You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 24, 2017, 07:39:23 PM
I see the Spinosaurus near the middle, but is the one closer to the left side an Ouranosaurus?

Yes, there is an Ouranosaurus in that lot. It's an okay figure.

EmperorDinobot

Huh. For the first time in a long time, I didn't get any dinosaurs for X-mas.

CityRaptor

Exact opposite for me! See Below!

Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on December 24, 2017, 06:03:20 PM
Hey, long time no post! ::) We opened presents a day early this year, here's my Christmas haul! I also got some money, gonna buy some of the new Safari stuff >:D
SNIP

Oh, that book by Terryl Whitlatch look interesting. Looking it up the cover features flying ceratopsians! Meanwhile that pink pony looks rather terrifying.

Christmas Haul! Some feathered friends!

Sadly the Feathered Dinos Toob is one of the later versions, with the reduced paint apps and orange top.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Joey

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 24, 2017, 10:23:32 PM
Exact opposite for me! See Below!

Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on December 24, 2017, 06:03:20 PM
Hey, long time no post! ::) We opened presents a day early this year, here's my Christmas haul! I also got some money, gonna buy some of the new Safari stuff >:D
SNIP

Oh, that book by Terryl Whitlatch look interesting. Looking it up the cover features flying ceratopsians! Meanwhile that pink pony looks rather terrifying.

Christmas Haul! Some feathered friends!

Sadly the Feathered Dinos Toob is one of the later versions, with the reduced paint apps and orange top.
You couldv'e gotten the Feathered toob from Dejankins, he still has the original releases for sale (one of the things I got for Christmas by the way).

CityRaptor

Well, it was a gift. Just checked Dejankins, but their website only lists the newer version, too. So congrats on getting the old version.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Joey

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 24, 2017, 11:26:27 PM
Well, it was a gift. Just checked Dejankins, but their website only lists the newer version, too. So congrats on getting the old version.
That's the one I bought on Dejankins, I thought what would arrive would be the new one with worse colors, but what came was the older one with the old spinning globe cap, and dinosaurs with better paint application.

sauroid

i guess you could request the old version of the feathered dinos toob from Dejankins.

awesome hauls everyone.

will post my xmas haul in early January (still waiting for some stuff to arrive)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

alexeratops

From left to right: Megacerops, Regaliceratops, Iguanodon, Anzu, Psittacosaurus (poor thing can't stand  :-[), Gastonia, Smilodon, and Uintatherium!!
All Safari (except for the Gastonia)! I am very happy with my creatures this year! It kind of stinks that the Anzu and Psittacosaurus need help staying upright, but that's nothing I haven't had to deal with before!  :D Merry Christmas!
like a bantha!

Joey

Quote from: sauroid on December 25, 2017, 06:05:23 AM
i guess you could request the old version of the feathered dinos toob from Dejankins.

awesome hauls everyone.

will post my xmas haul in early January (still waiting for some stuff to arrive)
You don't have to request him for the old toobs.
I will also post my haul in January because I have some stuff coming in.

Jose S.M.

Great hauls everyone! I didn't have any dinosaurs this holidays, they would have arrived in mid January if I ordered late December anyway,  but I'm happy for all of you who did.

Reptilia

Someone hurried to get the Papo Pachyrhinosaurus?  ;)

PhilSauria

Left to right; Rebor Carnotaurus copy, Wiben Brachiosaurus (aka Chinasaur), Fountain Collection Diplodocus and Papo Cave Bear. Tried the Carnotaurus to see what the quality was like and it's not too bad, had to have another cheap Sauropod with the Brachio, the Diplodocus was an unexpected find in a New Zealand gift shop while on vacation and the Cave Bear (which I really like) I was at first not sure about but comments from Robin Goodfellow convinced me to give it a try, glad I did.

Joey

Nice haul!
How much did the Carno cost you?

Reptilia

The Papo cave bear is a wonderful and incredibly underrated model, great choice!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: alexeratops on December 26, 2017, 05:03:44 AM
*snip*
From left to right: Megacerops, Regaliceratops, Iguanodon, Anzu, Psittacosaurus (poor thing can't stand  :-[), Gastonia, Smilodon, and Uintatherium!!
All Safari (except for the Gastonia)! I am very happy with my creatures this year! It kind of stinks that the Anzu and Psittacosaurus need help staying upright, but that's nothing I haven't had to deal with before!  :D Merry Christmas!

Nice haul! I like everything except the mammals, lol.

Appalachiosaurus

So I went to Jurassic Park in Universal Studios recently...

PhilSauria

Quote from: Joey on December 26, 2017, 11:06:21 PM
Nice haul!
The Carnotaurus was $13 Australian (with free shipping from China) so it would be even less in US Dollars, or probably any number of other currencies!

sauroid

Quote from: PhilSauria on December 27, 2017, 02:39:07 AM
Quote from: Joey on December 26, 2017, 11:06:21 PM
Nice haul!
The Carnotaurus was $13 Australian (with free shipping from China) so it would be even less in US Dollars, or probably any number of other currencies!
do you have more pics of the Carnotaurus bootleg? different angles. thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

PhilSauria

More angles on the Carnotaurus. Among other differences the copy has the arms reaching forward while in the original they are back along the body.

sauroid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: