You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Big package from China :

I got helpped while unpacking :

I really like Doyle the Triceratops - It is truelly very impressive.
On the other hand, The mamenchi is smaller than I expected and tends to tumble foreword, Wilson is very nicely made - but I think is just ugly,
And the Diabloceratops has an undefined shape, like it was made by kindergarten kids playing with clay -
And when you think of the price it demands you also notice how tiny it is.
I did like the colors on its frill though ...
Just my honest opinion.
But I would have bought them again never the less.
after all - comparing to other - the high quality is clearly noticeable.

Has anyone else got himself the beautiful Doyle ?
If so - I wish to ask if the box came wrapped in sealed Nylon ? ( like my Wilson did ).
My Doyle did not - and when I look at the paint rubs on the horn I might suspect this is a second hand item...

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 13, 2017, 08:06:23 AM
.... the Diabloceratops has an undefined shape, like it was made by kindergarten kids playing with clay -

??? I'm not able to relate to what you wrote here. It's a piece of art (and not expensive at all)!

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 13, 2017, 08:19:56 AM
Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 13, 2017, 08:06:23 AM
.... the Diabloceratops has an undefined shape, like it was made by kindergarten kids playing with clay -

??? I'm not able to relate to what you wrote here. It's a piece of art (and not expensive at all)!

I'm in full agreement with postsaurischian's comments on the limited edition Diabloceratops by Musee (formerly Muxi).  Mine is full of sculpted detail and is an artwork of both strength and delicacy.  In fact, it's probably my most treasured non-customised piece.  And it definitely wasn't expensive.

Dyscrasia

Daspletotyrannus

Just got this today! I now have the Battat Maiasaura. This will be the male to my Carnegie Maiasaura.  It a very lovely figure.  I will also be glad to pickup the repaint if and when it gets release. 

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on July 13, 2017, 08:20:01 PM

Just got this today! I now have the Battat Maiasaura. This will be the male to my Carnegie Maiasaura.  It a very lovely figure.  I will also be glad to pickup the repaint if and when it gets release.

Where did you find that Battat maiasaura? Except those that are marketed in the online stores of www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk and urzeitshop I have not found them in any store. I'm also interested in the Battat dinosaurs.

ceratopsian

Congratulations!  I'm quite envious!

Jose S.M.

I'm so envious hahaha! I want that Maiasaura more than I will ever want the Battat Diplodocus, guess I'm an hadrosaur guy (well second to ceratopsians). Congratulations Daspletotyrannus.

Quote from: Dyscrasia on July 13, 2017, 09:00:03 AM
These just arrived

I love the W.S Diplodocus, and the Papo Cryolophosaurus looks really good, just today I was debating if I will get it or not, I think I will.

Roselaar

JW 2p osters arrived at work and I swiped one. Evil little me! But hey, I didnt't swipe them all...  :)

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 13, 2017, 08:45:20 PM

Where did you find that Battat maiasaura? Except those that are marketed in the online stores of www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk and urzeitshop I have not found them in any store. I'm also interested in the Battat dinosaurs.

I have gotten most of my Battat dinosaurs on ebay.  The only one I bought in the store was my Ouranosaurus when I was a kid. And my grandma got me a set of the mini ones ( the 3rd box set where they mixed the 1st and 2nd ones together).  I wish I could just walk into a goodwill store and find a some like some people here have. That would be awesome.  Lol So just look  on Ebay for the older ones and hope you win the bidding.

Bokisaurus

Finally, my last batch of CollectA has arrived!
[
CollectA's extant animals - all superb!
[]

You can check out the CollectA new for 2017 thread if you want to see more photos ^-^
And this one as well from a couple months ago

Roselaar

Yup, it has been another good year for Collecta. :)

Lanthanotus

Very nice acquisitions everyone.... but...

...where do you folks get all these new CollectAs from? I still wait for all the retailers I usually use (Urzeitshop, spielzeug-guenstig, spielfigurenportal, modellpferde-versand, everythingdinosaur) to stock them.... :/

BlueKrono

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 15, 2017, 07:40:17 PM
Very nice acquisitions everyone.... but...

...where do you folks get all these new CollectAs from? I still wait for all the retailers I usually use (Urzeitshop, spielzeug-guenstig, spielfigurenportal, modellpferde-versand, everythingdinosaur) to stock them.... :/

I got my most recent batch on eBay from a seller in Korea. The shipping was lower than anything from Europe or Australia.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

postsaurischian

Minizoo / Australia is usually always the first to offer the new CollectAs.
The shipping quotes to Germany are okay to me - not so much more as if you'd order from the main German sellers you've mentioned.
Sometimes I can't wait, like with the Dimorphodon or the Bongo. They ship fast and I haven't had any cutoms trouble yet.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 15, 2017, 09:27:57 PM

Minizoo / Australia is usually always the first to offer the new CollectAs.
The shipping quotes to Germany are okay to me - not so much more as if you'd order from the main German sellers you've mentioned.
Sometimes I can't wait, like with the Dimorphodon or the Bongo. They ship fast and I haven't had any cutoms trouble yet.

The same thing I can say regarding www.minizoo.com.au they send it with a shipping number from Germany and I do not suppose shipping cost by customs is a detail by Jason and his company to me commendable. Neither have I had any problems to date.

It obviously takes a bit to get to Europe but it's worth the wait.

Lanthanotus

thanks for your answers,...almost guessed you got it from minizoo, checked that out weeks ago but refrained. Had too many parcels to be picked up at customs with additional costs of taxes and fees as if privately imported plastic toys could deal sustained damage to the German industry (fnck that European protectionism). I rather wait few more weeks, though I still don't get why there's such a great delay between the shops stocking those. One would think companies are keen to deliver to the bigger markets first... /shrug.

SBell

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 15, 2017, 11:49:03 PM
thanks for your answers,...almost guessed you got it from minizoo, checked that out weeks ago but refrained. Had too many parcels to be picked up at customs with additional costs of taxes and fees as if privately imported plastic toys could deal sustained damage to the German industry (fnck that European protectionism). I rather wait few more weeks, though I still don't get why there's such a great delay between the shops stocking those. One would think companies are keen to deliver to the bigger markets first... /shrug.

It's all about shipping times--Australia is much closer to Hing Kong than Europe. Hence, it gets there (almost always by boat) much faster. In theory, a retailer coudl fly a lot to Europe, but you'll pay for that extra postage cost.

At least they will show up in Europe regularly. As nothing has changed with CollectA, they will only show up here in North America if a retailer takes the plunge themselves. They might corner the market since there's no distributor at all (except for horses) but it will take a long time, a lot of money--and by then most collectors will have found theis elsewhere (me? I'm getting the few I want from Japan through Brett).

Halichoeres

I get mine from Minizoo. If I get a larger order it makes the shipping per item relatively reasonable (and the US post doesn't charge any customs fees). As Sean alluded to, it takes a pretty long time now for them to reach North America these days.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Neosodon

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 17, 2017, 04:01:07 AM
I get mine from Minizoo. If I get a larger order it makes the shipping per item relatively reasonable (and the US post doesn't charge any customs fees). As Sean alluded to, it takes a pretty long time now for them to reach North America these days.
Don't they charge by wait? So getting a large order with any heavy figures would be very expensive. I ordered collect Metriacanthosaurus from them and even though it was very light the shipping was still more than the figure.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: