You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyscrasia

Just received the PNSO dinosaur models.

Chungkingosaurus, Mandschurosaurus, Shantungosaurus, and Archaeopteryx.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Dyscrasia on October 05, 2016, 04:49:15 PM

Knew this were big, but they are enormous, especially that Chungkingosaurus  :o

POP of FAN

Quote from: Dyscrasia on October 05, 2016, 04:49:15 PM

Thanks for sharing, Dyscrasia.
That Chungkingo is very impressive! (and massive! :D)

Can't wait to receive mine!!! :D :D

BTW can i ask when you ordered it? I ordered mine 12 days ago but hasn't arrived yet... :(

Bucklander

I bought all the minis (save the babies) on the 6th of September. They were supposed to arrive between September 21 and 30. Now, a month on from when I payed for them, they still are not here. Needless to say, I'm beginning to worry. I'll give them until 4 this afternoon and, if still they've not arrived, I'll contact Amazon. >:(

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bucklander on October 05, 2016, 09:24:54 PM
I bought all the minis (save the babies) on the 6th of September. They were supposed to arrive between September 21 and 30. Now, a month on from when I payed for them, they still are not here. Needless to say, I'm beginning to worry. I'll give them until 4 this afternoon and, if still they've not arrived, I'll contact Amazon. >:(

Oof! Good luck, hope they find their way to you soon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bucklander on October 05, 2016, 09:24:54 PM

Do not worry too much! Mine also took a while, but have arrived yesterday. The problem was that they only sent my package to Frankfurt (the city with Germany's biggest airport) and I had to commission another company to keep the cargo up. The shipping by PNSO was free, but that did cost me something of course ::). But anyway - the models and figures are beautiful and I will quickly forget about that.

I'm not too happy with the Chungkingosaurus' colouration. I don't mean the paintjob - it's pretty well done. I just don't want mine to be green.
The model by itself is really wonderful and I'd like to have an individual and appropriate colouration for it :).

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 05, 2016, 10:28:25 PM

Do not worry too much! Mine also took a while, but have arrived yesterday. The problem was that they only sent my package to Frankfurt (the city with Germany's biggest airport) and I had to commission another company to keep the cargo up. The shipping by PNSO was free, but that did cost me something of course ::). But anyway - the models and figures are beautiful and I will quickly forget about that.

WTF. I live in germany aswell, ordered the 3 pack of the big new dinos of PSNO a few days ago on Amazon.de. Was around 160€, shipping is free. I never heard that u must care about the transport by urself, if u have ordered over Amazon and they said shipping is free.  ???
I hope mine arrive at my home, thats what i expect.

Dyscrasia

Quote from: POP of FAN on October 05, 2016, 09:05:22 PM
Thanks for sharing, Dyscrasia.
That Chungkingo is very impressive! (and massive! :D)

Can't wait to receive mine!!! :D :D

BTW can i ask when you ordered it? I ordered mine 12 days ago but hasn't arrived yet... :(

First of all, thank you~!

My order was placed in the 24th of September, and it actually arrived two days ago.
(Due to my workplace being a research center, big packages are subject for inspection prior to being handed out to their respectful recipients).... :-[

AcroSauroTaurus

Now I see why they named it Chun-KING-osaurus... ;D
I am the Dinosaur King!

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 05, 2016, 10:28:25 PM

....Mine also took a while, but have arrived yesterday. The problem was that they only sent my package to Frankfurt (the city with Germany's biggest airport) and I had to commission another company to keep the cargo up. The shipping by PNSO was free, but that did cost me something of course ::). But anyway - the models and figures are beautiful and I will quickly forget about that.

I'm amazed at this.  I ordered my (two) large models that came via Amazon in separate orders (one with three minis in same parcel) and they came to my door (in the UK) with ordinary parcel post.  What a nasty surprise for you!

Libraraptor

Ah, those PNSOs! Great models, great models!

Fitting my financial capacities: My first PNSO! A small one, I knew, but it even is smaller than I thought!

And "Innovative Kids" Archaeopteryx

suspsy

I turned 38 years old on Monday. Here is what my wife and my parents gave me.  :D

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Nice books, and happy birthday! I have Prothero's book on evolution and the fossil record, really good, accessible writing.

Meanwhile, I stumbled upon a painted Invicta Mamenchisaurus for cheap, and now I can't decide whether to keep it or the Safari:

I love the color scheme on the Invicta, and it has more elegant lines overall, but the Safari probably violates the constraints of vertebral anatomy less (and is in better shape).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 07, 2016, 06:52:20 PM
Nice books, and happy birthday! I have Prothero's book on evolution and the fossil record, really good, accessible writing.

Meanwhile, I stumbled upon a painted Invicta Mamenchisaurus for cheap, and now I can't decide whether to keep it or the Safari:

I love the color scheme on the Invicta, and it has more elegant lines overall, but the Safari probably violates the constraints of vertebral anatomy less (and is in better shape).
I would say this is one of the rare cases where you should keep both
The Invicta is better for display though.

stargatedalek

Neither one has an accurate neck posture, but (even though it's pose is one where the neck would be damaged) I think the Invicta is actually closer to the real posture. It also better captures the skull shape and tail thickness (although it's still not thick enough).

Bokisaurus

Great new addition everyone!
So here are my latest addition, cheers!

A lovely and amazing looking Triceratops model by Greg  Wenzel! I got it for $29 :))

You can see more photos in the Thundering Herd thread if interested

The stuff of nightmare, Schleich's Barapasaurus - what an ugly figure! I got in on sale (30% off), only reason to spend that $ on this one

More photos in the March of the Titan thread if you can't get enough of the scary look ;D

And finally, The Cambrian Creatures set from Favorite - a true gem!

You can see individual photos in the Prehistoric Invert thread for more photos

Cheers and happy Collecting!
Boki

Jose S.M.

That Triceratops looks beautiful!

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 07, 2016, 06:52:20 PM

Thanks! I have two of his other books: Abominable Science and The Story of Life in 25 Fossils. Excellent reads.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Silvanusaurus

I got a small order covering several brands from Everything Dinosaur, three new Brits included. In the wake of Safari's recent reveals I realised how drastically few of their output I actually own, I needed an Iguanodon for my British collection so I thought I'd go for this one. I have to say, I think the sculpt is excellent, much better in hand than it appeared in photos, I really want to repaint it to bring out the details. I'm now compelled to get more Safari's at my next buying opportunity, but theres so much stuff (like PNSO) I need to catch up on. 
Also, my prize for second place in this years Diorama Contest, which included the book and the three little critters in the front, they are wonderfully retro. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to read the book, but I certainly look forward to it.

Dilopho

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 08, 2016, 08:46:01 PM
I got a small order covering several brands from Everything Dinosaur, three new Brits included. In the wake of Safari's recent reveals I realised how drastically few of their output I actually own, I needed an Iguanodon for my British collection so I thought I'd go for this one. I have to say, I think the sculpt is excellent, much better in hand than it appeared in photos, I really want to repaint it to bring out the details. I'm now compelled to get more Safari's at my next buying opportunity, but theres so much stuff (like PNSO) I need to catch up on. 
Also, my prize for second place in this years Diorama Contest, which included the book and the three little critters in the front, they are wonderfully retro. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to read the book, but I certainly look forward to it.

Who made that terror bird?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: