You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 22, 2017, 06:02:07 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 22, 2017, 04:04:34 PM
Nah, he's part of a new line for Halloween Home Depot will carry.  I couldn't have built him for what he costs at any rate.

Makes sense. Don't know why I asked; if you had made it it would have looked a lot more realistic I'm sure. But still a fun anachronistic prop to have.

for sure, i think he's just fun and huge! lol  also reminds me of this guy from the 1960's :

Blade-of-the-Moon

Daspletotyrannus

I got the Kaiyodo Glyptodon a couple days ago. It a very lovely figure.

I finally got the Battat Utahraptor today in the mail. All I need  now is the Gallimimus. I'm not getting the Diplodocus until the repaint. I'm not sending that money on it now and I like the repaint more.

Just did this for fun. Yes the Acrocanthosaurus is standing up on its own two feet. It looks so much better.  My mini Utahraptor has a mommy now. Lol

Joey

Nice new acquisitions there, Daspletotyrannus!  :)

Neosodon

The Utahraptors look like they are inspired from WWD.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

BlueKrono

Quote from: Neosodon on July 25, 2017, 02:07:21 AM
The Utahraptors look like they are inspired from WWD.

Or vice versa. Battat original line - mid 1990's, WWD - 1999?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Sim

As far as I'm aware...

The original Battat dinosaur figures were released from 1994 to 1998.  The Battat Utahraptor was released in 1996.  The Battat mini dinosaurs (including the mini Utahraptor) were released in 1998.

Walking with Dinosaurs came out in 1999, so the Utahraptor in WWD came later in time than the Battat Utahraptor figures.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on July 24, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Yes the Acrocanthosaurus is standing up on its own two feet. It looks so much better.

How do you make it stand?

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 25, 2017, 03:33:51 PM
Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on July 24, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Yes the Acrocanthosaurus is standing up on its own two feet. It looks so much better.

How do you make it stand?

I jammed needles in the center toes, up the foot, and from the back going towards the knee. Cut the extra needles off that sticks out( have eye protection, I didn't it flew ever where).  Then I bent the center toes slightly down( I don't know why but you have to do this for it to work ). What you are really doing is adding support to the weak parts.  I also did it to the Tyrannosaurus too. But I used bigger needles for that one. And it has been standing up ever since I did it. Heating up the figure helps.

Libraraptor

I finally bought myself a PAPO Apatosaurus today. Lovely figure, to me the neck is okay. Doesn´t need a picture, does it, for I guess it´s well known already.
And I am still awaiting my Pachyrhinosaurus repaint from Switzerland. I had it repainted there by Kathrin from Kathrins Dino Channel who unfourtunately wants to stay independent and not join this forum, but it´s her decision and it´s okay by me. As soon as it´s here I´ll post some new pics.
You can see first impressions in my "Collection" thread. I think the leg is a little off, but I can´t really define what exactly. Maybe someone of you has got an idea?

Roselaar

Back in business thanks to Postimage. Here's some recent acqs:

Nice lot on eBay for an awesome price:

Latest haul from Everything Dinosaur. Another one soon to come.

Jose S.M.

Kaprosaurus

Is that a Safari Ltd. Mamenchisaurus?

Roselaar

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on July 26, 2017, 02:32:01 PM
Is that a Safari Ltd. Mamenchisaurus?

Yes. But without base or packaging. Good enough for me though.

Nebuloid

Great hauls Roselaar ! Now I really want that Rebor "Winston", and the Compsognathus...
But today I finally have the 2017 Collecta and Safari figures I wanted:

And some older ones I didn't have :

For all the Dutch people, Blokker has some good online deals on Collecta figures... ;)

Roselaar

Quote from: Nebuloid on July 27, 2017, 03:45:53 PM

For all the Dutch people, Blokker has some good online deals on Collecta figures... ;)

I didn't know Blokker did Collecta. I checked out their website, but found their prices staggeringly expensive. I stopped looking after I saw 12.95 euro for a Struthiomimus and 38,50 for an Acrocanthosaurus... That's just extortion!

Nebuloid

Quote from: Roselaar on July 27, 2017, 07:01:21 PM
Quote from: Nebuloid on July 27, 2017, 03:45:53 PM

I didn't know Blokker did Collecta. I checked out their website, but found their prices staggeringly expensive. I stopped looking after I saw 12.95 euro for a Struthiomimus and 38,50 for an Acrocanthosaurus... That's just extortion!

Weird, that T-rex in the last picture was only 5 euros, the others were even cheaper. I also didn't know, found it by accident.

ZoPteryx

Wow, great hauls Roselaar and Nebuloid!  :o

Libraraptor

Quote from: ZoPteryx on July 28, 2017, 01:23:19 AM
Wow, great hauls Roselaar and Nebuloid!  :o

I agree!
How can one stumble upon WWD figures in a lot?
This never ever happens in Germany.

sauroid

a few items i got during the past couple of months (a lot of vintage stuff)

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: