News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimravus

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Nimravus on April 24, 2018, 07:24:44 PM

These beasts are huge! I expected them to be smaller! :o

Both figures have also an half-sized, smaller (and slightly different..) version:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656159031763

:)

Roselaar

Those AAA "WWB knock-offs" are fabulous, aren't they? Wish the company produced more of them. Well, they did, a Mammoth and a Smilodon, but those weren't nearly as interesting or appealing.

Digibasherx

I saw an original green Battat Edmontonia at a thrift store today for 2.99.  I thought it was a re-release for the Terra line and passed it up  :o.  I'll have to see if I can go back and pick it up tomorrow since that one was never re-released in the recent Terra line.

Halichoeres

Wow, yeah, hope you get it! That's still the best Edmontonia out there.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Finally got my highly anticipated Mattel JW Carnotaurus today while checking out a newly built Target out near my therapist's office. Was the only one in stock too. It'll be another few weeks before I can get back out hunting, and hopefully there are more things in stock by then. I plan on getting a review for this one done tomorrow.

Quick pics for now, but I plan on doing another collection pic tomorrow hopefully (with some of my Hasbro JW toys thrown in this time for comparison purposes):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Digibasherx

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 25, 2018, 03:04:17 AM

I hope so too, though I would say my fav version is the tyco one (which I have yet to acquire).

Syndicate Bias

Failed attempt

PhilSauria

I got one! Bought this less than an hour ago from this post (public holiday here so I checked our local centre), only two left on the well-picked-over display. The jaws stayed put when I pinched them together on this one so that was the one for me. Prefer the closed mouth look. Now for the Mosasaur. (Posted a pic over on the comparison thread with this guy and a couple of other Baryonyx) I'll be painting the claws on the hands to match the feet later. Very impressed with this figure and pleased to have it.

mgaguilar

Congrats Philsauria! The Baryonyx is one of the exceptional figures in the lineup. Glad you could find a good one.

I can't wait for the next designs as apparently Mattel promised smaller feet to go along with more accurate sculpts.

Syndicate Bias

Well gotta upgrade lol

amargasaurus cazaui

Syndicate it appears none of your links for the pictures are valid
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Syndicate Bias

Why

Syndicate Bias

Yea imgur it is then Giganotosaurus Resin kit and toy https://imgur.com/a/NvwL38b

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 25, 2018, 07:08:28 AM
Why

I think you're posting the site URL, not the image URL?

Or, alternatively, Imgur does have a share option.

If you have images in an album you'd like to post, you'd have to post them one by one

Syndicate Bias

Ooh thanks alot, i thinm part of it is because im on mobile lol

IrritatorRaji

I use mobile a lot too, it all works the same on mobile :)

Syndicate Bias

Digibasherx

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 25, 2018, 03:04:17 AM

It was still there, so scored it for 3 bucks.  It's in excellent condition, with very minor paint chips on the tips on the shoulder spikes.  I guess it's plain colour and sculpt made it less noticeable.  I wonder though, what other Battats  did I miss, I'd imagine you don't just buy one Battat.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on April 25, 2018, 04:55:32 PM
I use mobile a lot too, it all works the same on mobile :)

Thanks, it seems it was because the app doesnt give me a direcr link option but i uninstalled it and just did it on chrome. Seems to work that way. Thanks alot!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: