You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I was completely baffled today when I came home and my husband asked what I had ordered by courier - a long, narrow box with a triangular cross-section was blocking the hallway.  It looked for all the world like it might be concealing some sort of rods.  I swore I hadn't ordered anything.  Then I began to prise my way in.  This was what was inside!

So yes, I had ordered it.  I just didn't expect the packaging to look like that.  I'd been hankering after the Safari "Dinosaurs of China" Mamenchisaurus with fossil for ages to make up my set.  In the end I bought one without the box - I'd have opened it anyway and freed the sauropod.  I hadn't quite appreciated just how long the model is.  It's been moved to the top shelf of my wardrobe - temporary (and hopefully dust-free) accommodation until my purpose-built display units are available later this summer.

CrypticPrism

I got a huge package in the mail, and my mom opened it up to show me 9 foam things covered in false grass. I also got a few fake trees, which was nice.

Oh, I also got this thing called "Kinetic Sand" which IMO is amazing for dioramas.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Reptilia

Cool! Where did you get all that stuff from, Amazon? I mean the fake grass and plants, not the dinos.

CrypticPrism

"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Tomorrow, I might be getting a wide range of dinosaur models from someone at my school. He doesn't know much about dinosaurs, so he can't tellme what species they are, but he said one has spikes on its back and the other is huge, gray and has a huge neck and feet(please be the Papo Brachiosaurus ;D). I just hope he's not kidding around(that wouldn't be the first time however). :P

sauroid

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 20, 2017, 02:31:33 AM
Tomorrow, I might be getting a wide range of dinosaur models from someone at my school. He doesn't know much about dinosaurs, so he can't tellme what species they are, but he said one has spikes on its back and the other is huge, gray and has a huge neck and feet(please be the Papo Brachiosaurus ;D). I just hope he's not kidding around(that wouldn't be the first time however). :P
i hope he's not selling you a boxful of chinasaurs...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

I finally was able to get the Favorite Guanlong that I "adopted" from Halichoeres.

CrypticPrism

My account...it's...it's...alive!

Saturday I'll be getting the safari pterosaur, pachyrhinosaurus, shunosaurus, diabloceratops, and the CollectA mirigiaia. The CollectA Gastonia is also arriving on the 26.

CrypticPrism

The CollectA mosasaurus came in the mail and I got two yowies.

Roselaar

Received a new batch of wonderful PNSO models, thanks to acro-man. Fabulous figures!

Dinomike

Wow Roselaar! Great figures indeed - I'm happy to own the Chungkingosaurus. Won't be my last PNSO.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Silvanusaurus

Has the Lufengosaurus figure always been such a vibrant green, or is that a new colour variation like they did for the original T rex? I seem to remember it looking duller, but it may just be different lighting.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 23, 2017, 08:52:49 AM
Has the Lufengosaurus figure always been such a vibrant green, or is that a new colour variation like they did for the original T rex? I seem to remember it looking duller, but it may just be different lighting.

I noticed that too.. It seems to be quite different from mine...

Jose S.M.

Wow people have been getting great hauls lately, Invicta, PNSO, safari  CollectA, rarities like the carnegie Deinonychus and the safari Mamenchisaurus. Congratulations to everyone.

Roselaar

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 23, 2017, 08:58:34 AM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 23, 2017, 08:52:49 AM

I noticed that too.. It seems to be quite different from mine...

It is! I didn't realize it until I saw that pic, but it's definitely gotten a new paint job. It's much more shiny, losing some surface detail. It also got a new big stripe across its flank. It kinda looks like a European tree frog but in the shape of a Lufengosaurus. I think I prefer the new style, it makes the creature looks less emaciated.

Shonisaurus

Thank you Roselaar for giving us our eyes with the photos of your beautiful acquisitions. Without a doubt they are expensive but they are worth it apart from all that they are immense and beautiful.  :P PNSO has real potential in terms of creating dinosaur figures.

Congratulations Roselaar!  :)

sauroid

it's been mentioned in the forum that the PNSO Lufengosaurus looked like a mummified/fossilized animal (words to that effect) instead of a living one so im guessing that PNSO staff have been reading our comments about their figures, hence the improvement.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Lanthanotus

This is some stuff I acquired lately...

The Jobaria is a mixed bag in terms of accuracy but it has a lot of character and I really like the fleshy nose and lip on the upper jaw, I changed its slit pupils to round ones though I've to admit. It's a huge figure, standing a proud 29,5 cm high, so it towers even the big CollectA Cycad Tree.

Neosodon

The Jobaria would look more realistic as a corpse I think.

Regarding Collecta in the U.S, I got word that the dinosaur farm is getting a shipment from collecta. But before you get to exited it is just older models from before 2016. But it is nice to know that collecta hasn't completely neglected are country.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dean is still waiting on his order, hoping for a week or so i think.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: