You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

It's the first time this figure pleases me :).

CityRaptor

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on September 26, 2017, 02:41:55 PM
To each their own, but I still don't see anything awfull in the color squeme or application on my Tyrannosaurus, or any other of my Safari figures when comparing with my CollectAs for example. We all know Papo tends to be in another league when it comes to that aspect.

I think it is the color scheme. A lot of people here seems to follow big mammals or old Dinosaur depictions when thinking about colors. You know, this trope in effect:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealIsBrown

My newest addition:

also follows this trope.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

I don't dislike the choice of colours on Safari models, or on the feathered Tyrannosaurus in particular, it's how they paint them. I still have to see a picture of a Safari T-Rex with the teeth decently painted, or with a decent transition between the different colours of the "fur". It's probably due to optimizing the time, they paint the figures as fast as they can to have more produced, but it's a shame. Collecta tend to do the same on smaller models, but for what I can see from pictures online most of their deluxes are spot on with the paint job. Papo is stellar as long as you get first runs of production, I troubled to obtain an original Allosaurus and the comparison with later copies is embarassing, it's like a genuine one against a knock-off.

Jose S.M.

Well everybody has their likes, dislikes and nitpicks hehehe, I just think some words like "awful" or things like that are a bit strong but that's just me. I think we need to get back on topic here, probably this topic will appear again in a more appropiate thread like the 2018 figures.

acro-man

Thank everybody's kind compliment!  ;D
This paint app is based on the concept art from Saurian the game.
Wish I had that kind of skill.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

This was my haul yesterday from the shop at the Dinosaurs of China exhibition on my second visit yesterday.  When I visited on the first day it was open, the PNSO models hadn't arrived.  It was good to see yesterday how well the Safari and Papo models had sold!  The shelves were laden on that first day and are now much depleted.

Silvanusaurus

I hope everything isn't gone from the shop by the time I get there!  :-\

ceratopsian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 27, 2017, 05:17:58 PM
I hope everything is gone from the shop by the time I get there!  :-\

Oh dear, I see your point. Good for the Hall's sales figures and for Adam's reputation with his marketing people but not good for you. There was plenty of the older PNSO models but very limited Papo and Safari. They also had a large PNSO poster, but I didn't like the folds all over it.

tyrantqueen

It's not figure related, but I got this colouring book today (I like to do the adult colouring thing, I find it soothing).

Jose S.M.

I would love a book like that!

Reptilia

Great idea the colouring book, the pelican-like Deinocheirus looks cool. Where did you get it?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Reptilia on September 28, 2017, 09:32:02 PM
Great idea the colouring book, the pelican-like Deinocheirus looks cool. Where did you get it?

I got it from The Works- it's a super cheap UK based book/craft store.

Reptilia

Cool! If I want a decent book about dinosaurs I have to search online, book shops near me aren't reliable in any way.

Daspletotyrannus

So I had a DeJankins haul of Collecta Dinosaurs.  First up is Regaliceratops. I like this one. The relaxed pose is awesome.  Not all Ceratopsian need to be in attack or threatened poses. The colors are great too.

Next is the Herrerasaurus.  I don't have that many Triassic Dinosaurs so I picked up this one. It is a cute little fellow.  I like the green.

Next is the Einiosaurus.  I already have the Safari one, but you can't have too many Einiosaurus.  I just love the colors.  Green my favorite color.  The size is awesome too. As it would look great next to my Battat Triceratops, Styracosaurus, and Pachyrhinosaurus. Or next to my Safari Einiosaurus.

Last up is the Gigantspinosaurus. My mom saw this one and said "The head so tiny, that is why they went extinct."  I like this one too. The colors are great too. Kinda wish the nails where painted a different color though. It will look nice next to my Stegosaurs.

This is what I got on Ebay.  The Kaiyodo Anchiceratops.  I like the colors on this one.  Would be cool if Safari Ltd made one. Maybe this was the Ceratopsian they teased.

Jose S.M.

Great haul! CollectA's ceratopsians improved a lot this year.

Faelrin

I got two Safari figures today from an A. C. Moore. The Coelacanth and the Dracorex. By the way, that A. C. Moore really ought to get some new stock in. They still have a thing up for the retired Oviraptor (with nest), and now since the trees, Inostrancevia, and Gastornis are retiring, they ought to replace those that are sold out and get some new stock in. Disappointing really.

I've been debating on the Dracorex for a while, mostly because I wasn't hugely fond of the color scheme, and I wasn't sure how it would fit alongside the ones I got a bit ago, plus the ones I'm still planning on getting (Deinocheirus, Iguanodon, Yutyrannus, etc). I ended up finally getting it today because I like the sculpt, and the creature it represents. It doesn't look too bad alongside my Battat Terra Parasaurolophus, now that I'm home with it.

Took me a while to buy them since I wanted to inspect each figure thoroughly to not buy one with sloppy paintwork. Although the Coelacanth I picked does have a misplaced eye "ring" but at least the rest of it looked fine. Though I can't tell if there's some brown wash on it, or if it is actually dirty. Anyone have a clue? Here's a pic of the figures on my leg:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

amargasaurus cazaui

Looks like dust on the colecanth to me at least
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 28, 2017, 01:49:02 PM
It's not figure related, but I got this colouring book today (I like to do the adult colouring thing, I find it soothing).

That Deinochirus looks familier

Only Flipped

tyrantqueen

Patrx

Just got the new Safari American mastodon this morning! I'll have proper photographs in due time.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: