News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 10:15:12 AM
Maybe they could release a pterosaur...they have plenty of species to pick, since they have only made a pteranodon thus far.

So many options, but Papo would probably make a Quetz if they consider a pterosaur at all. A Dsungaripterus figure is long overdue...maybe Wild Safari?

amanda

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 01:52:24 AM
I've seen it on some sites for 29.99 once you have it that's not expensive at all..recall Safari/Carnegie Spino was the same price.

Still is when I see it actually in-store. At least the Papo beast has the heft and size to warrant the price, unlike the Spino or Sarnegie's new Brachio, which while beautiful, is hard to swallow the price for it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amanda on December 19, 2013, 02:12:22 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 01:52:24 AM
I've seen it on some sites for 29.99 once you have it that's not expensive at all..recall Safari/Carnegie Spino was the same price.

Still is when I see it actually in-store. At least the Papo beast has the heft and size to warrant the price, unlike the Spino or Sarnegie's new Brachio, which while beautiful, is hard to swallow the price for it.

Sad but true.

amanda

It (Carnegie's brachio) is gorgeous. It is. A class unto itself. But I have so many, including the big Tamiya kit. So while I love it I still have not justified the price to myself. I have held it in my hands many times. I never fail to pick it up and admire it. But for the price...it's hard. If I had no others...maybe. IF carnegie had or will make a truly accurate Apato that size, getting it would be easier. But a Papo Apato, while hefty and impressive, would surely have many flaws. The neck and feet design surely.

All of this excitement over the new Papos is interesting to me. At best, there is a flaw in every model that disappoints. Even the Dimetro I gather has a toe numbering issue. At worst, some folks seem to almost loathe the Papo figures. It's a love/hate. Can't wait to see them, don't want them...belch. :)

It's a group co-dependency issue....hahaha

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 19, 2013, 02:03:32 AM
Maybe they could release a pterosaur...they have plenty of species to pick, since they have only made a pteranodon thus far.

So many options, but Papo would probably make a Quetz if they consider a pterosaur at all. A Dsungaripterus figure is long overdue...maybe Wild Safari?

What we really need is a Pterosaur Toob.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on December 19, 2013, 03:53:32 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on December 19, 2013, 02:03:32 AM

What we really need is a Pterosaur Toob.

True but not by Papo.. ;)

Concavenator

It's already Thursday and no news revealed?Supposedly we should do before tomorrow.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tonight or by tomorrow night ?

utd7

Yeah maybe tomorrow most likely i hope.
We live in a Jurassic World

SBell

And if Papo doesn't release any info this week, then what? The figures probably wouldn't be available for months anyway. Patience people. They'll come out when they come out.

It's not like people won't buy their figures because the news didn't reach them in December. At least, I hope that's not true, because that would be crazy :o

Gwangi

I'm just going to have to stop looking at this thread. I come here to see if the new models have been reviled but just end up seeing more of the same whining. Very frustrating.

radman

Wow, great user name!  So I guess 180 and 181 were unavailable? Classy.  Please feel free to NOT post any personal pix, thanks. :P

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Gwangi on December 19, 2013, 08:36:48 PM
I'm just going to have to stop looking at this thread. I come here to see if the new models have been reviled but just end up seeing more of the same whining. Very frustrating.
Same here, Gwangi. I'll probably just check tomorrow.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: radman on December 19, 2013, 08:46:51 PM
Wow, great user name!  So I guess 180 and 181 were unavailable? Classy.  Please feel free to NOT post any personal pix, thanks. :P
LOL, I agree. Also, I'm wondering how appropriate such a screen name is when there are kids as young as 6 and 8 on the board...

QuoteI'm just going to have to stop looking at this thread. I come here to see if the new models have been reviled but just end up seeing more of the same whining. Very frustrating.
You can't really blame people. They've probably built the Papo figures up in their minds as something amazing, hence their excitement. They're not hurting anyone, so let them speculate as much as they like.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 19, 2013, 08:58:04 PM
LOL, I agree. Also, I'm wondering how appropriate such a screen name is when there are kids as young as 6 and 8 on the board...
I agree-it's not appropriate, especially for young children.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

DinoToyForum

I have banned the member with profanity in their username who just posted in this thread.

Primeval12

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 08:59:11 PM

Yah, if you can't say it in public, don't say it here!  ;)

Primeval12

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 19, 2013, 09:01:56 PM
I have banned the member with profanity in their username who just posted in this thread.
Thank you, Dr. Admin.
-Peter Benchley

TioFoda182

Quote from: primeval12 on December 19, 2013, 09:10:18 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 19, 2013, 08:59:11 PM

Yah, if you can't say it in public, don't say it here!  ;)

This is me again... sorry if i offended anyone in here... i've been using that nickname for more than 10 years and it's really simple to keep the same nickname and password over all the boards you are in and didn't think about that offending kids or something in that way...
all i wanted to do was to share something in the good of the thread and the community.. if that's not welcome here, maybe i was wrong considering being part of this board

about the nickname and the number 182.. both are references to a band called blink-182... maybe you kids don't know it
also... its about joke, not offending.

maybe you guys must consider spare some time banning words from the register formulary other than banning people with good intentions!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: