You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Today, my friend traded me the Papo Tupuxuara for the Schleich Anhanguera because he didn't have any Schleich models and I didn't have any Papo models. He let me borrow it for a day, but now I own it!

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 05, 2017, 12:25:19 AM
Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on May 04, 2017, 11:01:21 PM
Just got this guy in the mail (finally!). Safari Carnegie Corythosaurus. I was originally going to skip this guy but I love his paint job and had to have him ::)

Nice catch! I remember when I got mine at a local museum. Definitely an overlooked gem of a figure.

Agreed. As a Lambeosaurine fan I'd been wanting one for a while when I got mine a couple of years back, and sufficed to say I wasn't disappointed. The sculpt isn't as refined as newer models, but I love the life and movement in the figure and I'll second Rhamphorhynchus in liking the paintjob.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Reptilia

Quote from: Roselaar on May 06, 2017, 08:43:20 PM
I already owned the TRU exclusive set with the Raptor repaint, but this one proved different enough for me to purchase another.

How's that different? To me looks just like a sloppier version of the 2015 "exclusive". Can you post a comparison of the two?

Roselaar

Quote from: Reptilia on May 07, 2017, 04:43:36 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 06, 2017, 08:43:20 PM
I already owned the TRU exclusive set with the Raptor repaint, but this one proved different enough for me to purchase another.

How's that different? To me looks just like a sloppier version of the 2015 "exclusive". Can you post a comparison of the two?

That would be difficult, because the original is still boxed up and I don't want to remove. it. However, you're not wrong: the difference is mostly sloppiness, I'll admit.

Fembrogon

I got this cute little Safari ltd. Kentrosaurus for super cheap on eBay last week:

...And this bunch came in Yesterday, courtesy of DeJankins:

This marks my first Collecta (finally?) and my first PNSO. The Safari figures are quite nice for their size. I was surprised by how small the Collecta Olorotitan is, but it too is still nice. Believe it or not, this Collecta model is the one that's had my eye the longest.
...And then there's the big Shantungosaurus, which has an awesome shelf presence - but it can't stand without the plastic, currently.  :-\

Jose S.M.

Neosodon

The Kentrosaursus is a lucky find. I tried to get that model years ago but it was discontinued.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Fembrogon

Quote from: Neosodon on May 08, 2017, 02:35:05 AM
The Kentrosaursus is a lucky find. I tried to get that model years ago but it was discontinued.
DeJankins used to have it in stock, but I never got around to actually buying it; and then I discovered it was gone from his site, so I kind of panicked, but lucked out elsewhere.  :))
That's also what happened with two other figures, which are still on their way.

laticauda

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 08, 2017, 02:52:22 AM
DeJankins used to have it in stock, but I never got around to actually buying it; and then I discovered it was gone from his site, so I kind of panicked, but lucked out elsewhere.  :))

Its been awhile since I bought the Kentosaurus, but I see it on E-Bay all the time, I didn't think it was that rare. 

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 08, 2017, 02:52:22 AM

I remembering ordering the Kentrosaurus twice on Amazon.  The first time the 3rd party seller sent me the Safari Scutosaurus instead. So I just ordered it again from another 3rd party seller. I didn't even complain to that seller about the Scutosaurus, it was expensive at the time. And for two figures that where out of production I sure got them cheap. They where also both brand new too.

sauroid

i think DinoLord has some Safari Kentrosaurus for sale/trade.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Zhuchengotyrant

My shipment of 10 CollectA dinos came from Everything Dinosaur!
I got:
Regaliceratops
Edmontonia
Nothronychus
Metriacanthosaurus
Mercuriceratops
Gigantspinosaurus
Struthiomimus
Xiongguanlong
Lythronax
Tsintaosaurus

On a sad note, my recent-ish Kentrosaurus from Safari was eaten by my dog. :'( Im planning on getting a new one, though!
Ive been getting lots of dinosaurs lately due to left-over birthday money from a month ago! O:-)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Jose S.M.

Sorry about the Kentro! I hope you can get another one soon. You have a great selection of Collectas coming.

laticauda

Poor Kentro.  An inglorious end for such a nice figure. :'(

Libraraptor

Bought a Favorite Softmodel Velociraptor. Found it on ebay Germany,  unusual find when everything is contaminated with Schleich.

tanystropheus

The poor dog. How was it able to digest that thagomizer?

Simon

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 09, 2017, 06:18:07 AM
Bought a Favorite Softmodel Velociraptor. Found it on ebay Germany,  unusual find when everything is contaminated with Schleich.

*LOL* Made my evening there!  ;D ;D ;D

CityRaptor

Well, it is true.

Congratulations Libraraptor. Wanted to bid on that myself.

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on May 08, 2017, 11:47:30 PM
On a sad note, my recent-ish Kentrosaurus from Safari was eaten by my dog.

Watch out! He might develop a taste for model animals after that! Or maybe not.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

i am more concerned about your dog's health/well being than the loss of that figure.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

It will probably pass right through.

I recently found a Jurassic World Basher & Biter Velociraptor "Blue" at my local TK Maxx. Not planning to keep it, but given the current online prices, it might become useful at some point. Keeping it in box.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: