light, and when I opened it it was just tissue paper  :o :o :o
But! Plot twist: My Microraptor was UNDER the paper.  ::)
It is an amazing little model! It's weird that they sculpted 4 fingers on it. At first I thought it was a paint defect just on my model, but I guess it's not.

;D haha!
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

triceratops83

Haha! I just visited Amazon for the first time in years and to my surprise not only is my account still active, but I was able to successfully order that PNSO baby Triceratops! Because I live in Australia, Amazon won't ship most things to me from the U.S. The only thing I ever got from Amazon was a Kinto Triceratops that shipped directly from Japan. I gave up on Amazon after that. Because PNSO comes from China I thought I'd give it a shot, and it worked! I'm relieved to know I can count on Amazon for PNSO at least.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

stargatedalek

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on September 28, 2016, 05:48:14 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on September 28, 2016, 04:21:14 PM
Uhhhh....does it have two thumbs? Or am I going crazy?  :o
It's weird that they sculpted 4 fingers on it. At first I thought it was a paint defect just on my model, but I guess it's not.
That's an alula, if you look at the texture it's a clump of feathers but the pattern makes it look like a claw.

Lanthanotus

Those dropped in within the last week or so....

full Kabaya set (thanks to Brett and his source Emiko), Doug's great Yutyrannus and Apatosaurus (however great these are, I liked to tweak them a slight bit, still work in progress), and my first two PNSO minis, really lovely sculpts.

Jose S.M.

Those look great! I was thinking if the minis were super tiny but the Ouranosaurus (one of the minis I want the most) looks about right for me comparing it with Yutyrannus which I have.

SBell

There are a few PNSO minis that I have debated about...I am thinking that I may have to give in and save up for a few!

Bokisaurus

Here are my latest addition, PNSO figures ;D
I am very impressed by these figures.

Individual photos in PNSO thread and also in some of my threads if you want more photos ;D

Roselaar

Oh boy, those PNSOs look stunning! I really need to get a credit card ASAP before I miss out on these. Too bad this isn't the best time of year to spend money on dinosaur figures...

CityRaptor

Well, my haul is not nearly that nice, but it is a bit more quirky.

Carnegie Tyrannosaurus & Triceratops with the Schleich Version of their tags. Apparently those two were sold for 2.50 DM a piece. Likely not the regular retail price. And yes, the Tyrant Lizard has its tail above the ground.

A mixed lot, with enough curiousity to kill a Smilodon...

The Godzilla Book is usually offered for 50 Euros on Amazon and eBay. I got it for 5. Pretty thin, but it covers guys like Gwangi, too.

"Die ersten ihrer Art" ( The first of their kind ) is a book about Crystal Palace Dinosaurs.

"Jurassic World Press Out Modelbox". Found one for 3.99 at TK Maxx. I was curious if the Rexy model is the same as the one that can be assembled by collecting 4 other books. ( I have the posterbook, the parts don't match and the color is lighter on the one from the box ). Maybe one day I can use those to improve my papercraft skills. In the meantime the box can be used as filler in my book shelf. 

"West of Eden" is a science fiction novel I got interested in due to an article in Prehistoric Times Magazine called "First Intelligence". As far as I've read it's far superior to a certain Pixar movie about sapient Saurians meeting humans...and gives an expalantion why humans could evolve in a world ruled by Saurians. ( North America is pretty much free of Saurians due to them being cold-blooded and the climate their favouring warm-blooded animals...well, that novel was written in 1984 and we all know that the Dinosaur Renaissance did not hit the wide public till Jurassic Park. ) Interestingly in the conflict between humans and Yilane ( the evolve Tylosaurs of that setting ) it is the humans who drew first blood, killing a few Yilane for no apparent reason other than hate. Oh and that was the first time meeting them, too.  The humans in general hate on Saurians for no reason other than their xenophobia. The Yilane meanwhile kill humans as pest control, getting rid of dangerous animals that kill their people.     

2 Schleich Mini Quetzalcoatlus due to me finding them for 1 Euro a piece in a store and not being able to properly tell which one was in better shape due to being in hurry. ( Interestingly enough, one turns out to lack the tip of its wings, but it does not seem to be cut off or broken )

1 set of Panini Dinosaur stickers with figure. I was curious.

1 plastic egg with sticker and Saurolophus. Here I was curious, too.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Keaton64

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 30, 2016, 09:29:19 PM
Here are my latest addition, PNSO figures ;D
I am very impressed by these figures.

Yeah, they impressed me too.  So much that moments after seeing your & Lanthanotus' posts, I went and bought basilosaurus & four of the minis.  My love of whales compelled me to do it; the only basilosaurus I have is the one in the safari toob, and the other whales considered this a great injustice. 

And nice job on the carnegies, CityRaptor, especially the boxhead Rex.

Same for Dilopho's microraptor.  Great nature shot.

Dinomike

Wow everyone!  Awesome new acquisitions! Those PNSO dinos are really tempting...too bad my wallet currently disagrees! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Derek.McManus

CityRaptor, I read the West of Eden trilogy many years ago and I thought that they where very interesting and thought provoking stories, might be slightly dated nowadays but worth a look in my opinion.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Where can i buy those PNSO Age of the Dinosaurs modells? I live in germany. :(

Dilopho

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on October 01, 2016, 11:46:20 AM
I believe there is an ad at the top of the page for them, click it if it's there!

Dilopho

I went to a flea market! :)
Let's see....we got...
Chinasaur Apatosaurus! Big and flexible! ^-^
Chinasaur Brachiosaurus! This guy is super heavy. Got a really AAA-vibe to it but unmarked except for the name of the dinosaur and "China". Maybe UKRD? :-\
Invicta Pteranodon! What a nice find!  ;D ;D ;D
Chinasaur crocodile of some sort! :)
Funtastic Parasaurolophus (Papo bootlegs)! I always wanted to make a herd of hadrosaurs but they were always hard to find and expensive in bulk...but this satisfies me! They were only a pound each and they are good quality bootlegs! ::)
There were a bunch of other chinasaurs and AAAs and UKRDs but I only had so much money so I just "cherry-picked" them!  ^-^

SBell

Quote from: Dilopho on October 01, 2016, 12:02:59 PM
I believe there is an ad at the top of the page for them, click it if it's there!

That's for Amazon.com Which is the USA site.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on October 01, 2016, 03:48:49 PM

You can purchase them from Amazon.com even if you don't live in the US. I live in England and got mine from Amazon.com with no problems. Shipping is slow but they're coming from China. Afaik, there is no other place to get them from.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 01, 2016, 03:58:39 PM
Quote from: SBell on October 01, 2016, 03:48:49 PM

You can purchase them from Amazon.com even if you don't live in the US. I live in England and got mine from Amazon.com with no problems. Shipping is slow but they're coming from China. Afaik, there is no other place to get them from.

I wasn't sure--sometimes Amazon.com will ship beyond the US, sometimes it won't. I think, when it comes time, I will use my new US-ship site to have them delivered. Then it won't matter!

Concavenator

Very happy to have ordered the Carnegie Carnotaurus from ED.A model that I've been wanting since its announcement in 2011 but haven't got around to get it up until now.In my opinion,2016 was a little bland and that's why I have bought this outstanding piece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: