News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on July 16, 2014, 02:09:00 PM
Good,but I like CollectA's new one better.Personally.What I don't like bout it is just the paintwork.
Easy to fix :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 16, 2014, 02:12:04 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on July 16, 2014, 02:09:00 PM
Good,but I like CollectA's new one better.Personally.What I don't like bout it is just the paintwork.
Easy to fix :P

Too true. :)

alexeratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 13, 2014, 06:50:41 PM
Quote from: sauroid on June 13, 2014, 05:04:14 PM
the charm of very old dino books and their unintentional humor (you chuckle while reading them).
Or the smug feeling you get because you know most of them are wrong >:D

Oh, man, totally!  ;D
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

How about some baby dinosaurs >:D

Tyrannosaurus rex juvenile "Jane" in detail plastic

Chasmosaurus juvenile in frosted detail

The Kaiyodo Dinoland Chasmo will make a good parent... :)

tyrantqueen

Kaiyodo Dinoland Stegosaurus

It needs a lot of TLC but the sculpt still shines through. I'll be repairing and repainting it. The current colour scheme is a little too....tropical for my taste.

Invicta Hunter

Very nice stego, was it a kit or a prebuilt?

tyrantqueen

QuoteVery nice stego, was it a kit or a prebuilt?

I think it's a model kit, because I removed some of the paint with rubbing alcohol and it was white plastic underneath. I've never seen a prebuilt version of this kit, they must be pretty rare :)

Invicta Hunter

Yeah I think the prebuilts are very rare.
Any ideas what colour you'll be painting it after the old paint is stripped off??

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on July 24, 2014, 10:52:43 PM
Yeah I think the prebuilts are very rare.
Any ideas what colour you'll be painting it after the old paint is stripped off??
I can tell you what colour I won't be painting it: green with red plates >:D Actually I do have something in mind. I really liked Angie Rodrigues' Stegosaurus render, so that's the paintjob I'd like to copy.

stargatedalek

nice find
and nice choice of paint app, it already looks almost like it was made with that model in mind

Invicta Hunter

Sounds cool, I hope it goes well.

tyrantqueen

1/20 Anzu, in frosted detail.

Patrx

Very nice! What's your opinion on the FD material? When painted, are the extra details worth the extra money when compared to WSF? Sometimes the cost is pretty crazy by comparison and it's a tough call to make.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Patrx on August 07, 2014, 08:26:29 PM
Very nice! What's your opinion on the FD material? When painted, are the extra details worth the extra money when compared to WSF? Sometimes the cost is pretty crazy by comparison and it's a tough call to make.
Well, I've said this enough times that people are probably already sick of it, but I always prefer the detail materials if possible. I don't think there is anything wrong with WSF if you don't want to paint the model, but the frosted detail materials are just better to paint. I mean, WSF is so coarse that dry brushing looks horrible. Maybe it's my personal painting style, because I like to utilise a lot of dry brushing.

I do think the frosted detail material is worth buying, but I really hope in future that the price will come down so that's more affordable. It's really nice being able to see the extra textures on the model that would be lost on the WSF material :)

Patrx

Interesting! I kind of like the porous property of WSF when it comes to painting, (including dry brushing), but I am very much a novice in that regard anyway.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Thanks guys.

Here are today's acquisitions:

I have not read the book in its entirety yet but it looks good. Although I find the CG models to be poor in comparison to the rest of the artwork in the book.

Dinoland 1/20 "striding" Tyrannosaurus rex, by Shinobu Matsumura.

This one can be tricky to find, so I am even happier to get one that was unpainted and includes the box and instructions >:D

Patrx

Wow, that model looks to be pretty spectacular! D'you plan to assemble and paint it?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Patrx on August 11, 2014, 06:35:32 PM
Wow, that model looks to be pretty spectacular! D'you plan to assemble and paint it?
Of course :)

Invicta Hunter

Very nice rex, how much did you get it for?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: