You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on January 12, 2018, 02:38:47 PM
Got some pretty cool Papo repaints off of Ebay! I don't usually care much for Papo's Rex and Spino, but I loved these repaints, I'm so happy to have them :D

Also, with the Rex, I'd usually avoid something with such a bold and unnatural colour scheme, but it just looked really interesting, I prefer this 'rainbow rex' to Papo's actual rainbow rexes

Also, the seller was incredibly kind as to throw in a free gift! A little JP (Lost World?) finger puppet. Luckily for me I collect old JP toys, so this was much appreciated! :D

I don't know if the seller is intent on selling more repaints, they seems to just sell paintings for the most part, but if anyone wants to message them about it they're name on Ebay is ligerpaing :)

I like the tones of these paintings are fun and really cool.  :))

For now I have no intention of hiring the services of this great artist but sincerely I like these figures very much, they look great with those colors.  :)

sauroid

'grats on those repaints IrritatorRaji. ;)

xmas hauls+couple of months haul (i bought more extant animal figures than prehistoric ones):
CollectA Deluxe prehistoric mammals (Daeodon, Moropus, Arsinoitherium, Megacerops)

Papo baby Triceratops, Papo wooly mammoth (with badly misplaced eyes)

Carnegie Maiasaura V1, Hasbro JP T. rex, Schleich compy, Bullyland mini brach, Kabaya Gallimimus, Stego, Diplodocus, Playful Home Ichthyosaurus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

I like that papo Spinosaurus repaint, looks good. @sauroid great additions, I like the Moropus and Arsinoitherium a lot.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dyscrasia

Nice hauls everyone!

@BrontoScorpio: Congrats on getting that Sideshow Dilophosaurus pair, it is indeed a pretty rare statue.

Luckily, I also have one  ;D

Although I am a huge fan of the line (and is the main reason why I started collecting dinosaur figures/models again), I do understand why a lot of other collectors don't prefer them.
I really hope that Sideshow will release that Euoplocephalus egg maquette again.

And these are some of my latest additions.

I still need to get Acrocanthosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, and Nanshiungosaurus.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Dyscrasia on January 12, 2018, 05:06:05 PM
Nice hauls everyone!

@BrontoScorpio: Congrats on getting that Sideshow Dilophosaurus pair, it is indeed a pretty rare statue.

Luckily, I also have one  ;D
Although I am a huge fan of the line ...
And these are some of my latest additions.

Thanks, Dyscrasia.

It's a big contrast to move from SIDESHOW Dinosauria to Battat Terra -
most people do the opposite way ... :)

Lanthanotus

Nice hauls everyone,.. can't wait till my new additions arrive, seeing those photos here doesn't make it easier :D

@ sauroid: What are those Stegosaurus & Diplodocus (?), they are very nice?

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 12, 2018, 06:35:15 PM

I think those are Furuta Kabaya dinoworld from Japan ( took me 1 minute to think of my mistake, but, obviously, in this forum, 1 minute is too much ).

sauroid

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 12, 2018, 06:35:15 PM
Nice hauls everyone,.. can't wait till my new additions arrive, seeing those photos here doesn't make it easier :D

hi. they are Kabaya Dinoworld S1 (which also includes the Gallimimus) :)

Reptilia

That Papo Spinosaurus repaint looks nice, just minor tweaks. The T-Rex, on the other hand...

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Reptilia on January 12, 2018, 11:05:01 PM
That Papo Spinosaurus repaint looks nice, just minor tweaks. The T-Rex, on the other hand...

Yeah, I know The rex is the dinosaur model equivalent of 'dumb fun' tbh. I doubt the painter wanted to make it realistic.

Reptilia

Yeah, personally I think that JP rexes only look realistic in JP colours, so brown and green, any attempt of restyle make them painfully unrealistic. Official Papo repaints included.

Roselaar

2018 is off to a great start. Already more or less completed Starlux in one swoop. But I'll hold off celebrating until the package arrives.  ^-^

Papi-Anon

Recent birthday gift to myself: retired Chap Mei Wooly Mammoth (non-working)

At roughly 9" tall it's the largest 1:12 scale megafauna I own next to the Kenner Bull T-Rex and Thrasher Rex (if you consider them 'below average' for T-Rexes in 1:12 scale).

::EDIT::

Part 2 of my birthday gift to myself that finally arrived: the new Schleich Dinogorgon!

Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Roselaar

Bought a more or less complete collection of Starlux figures on the French eBay. Wasn't cheap, but saves me from having to track down all of these figures individually. Most of these are in surprisingly good condition. I intend to keep them that way.  ^-^

The lot also came with some old Starlux paper material, including an awesomely retro poster.

Close-up of the poster. I love how the Saltoposuchus appears to push away the Stegosaurus.

Got several doubles now. Check them out in my Classifieds thread! :)

Lanthanotus

You sure know how to sow envy :D ... extaordinary haul... that poster is nice, even if it's just a mix of "stolen" paleoart... and in terms of sketching it looks rather modern, nothing I would have expected from the 60's... is there a print date on?

Shonisaurus

Nice It is one of the best collections I've seen so far the collection of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals Starlux is one of the most coveted by collectors not only of dinosaurs but of ancient toys.  8)

I recommend in this case that you keep them in good closed cabinets to avoid damage. You have a real treasure with that collection. It is worth more from my point of view this type of collections than all the modern companies of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of the eighties and up. !! Congratulations!!  :)

sauroid

congratulations on that precious group of Starlux haul Roselaar. the retro print is absolutely beautiful.

Megalosaurus

Roselaar thats an amazing collection.
Congratulations.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Joey

Congrats Roselaar!
I've actually seen that lot on Ebay, and was baffled at the amount of figures that was included in that lot.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: