You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: paintingdinos on December 16, 2017, 03:35:41 PM
Just received some fun new projects to work on after the holidays:
[photo snip]

From Khurasan Miniatures: http://bit.ly/2zg63cw
I went a bit overboard on minis. I have several more coming over from DeeZee, can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing your paint-ups!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

This came in the mail yesterday:

It's only my second Favorite co. figure, but he's very cool (and I have three others on the way!). I'm thinking of reviewing this one for the blog, once I catch up on another overdue review.

spinosaurus1

i literally ordered one a few days ago. i plan on cusomizing mine to be in a different pose

ceratopsian

The Favorite Spinosaurus is a pleasing model. I'm curious to know if it simply sits on its base or if there is some sort of peg arrangement.

spinosaurus1

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 20, 2017, 10:37:33 AM
The Favorite Spinosaurus is a pleasing model. I'm curious to know if it simply sits on its base or if there is some sort of peg arrangement.
It's a peg. The spinosaurus has a slot on the belly that the peg on the base fits in to.

ceratopsian

Thank you!
Quote from: spinosaurus1 on December 20, 2017, 11:59:06 AM
It's a peg. The spinosaurus has a slot on the belly that the peg on the base fits in to.

SBell

That's pretty much the Favorite style--if there is a base, the peg arrangement leaves a fairly large hole in the figure! They are apparently made to be displayed in a very particular pose!

suspsy

Quote from: SBell on December 19, 2017, 03:32:14 AM
Quote from: suspsy on December 19, 2017, 12:35:21 AM
Four new Safaris courtesy of Fauna Figures!  ^-^

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Glad to help! I even have some of each left!

And the rest of the Safari offerings are on order...hope to have them early in the new year (maybe just before; we'll see how it goes).

So, what's you first impressions? I'm just thrilled to have big, beefy mammals! But the big new dinos are pretty cool too!

I like all of them, especially the mastodon! Can't wait till you get the rest of the line in stock!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

The prospect of a peg doesn't worry me at all.  I was thinking more of how stable it would be on its base.

Quote from: SBell on December 21, 2017, 02:04:42 PM

That's pretty much the Favorite style--if there is a base, the peg arrangement leaves a fairly large hole in the figure! They are apparently made to be displayed in a very particular pose!

Fembrogon

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 21, 2017, 04:20:33 PM
The prospect of a peg doesn't worry me at all.  I was thinking more of how stable it would be on its base.
Mine is slightly wobbly, but otherwise secure. It can also - at least for a short time - stand without the base.

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on December 21, 2017, 03:42:00 PM
Quote from: SBell on December 19, 2017, 03:32:14 AM
Quote from: suspsy on December 19, 2017, 12:35:21 AM
Four new Safaris courtesy of Fauna Figures!  ^-^

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Glad to help! I even have some of each left!

And the rest of the Safari offerings are on order...hope to have them early in the new year (maybe just before; we'll see how it goes).

So, what's you first impressions? I'm just thrilled to have big, beefy mammals! But the big new dinos are pretty cool too!

I like all of them, especially the mastodon! Can't wait till you get the rest of the line in stock!

It might take a little longer--the Dimetrodon (and Lemon shark) are delayed into January. But I am definitely getting both in!

CityRaptor

Title translates as "Petrified World". It's a collection of short stories about prehistoric animals by Josef Augusta, with some artwork by Zdenek Burian.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lanthanotus

Hmm, nice one. I do not know Josef Augusta (at leat can't recall the name), but I adore Burian's art and do not know the picture on the cover.

While I eagerly await a bunch of the new Safari's arriving (hopefully on the morrow), I received two "ancient" Safaris/Carnegies in fair condition and found to my surprise the Schleich Dinogorgon next to the other 2018's in stock at a local toy shop. I'd like to write a review about it the next days, also with better photos (sorry for the bad quality here).

Reptilia

Very interested to read the Dinogorgon review, and see more pictures. It looks weird from this angle.

Fembrogon

Archaeopteryx is here!

Oh, hey, Allosaurus is here, too. Neat!

The Favorite collection grows!
I'll start working on a review of the Archy sometime soon.

ITdactyl

Awesome hauls everyone.  I'm also very happy with my Favorite Archaeopteryx.

The cover art for the Josef Augusta book seems like a comic for an argument at a gym. :D

sauroid

Lanthanotus: does the Dinogorgon really lack details and definition (looks really flat like a mini figure)? looks so different from the stock photo we've seen initially.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Safari 2018 Prehistoric Wave from Urzeitshop.
(Thanks to Mr. Miron for the super-fast shipping  ^-^ )

..more and better pictures on my collection thread soon..  ::)

:)

RobinGoodfellow

..oops.. I forgot a Christmas haul..

^-^

Loon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 23, 2017, 10:41:37 AM

Nice haul! The picture kind of looks like a creationist Christmas card.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: