You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The tawa is much better than its coelophysis, archeopteryx or microraptor (dinosaur cave these last two figures, by far). His painting is one of his defects, it would improve with other paint dyes, but it represents the animal itself, although it must be recognized that his prototype was much better than his commercial figure.  :D

Reptilia

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 09, 2018, 06:36:27 PM
I'm definitely among those who are more forgiving when a company tries a new species out. But if the figure had been called Coelophysis, it would be worthy of a lot more ridicule because it has some Tawa-specific features that would be incorrect on a Coelophysis figure. You're certainly right that it has flaws, but it's recognizable as Tawa.

I used Coelophysis as an example cause it is a fairly similar theropod, aside from the fingers' length the two animals have comparable body proportions and overall appearance. Point is, the figure is very ugly in my opinion, and its aesthetic quality doesn't look any better than lots of other Schleichs, in fact it shows very common bad traits for Schleich figures such as oversized feet and questionable feathering. Let's put it this way, if there were Tawa models by Safari and Collecta this one would have received the usual treatment given to Schleich models.

PhilSauria

A couple of additions to ranges - the little Pachy now completes my Kinto collection while the feathered rex brings me one closer to a complete Favorite Soft Model set. The blue Spinosaur is on order and in transit and will complete that range for me on arrival.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you PhilSauria, the favorite pachycephalosaurus is one of the best pachycephalosaurs that have been made in the toy market. Small, but bully. As for the Tyrannosaurus rex Favorite, I'll take care of it with Brett along with the rest of the dinosaurs of 2013 (of these I only have the styracosaurus, parasaurolophus and ankylosaurus) I still need ten figures plus the coelacanth of the figures of prehistoric animals soft model Favorite brand.

Thank you for sharing these wonderful figures.  :)

IrritatorRaji

Those JW toy repaints I got off of Etsy arrived today, I love them loads! ;D

>>Link to seller<<
They've got a lot of nice repaints selling for really cheap (the most expensive one is £12)

Jose S.M.

Nice, the look of those figures improved a lot with the repaint.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Reptilia on February 09, 2018, 10:12:21 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 09, 2018, 06:36:27 PM
I'm definitely among those who are more forgiving when a company tries a new species out. But if the figure had been called Coelophysis, it would be worthy of a lot more ridicule because it has some Tawa-specific features that would be incorrect on a Coelophysis figure. You're certainly right that it has flaws, but it's recognizable as Tawa.

I used Coelophysis as an example cause it is a fairly similar theropod, aside from the fingers' length the two animals have comparable body proportions and overall appearance. Point is, the figure is very ugly in my opinion, and its aesthetic quality doesn't look any better than lots of other Schleichs, in fact it shows very common bad traits for Schleich figures such as oversized feet and questionable feathering. Let's put it this way, if there were Tawa models by Safari and Collecta this one would have received the usual treatment given to Schleich models.

Yeah, that sounds about right. It's definitely a homely figure and if it were a more commonly done species it's very unlikely I would have bought this one.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Katieraptor

Hey Irritator, which Etsy place did you get those figures from? I could use a repainted miniature JP allosaurus in my collection.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Katieraptor on February 11, 2018, 03:01:25 AM
Hey Irritator, which Etsy place did you get those figures from? I could use a repainted miniature JP allosaurus in my collection.

Link to the sellers shop is at the bottom of the post :)

Here's his mini Allosaur sales:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/578100127/2015-hasbro-jurassic-world-mini?ref=shop_home_active_3

Katieraptor

Why am I constantly missing links (Pun not intended)? I swear my browser just doesn't load them sometimes or something XD. Thanks though!
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Katieraptor on February 11, 2018, 02:36:35 PM
Why am I constantly missing links (Pun not intended)? I swear my browser just doesn't load them sometimes or something XD. Thanks though!

No worries, I'm like that sometimes xD You're welcome!

Jose S.M.

I recently got this two from Dejankins:

My third Schleich figure and my first series 1 Favorite, it's going to stand for Euoplocephalus in my collection, probably wouldn't be replaced even if a proper one that I like it's released, because I think this little one is great! even if it's a bit of a chimaera.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Jose. By the way, I ask you a question. Does Dejankins allow the sale of its figures by the global shipping program? For me it would be great, since this way they would not impose tariff rates for the products bought in the USA.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 11, 2018, 06:43:19 PM
I congratulate you Jose. By the way, I ask you a question. Does Dejankins allow the sale of its figures by the global shipping program? For me it would be great, since this way they would not impose tariff rates for the products bought in the USA.

Thanks Shoni, I'm not really sure about the global shipping program because mine are shipped first to an office in the U.S and then from there to Costa Rica, I do it that ways to avoid getting my figures stuck in customs, because the customs office is like 65 km from my city, I just have a problem with a figure send by Brett's source... again! Basically there's a high risk to get something bought online stuck even if it's a single plastic figure  :'( :'( :'(. But they do ship to Spain, maybe yo can ask directly to them, they are very quick to respond emails.

sauroid

i also like that Favorite Anky so much that i got four of them
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on February 11, 2018, 06:51:55 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 11, 2018, 06:43:19 PM

Thanks Shoni, I'm not really sure about the global shipping program because mine are shipped first to an office in the U.S and then from there to Costa Rica, I do it that ways to avoid getting my figures stuck in customs, because the customs office is like 65 km from my city, I just have a problem with a figure send by Brett's source... again! Basically there's a high risk to get something bought online stuck even if it's a single plastic figure  :'( :'( :'(. But they do ship to Spain, maybe yo can ask directly to them, they are very quick to respond emails.

Thanks anyway Jose. Anyway, if I buy something from Dejankins (and it has not been the only time) I will not hesitate to ask him and ask him the question.  :)

Fembrogon

This beauty arrived in the mail today:

Eofauna is off to a great start.

I also purchased Charles R. Knight: The Artist Who Saw Through Time while visiting the Field Museum last week. This book seems to be getting rarer and pricier online.

Roselaar

Today's haul. I have no idea why the picture is turned the way it is and how I can get it right side up. But you get the idea.  :P

Shonisaurus

Magnificent photograph of this group of figures belonging to three large companies of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals. :)

Bokisaurus

OMG! They are here, CollectA's first wave of 2018 figures!
They are so beautiful and much much better in person! I posted more pics in my collection thread :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: