You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on September 16, 2017, 03:49:59 PM
whoah glad to see you in the forum again TQ! awesome hauls guys.

Thanks!

BlueKrono

This week's batch... O.o

Tsintaosaurus from the recently released PNSO 7 dinosaurs set

The beautiful resin Diplocaulus from Bingni. This is gonna look awesome all painted up!

UHA/Kaiyodo Platybelodon

The adorable Little Critterz Xiphactinus

Four Nabisco prehistoric mammals

Kanna Citipati, ready for a repaint

Random Chinasaur. Looks older. Anyone have any idea who made it?

I don't know if anyone collects glasswear, but this is supposedly from the 50's or 60's. The price was right.

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ZoPteryx

Reptilia

That Xiphactinus is very nice, what material is made of?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 22, 2017, 05:48:29 AM
This week's batch... O.o

Nice figures! The PNSO Tsintaosaurus looks really good and detailed for a mini, I hope they made a bigger version (and solve their problems that i've read they have)

Joey

Quote from: Reptilia on September 22, 2017, 01:36:44 PM
That Xiphactinus is very nice, what material is made of?

Ceramic

BlueKrono

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on September 22, 2017, 02:17:15 PM
This week's batch... O.o

Nice figures! The PNSO Tsintaosaurus looks really good and detailed for a mini, I hope they made a bigger version (and solve their problems that i've read they have)

PNSO does have a really big one with the old style crest, but it usually sells for upwards of $300, so it is unfortunately out of my price range.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

sauroid

This week's batch... O.o

what problems? i hope not financial. :(
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BlueKrono

Distribution problems perhaps?

Jose S.M.

I was talking basically about what can be read here : http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg175505#msg175505

Apparently that situation cause delays on some figures (Amargasaurus) and that some of the sculpts from the former sculptor might never be released.

Reptilia

I thought that PNSO went out of business.

ceratopsian

No, still in business and planning apparently to release the China Post Mamenchisaurus under their own name and in different packaging. But they seem to have major internal issues.

Dyscrasia

tanystropheus

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 22, 2017, 06:23:23 PM
This week's batch... O.o

PNSO does have a really big one with the old style crest, but it usually sells for upwards of $300, so it is unfortunately out of my price range.

I thought there was a cheaper version of the same model with a duller paint job....?

acro-man

Finished by Cyan the freshman painter.
Dark, ferocious but not demonic. Simply perfect  8)

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: acro-man on September 26, 2017, 11:40:02 AM
Dark, ferocious but not demonic. Simply perfect  8)

Gorgeous  ^-^

Jose S.M.

Reptilia

Looks fairly better than the original, and shows how certain Safaris have a great potential if it wasn't for the godawful paint app they get from the factory.

Jose S.M.

To each their own, but I still don't see anything awfull in the color squeme or application on my Tyrannosaurus, or any other of my Safari figures when comparing with my CollectAs for example. We all know Papo tends to be in another league when it comes to that aspect.

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on September 26, 2017, 11:40:02 AM

I like that very much.  A very effective repaint that gives a natural feel.  Nice model tree on show too!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: