News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hansa toy's stuffed prehistoric animals

Started by Roselaar, September 29, 2013, 01:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Has anyone ever come across the stuffed animals produced by a company named Hansa Toy? I just found out about these:

http://www.hansatoy.info/Extinct/ExtinctPages.html

The dinosaurs are mostly pretty bad, but some of the other prehistoric creatures are fabulous (in terms of stuffed toys at least). I bet they're pretty expensive, given their size and apparent quality.

Here's a few samples:

Smilodon

Thylacine

Inostrancevia

Archaeopteryx

Pteranodon

Brontosaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Futabasaurus

Feathered T-Rex

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Brontosaurus? Really? And it doesn't even look like one.

And yeah, I didn't look at prices, but Hansa is a very expensive company at the best of times.

Hellraptor

I like the mammals and the thylacine best, the dinosaurs didnt got that good, especially the T.rex.
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think I shared that Futabasaurus with Adam awhile back.  It and the mammals aren't bad really..everything else is unfortunately a wash.

Concavenator

I love that Inostrancevia! It's so cute!  ^-^
The mammals are pretty good,as well as the Futabasaurus,but the dinosaurs... *yuck*

deanm

The only time I saw Hansa stuffed animals was when I was in Australia (Melbourne) and Singapore.

Roselaar

Quote from: deanm on September 29, 2013, 05:44:04 PM
The only time I saw Hansa stuffed animals was when I was in Australia (Melbourne) and Singapore.

Were they anywhere near affordable there?

tanystropheus

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dan

Pachyrhinosaurus

I've always found their animals nice-looking, but I haven't seen the dinosaurs until quite recently. Their mammoth, I think, is the best soft toy I've seen, though.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

deanm

They are more expensive than other plush stuffed toy lines but they do have some interesting figures. 

The figures come in at least two sizes. Small was about 10inch/25cm in height and larger size was about 2x the smaller ones.

Small figures were about 30-45 Australian dollars per. Larger ones were about twice as much.

In Singapore they were about half again as expensive.

Takama

I read a funny article about toys for rich kids, and these stuffed animals made the list.

I wanted to price some of them on amazon, and when I did I was HOLLY SH :o

tyrantqueen

Roselaar

I might get me a smaller one then, if I come across these at all of course.

sauroid

thing with stuffed toys, they arent as easy as plastic toys to preserve/keep fresh. :\
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Quote from: sauroid on September 30, 2013, 08:55:39 PM
thing with stuffed toys, they arent as easy as plastic toys to preserve/keep fresh. :\

Especially with cats around. True that.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.