You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyscrasia

The new Papo dinos have arrived. Sorry about the crappy image quality...  :-\

Invicta Hunter

The Papo Ceratosaurus & Acrocanthosaurus look so much better in a horizontal position.
I can't stand seeing them in their normal position leant forward.
it's just a cheap balancing trick by Papo.

Jose S.M.

Nice Papo's! Can't wait to get some of those, Acro still haven't convinced me though

Shonisaurus

Thanks Dyscrasia for your beautiful photos they look great both the acrocanthosaurus and the great ceratosaurus. I have seen on the other hand surfing the internet comparative photos of the acrocanthosaurus Papo and it is as big as the tyrannosaurus of its same brand. Which is appreciated. Unfortunately the distributor of my nation still does not receive them, so I am waiting. For those who do not have it is a gift for the eyes sincerely speaking.  :P

Halichoeres

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 28, 2017, 02:48:54 PM
The Papo Ceratosaurus & Acrocanthosaurus look so much better in a horizontal position.

I'd rather they be horizontal myself. I understand people who are frustrated by figures that won't stand up, but honestly I don't mind leaning a well-proportioned and plausibly posed theropod against a potential prey item for support.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Neosodon

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 28, 2017, 08:59:40 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 28, 2017, 02:48:54 PM

I'd rather they be horizontal myself. I understand people who are frustrated by figures that won't stand up, but honestly I don't mind leaning a well-proportioned and plausibly posed theropod against a potential prey item for support.
That's what bases are for. But I don't see papo implementing them anytime soon. Papo favors playabilty more.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Blade-of-the-Moon

just leave them on the clear stands they come with?

Neosodon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2017, 04:18:45 AM
You could but I think it would look rather silly.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Blade-of-the-Moon

alas you can never have your cake and eat it too...

i've left several collectas on their clear stands,  the more bendy ones and some  marine reptiles as well

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Neosodon on April 29, 2017, 04:57:02 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2017, 04:18:45 AM
You could but I think it would look rather silly.

I keep some of my Papo's on their clear "bases". Mainly just to keep them from warping during the summer.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Hynerpeton

A yowie ammonite and a prehistoric mammal.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Roselaar

My King's Day 2017 haul. A very diverse bunch, though none of them in pristine conditions of course. Some of the less obvious figuren in this lot (the weird big Trike, the rubber green Saltasaurus) need identification.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Roselaar on April 29, 2017, 11:47:11 AM
My King's Day 2017 haul. A very diverse bunch, though none of them in pristine conditions of course. Some of the less obvious figuren in this lot (the weird big Trike, the rubber green Saltasaurus) need identification.

That's a good haul you got there.
It's nice to see you got two of the very rare Dinowaurs figures.

Jose S.M.

After a long wait and some mail related problems, look whats finally in my hands! I'm very happy to have it  ^-^

Thanks to brettnj and his source for getting it, I will post some more photos in my collection thread.

Shonisaurus

By the way does anyone know what's wrong with Brett? I sent him several emails and he did not answer them unfortunately. I am on the waiting list of Favorite saurolophus among other people and I have sent several messages and no answer I repeat.

I have always been cordial and attentive to him and respectful (yes very repetitive and obsessed with acquisitions but always correct as in the forum that I recognize my mistakes) but that is not an impediment for me to answer my emails. I have ordered by email other than that figure another four of Favorite discontinued and unfortunately has not answered me. To my misfortune I do not even receive messages regarding their offers via email.

I do not know what happened.

On the other hand Jose congratulated you are a lucky person to have that work of art that is the saurolophus. I am waiting for it but I do not receive any messages.  :(

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 29, 2017, 03:02:55 PM
By the way does anyone know what's wrong with Brett? I sent him several emails and he did not answer them unfortunately. I am on the waiting list of Favorite saurolophus among other people and I have sent several messages and no answer I repeat.

I have always been cordial and attentive to him and respectful (yes very repetitive and obsessed with acquisitions but always correct as in the forum that I recognize my mistakes) but that is not an impediment for me to answer my emails. I have ordered by email other than that figure another four of Favorite discontinued and unfortunately has not answered me. To my misfortune I do not even receive messages regarding their offers via email.

I do not know what happened.

On the other hand Jose congratulated you are a lucky person to have that work of art that is the saurolophus. I am waiting for it but I do not receive any messages.  :(

I'll give Brett a bump for you. I just ordered a figure a few days ago, no problems there in communication and I guess there's probably some technical issue as I know him as a very reliable person.

PS: Did you check your spam folder.... maybe something messed up there?

brettnj

Posting this here instead of privately in case anyone else has an issue...

Hey Manuel/Shonisaurus...

I'm not sure what's happening but I sent you a test e-mail this morning.

Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks.
Brett

empire3569

Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 28, 2017, 02:38:00 PM
The new Papo dinos have arrived. Sorry about the crappy image quality...  :-\

I must agree with everyone, both the Acro and Ceratosaurus do both look great in a more horizontal pose. I don't mind the Acro as I have diorama plans for it and I think the pose will work well, but I wouldn't complain if it were more horizontal

Zhuchengotyrant

My Favorite Zhuchengtyrannus and Sinoceratops finally came! They're the best!
-Zhuchengotyrant

empire3569

Soon to be in my hands from the brilliant Martin Garratt: the Re-Papo Acrocanthosaurus  >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: