News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 24, 2012, 09:58:19 AM
Nopes not that type of Bloody Mary, the only Bloody Mary I had was the cocktail which I drank frequently with PiƱa Colada 's when I was sailing the Baltic Sea's with the Holland America Line MS Rotterdam VI :)

Have you ever felt for someone that lives a long way away from you?

to be honest. triple yes

hove you ever let out a in-volintary swear

Weaver

Many times. I try not to do it when small children are about but when it does happen it's mostly because of something painful. It happens.

Have you ever.... lied just so that someone would like/be impressed by you?

Tylosaurus

Yes as a matter of a fact I did, due to that an old friend took abuse of my handycaps, I lied him in a way to impress him that being he stopped abusing my handycaps, but in the end I did tell him the truth that I in no way respected he doings and that I did lie to him in a way just from preventing him any further damage to me and my surroundings, so yes I did out of defense, even that I hate myself so much for it.

in Starwars land this is called Force Persuasion, to persuade the weak minded without him or her knowing.

Have you ever felt afraid for telling someone the truth?

Simon

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 25, 2012, 02:52:46 AM

You have obviously never been married if you have to ask ...  :)) :)) :))

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Simon on March 25, 2012, 02:54:56 AM
Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 25, 2012, 02:52:46 AM

You have obviously never been married if you have to ask ...  :)) :)) :))
Meh, it's not needed to be married, there are plenty people living together without marriage, you don't need a piece of paper to love someone, sorry but it's just the way most things are these days, as it is for many people ;)
But still it does not answer the question, does it? ;D :P

Simon

Tylosaurus - It was just a joke ...  :))

... however, as soon as I read your answer I thought "he must be from Western Europe" - then I clicked on your profile and found I was correct ...    O:-)

Weaver

Yes, I have lied to friends. Mostly for appearances but in the end I try to point them towards clothes and things that would look better on them.

Have you ever... started a food-fight?

Tylosaurus

Oh yes at Bunbury Senior High School, WA once, after school we'd have massial egg clashes, that was like 100 versus 100 students rofl we were all egg'ed this was back in the years of 1987, 1988 & 1989 rofl! This took place mostly on the Fridays and yes it was ultimate fun too :)

Have you ever written a song?

tyrantqueen

No, I'm not really musically inclined  :-\

Have you ever done or said something in public that you thought was normal, and then later someone told you it was really embarrassing and/or inappropriate? (story of my life, heh...)

Tylosaurus

Hmm. I may have, though I can't be sure, maybe I did somewhere in the past when I was small, but yeah I dunno to be very honest ;D
I'd be like as long you know what you were talking about it should not matter what others think right! ;D

Have you ever felt proud after completing something you worked on for like a few years?

Primeval12

No, (my dad tried to build a treehouse but it ended up not being finished)

Have you ever gone to a concert that wasn't worth the money?

Takama

Hmmmmm No not at all

Have you ever held a baby goat?
Only to Have it chow on your shirt?

Weaver

Yes. And it was a really cute little goat kid. He was all snuggly and cuddly in my lap until, I ran out of bottle-formula for him. Started to lip on my shirt and suddenly: Riiiiip! The left sleeve of my t-shirt was soggy and hanging off my shoulder.

Have you ever stayed up late (very late) to check a post on a forum?

Primeval12

No

Have you ever had a dream about dinosaurs?

tyrantqueen

Probably, but I rarely remember the details of my dreams.

Have you ever bought something and then immediately regretted it?

Tylosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 26, 2012, 01:39:48 AM
Probably, but I rarely remember the details of my dreams.

Have you ever bought something and then immediately regretted it?
Yes with many of things, you expect it to be awesome but in the end you tend to regret it like more than you hope for

Like that Clevo P170HMx I bought a high end gaming laptop, it was branded by alternate, normally an expensive brand would sell these for 3500 euro's with these specs but this one was 1550 euro's ... Specs in short:
CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM 4 cores + 8 threads thx to Hyper Threading
RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3-1067
VGA Card: AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB 256Bit GDDR5 [most powerful mobile VGA card on the planet 1120 Stream Processors]
HDD: 750 GB SATA III HDD 5400 rpm
2x SATA II Ports for SATA III SSD's & HDD's, Raid 0+1 Support
4x USB3.0

Really it had all the specs you wanted in an ultra fast mobile gaming system even battlefield 3 ran flawlessly at max ingame settings @ 1920 x 1200 x32 + FSAA x4 & AF x16 you name it it ran great BUT the fun didn't last as long as I hoped it would.

It seemed that it had a very low quality screen, after finding out that the first one I bought the screen died instantly after turning it on, after following all the instuctions in the Manual.
Call ed my dad and we went back to Alternate te Ridderkerk, [near Rotterdam] They checked it and 45 minutes later they said that the battery wasn't fitted correctly and indeed the screen came on again, so Iwas like hey  it works, came home and again no screen, tried everything they told me but nothing.

So we went back again, from my place to Alternate is 74 KM, thus 148KM up and back, they tested it and indeed they found out the defect, they went looking for a replacement and gave me a new one, but it had a bigger screen a 17.3" Full HD LCD instead of 15.6" Full HD Led TFT, Normally it was 100EUR more but I only had to pay 50 more because of my past troubles...

We were like no we pay nothing more we have paid over 1550 euro's and we have to pay extra because you people can't deliver hardware that functions for this money? there were about 20 other clients with issues in this repair room lol.

But nopes that was not possible, they had rules this and that so we lost that argument.
Money back was not the option either so oke then, that done, we came home we tested it and it ran fine, until day 03 of this short life. I detected a stuck sub pixel which my dad and I found out later that it was a dead sub pixel one of them red/blue shiny ones.

We went back we waited almost an hour for our turn, they checked it and they would not give my money back and I had to deal with it, so they have earned 1600 euro's from me selling me new item with a defect in it ... never going there again that's for sure, so I kept it for a while and 2 months later I was like I can't accept working with it and I sold it for 1000 eur to some Belgian student and he knows about the dead pixel, but he could not see it as much of an issue so I was more than happy to sell it to him for 1K.

But yes I did lose 600 euros' but it's better than getting 600 euro's for it, dead pixels really tend to lower the value in such items.

But hey! That is one of those fabulous experiences  *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone*

Have you ever felt unsafe about something?

Takama

walking into a garage full of wasps,
&
getting stuck in the rapids

have you ever been snitched?

Tylosaurus

Yeah I was apparently, back in 1989 when my R.E.P.C.O. * Mountain Bike was snatched orsay nicked in Australian the slang by some odd people we'd name thieves; somewhere about 3 KM up the road my bike was found in a ditch, intact too rofl.

* = R.E.P.C.O. which also had a meaning Recommended Every Part Comes Off rofl! ;D   *orthocone*

Have you ever found real gold after a mining expedition?

Takama

No

but i bought real gold after a fossil expedition(it wasent expensive)

have you ever logged on here while at Work or School

tyrantqueen

No, I finished school years ago (thank God) and I would not mix work and play together

Have you ever been rick rolled?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: