You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Postosuchus84

Was lucky when I went to Target the other day to check on their Battat Terra Dinosaurs, found Nanshiungosaurus for about 5 bucks. Knowing how hard to find it is I instantly scooped it. I actually have about 5 left to acquire for the Battat Terra line: Cryolophosaurus, Dacentrurus, Stegosaurus ungulatus, Pachyrhinosaurus, and Euoplocephalus. So I am going to try to snag them as I find them. Thing I might need to go online for the Cryolophosaurus unless I luck out again. The collection is so small, high in quality, and decently priced that it makes it easier to acquire I feel. The packaging used to remind me of the dinosaur toys I would get from TRU back in the late 80s or early 90s. So it plays heavily on my nostalgia.

Tylosaurus

@ Johannes

Hah Grando add there the PNSO Chungkingosaurus is a true masterpiece! \o/ \o/ \o/
I got mine via DTF member "acro-man" hehe, great guy too btw cool to see you got yours as well 8)

Great additions everyone else too though  8)

Daspletotyrannus

So I went on a Ceratopsian hunt on ebay. First up is the Zhuchengtyrannus vs Sinoceratops set. It a very lovely set. I like the Sinoceratops and the Zhuchengtyrannus stands better than the Bistahieversor. Well for now at least.

Next is the Kaiyodo Diabloceratops. This has a lot of details on it. It even has a cloaca on it. I believe no figure is accurate if don't have a cloaca on it. I love the colors might not help in the wild but still cool.

Next is the Kaiyodo Kosmoceratops. Love the figure but the poor thing doesn't have cheeks. Like that the head very colorful.  They used I'm guessing small stickers for the eyes, I feel like they didn't paint it on.

Last is the Carnegie Protoceratops. This thing is so cute. I'm glad to have it in my collection.  Too bad it not the ones that they painted under the adult Protoceratops.

Here the Protoceratops nest with my Safari Ltd Authentic (Galaxy Toys) Protoceratops. I was lucky enough to get the Authentic one on Amazon with the others from set 2 minus the Dimetrodon maybe a year ago.  But the packaging said Galaxy Toys but on the figure is says  Safari Ltd.  My only guess is that Galaxy Toys distribute the Safari Authentic line at one point.  The Authentic one is my favorite Protoceratops figure I have.  I kinda hope to get some of the bootleg of it one day to give it my own paint job.  I really hope the Beast of the Mesozoic Protoceratops have a similar paint job. I just love this one.  It so much better than the one Safari has now.

Roselaar

Found these on a flea market today. The Mammoth is a lovely find. The Schleich Spino and Quetz are for sale/trade.

Silvanusaurus

My most recent interesting acquisitions...

Linde dinosaurs with some nice colour variation. I'm up for selling/trading the duplicates:

Recur Ouranosaurus, which I love for its pudginess:

T.S 'Eotyrannus' according to it's stomach, but clearly based on the WWD Ornitholestes. I was really elated to find this:

The question is, do I count it as an Ornitholestes, or go by its label and add another British dinosaur to my collection?

Halichoeres

@Silvanusaurus. That's a cool figure either way! I have the Tropeognathus/Ornithocheirus from TS, but I can't find any ID on the figure, just a little "TS" logo with a sunrise, and the year (2001). I didn't realize the other figures were named.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 10, 2017, 04:01:48 PM
@Silvanusaurus. That's a cool figure either way! I have the Tropeognathus/Ornithocheirus from TS, but I can't find any ID on the figure, just a little "TS" logo with a sunrise, and the year (2001). I didn't realize the other figures were named.

I had sevearl of the set--and they all had names, that I recall. And a good number of them had a wrong, nonsense name...

acro-man

My latest and favorite acquisition to date:
Keichousaurus model by Bingni the sculptor, and
Keichousaurus fossil by Vwuvwu the fossil collector and skeleton builder.
What a perfect combination!

Although Keichousaurus fossils are quite abundant, 90% on the market are knockoffs.
Mine was unearthed by a local in his backyard which he uses as a "fossil mine".
It's then verified by a professional fossil hunter Vwuvwu and purchased by me.

So lucky to have them!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on September 11, 2017, 05:31:03 PM
My latest and favorite acquisition to date:
Keichousaurus model by Bingni the sculptor, and
Keichousaurus fossil by Vwuvwu the fossil collector and skeleton builder.
What a perfect combination!

Although Keichousaurus fossils are quite abundant, 90% on the market are knockoffs.
Mine was unearthed by a local in his backyard which he uses as a "fossil mine".
It's then verified by a professional fossil hunter Vwuvwu and purchased by me.

So lucky to have them!

Congratulations!  Bingni is very talented indeed.  They make a splendid pair.

BlueKrono

That Bingni looks really cool. I'd love to see a birds eye view.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ZoPteryx

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 11, 2017, 06:10:30 PM

Agreed! Great model and fossil!

acro-man

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 11, 2017, 06:10:30 PM
Thanks!

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 11, 2017, 09:02:12 PM
That Bingni looks really cool. I'd love to see a birds eye view.
Here you go:
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Halichoeres

That color scheme looks like he was going for eyespots that would fool an aerial or shoreline predator. Fantastic work.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

The figure and fossil go great together!

BlueKrono

Aaah! That is as awesome as I thought it might be!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Daspletotyrannus

I got the Favorite Co Saurolophus today.  I'm impressed with the sculpt of the figure.  The skin is very detailed.  I didn't even think it was that detailed looking at pictures on the internet.  I would try and get the Tarbosaurus but I can't look pass the teeth on that one. Maybe one day some other company will make one that big. I think I like my figures in calm poses.

sauroid

that Keichousaurus by Bingni is cool, grats Acro-man. :o
great hauls everyone.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Neosodon

That's a well done figure! How big is it?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

ceratopsian

A big box arrived this morning from Beijing, thanks to our own acro-man.  Here's some snaps of the contents:

First of all, the PNSO set of Seven Little Dinosaurs, along with a beautifully produced booklet on the China Post Stamps.

The "secret compartment" inside of the lid contains a beautiful reproduction of one of Zhao Chuang's paintings of the contents.  It's neatly held down by magnets so it doesn't flap about.

The minis were accompanied on their journey by the Mamenchisaurus, also created by PNSO for the China National Philatelic Association.  I couldn't resist adding the mini Mamenchi to the diorama.

And finally a group shot of the Mamenchi, the Minis and the Himalayasaurus from the older series of minis.

Roselaar

Excellent figures! I hope to add these gems to my collection some day soon as well. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: