News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amanda on December 17, 2013, 09:34:18 PM
Unless the releases or news gets delayed for some reason. Just hang in there. I sure hope they will be worth all this stress on you guys.

My sentiments exactly..don't stress so much .  In the end you will build them up in your head so much they will never live up to your expectations.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 18, 2013, 12:34:07 AM
Unless the releases or news gets delayed for some reason. Just hang in there. I sure hope they will be worth all this stress on you guys.

My sentiments exactly..don't stress so much .  In the end you will build them up in your head so much they will never live up to your expectations.

Agreed. I'm excited to see them too but it doesn't keep me awake at night. Just be patient people. Go eye-ball all those new CollectA and Safari models some more in the mean time.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Gwangi on December 18, 2013, 02:12:26 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 18, 2013, 12:34:07 AM

Agreed. I'm excited to see them too but it doesn't keep me awake at night. Just be patient people. Go eye-ball all those new CollectA and Safari models some more in the mean time.
I agree with amanda, Blade, and Gwangi. Besides, we're probably quite close to seeing the models anyway. And just like Gwangi said, Safari and Collecta's 2014 models are not bad at all-I myself am currently making a list of those that I want. Papo will come soon.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

joossa

Last year, did Papo reveal both the Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon at the same time?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Maybe they could release a pterosaur...they have plenty of species to pick, since they have only made a pteranodon thus far.

My money is still on a theropod (Giganotosaurus?) though >:D

Mauro "Raptor86"

I loved what PAPO did with its Dimetrodon.

I'd like to have an Edaphosaurus or some other permian-traissic non dinosaur critter.

Gwangi

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on December 18, 2013, 10:30:45 AM
I loved what PAPO did with its Dimetrodon.

I'd like to have an Edaphosaurus or some other permian-traissic non dinosaur critter.

Edaphosaurus would be great but I doubt Papo will do one. I really want the Bullyland model but it is just so hard to find!

Concavenator

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 10:15:12 AM
Maybe they could release a pterosaur...they have plenty of species to pick, since they have only made a pteranodon thus far.

My money is still on a theropod (Giganotosaurus?) though >:D

Big theropods are certainly good if not great sellers.  A new pterosaur by them would be great..I really liked the Pteranodon they have ( despite the teeth which still makes it JP3 accurate ) .

darth daniel

Quote from: Gwangi on December 18, 2013, 10:37:12 AMEdaphosaurus would be great but I doubt Papo will do one. I really want the Bullyland model but it is just so hard to find!

There´s one on ebay right now... Need a link?

Gwangi

Quote from: darth daniel on December 18, 2013, 05:35:08 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 18, 2013, 10:37:12 AMEdaphosaurus would be great but I doubt Papo will do one. I really want the Bullyland model but it is just so hard to find!

Thanks for the offer but I'm gonna have to pass. This is a time of year where I try to limit personal spending.

darth daniel

Quote from: Gwangi on December 18, 2013, 07:06:06 PM

Thanks for the offer but I'm gonna have to pass. This is a time of year where I try to limit personal spending.

No problem. :)

And now I want to see Papo´s Apatosaurus revealed!!! ;D

Concavenator

Quote from: darth daniel on December 18, 2013, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 18, 2013, 07:06:06 PM

No problem. :)

And now I want to see Papo´s Apatosaurus revealed!!! ;D
I think you'll have to wait for that. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can't see them doing an Apatosaurus so soon..but who knows ? If the Brachio sold as good as it should have they'd probably get right on it...maybe for 2015 ?

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 18, 2013, 07:45:05 PM
I can't see them doing an Apatosaurus so soon..but who knows ? If the Brachio sold as good as it should have they'd probably get right on it...maybe for 2015 ?
Yeah,the Brachio got a little ignored.

amanda

The Brachio is too big, and too expensive. What, 50 dollars? It's a very particular purchase, and not likely to sell on a spur of the moment basis. I wonder how many they have run off at a given time? Or how many a given store would stock? Do the retailer members here stock the actual beast in their stores?  It's just so big....and an Apato would be welcome, certainly, but it would be a beast as well. If in scale, even more massive. I just don't really see that happening.

SBell

Quote from: amanda on December 18, 2013, 09:01:04 PM
The Brachio is too big, and too expensive. What, 50 dollars? It's a very particular purchase, and not likely to sell on a spur of the moment basis. I wonder how many they have run off at a given time? Or how many a given store would stock? Do the retailer members here stock the actual beast in their stores?  It's just so big....and an Apato would be welcome, certainly, but it would be a beast as well. If in scale, even more massive. I just don't really see that happening.

My daughter saved up for hers, and loves it--but the Playmoil one is just as big and more play-worthy. I am looking into Papo for my online store, and I'll admit that the Brach isn't even under consideration. Too big, very expensive, and really, most people that haven[t bought one would need to hold it and be impressed that way.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've seen it on some sites for 29.99 once you have it that's not expensive at all..recall Safari/Carnegie Spino was the same price.

tanystropheus

Perhaps, Papo should invest in prosauropods...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: