News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 20, 2014, 03:26:29 AM
Am very interested in either one or both of the adults in the first image, and in image 3 both Juveniles....I think your printed version looks rather nice actually. Let me know what you think...I would consider chipping in for the cost of the file you purchased if that helps.
Sure, I'll send you a PM.

tyrantqueen

And now for something completely different. Thalassodromeus

He's going to for a soak in a tub of degreaser to remove that Shapeways grease >:D

The 3D file can be purchased here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/thalassodromeusdr/89557

Patrx

Very nice! Is that one of Raul Lunia's?

tyrantqueen

ITdactyl

wow... *tears of envy*

what scale did you use for printing?

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 24, 2014, 03:33:55 PM
He's going to for a soak in a tub of degreaser to remove that Shapeways grease >:D

:) Nice model! Can you tell me more about the degreaser you're using? I'm still looking for a better way to remove the Shapeways grease.

There are going to be some very interesting pterosaur resin models in the nearer future and I think they're going to be awesome, ....... but I should not disclose too much ;D.

Concavenator

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 24, 2014, 09:19:36 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 24, 2014, 03:33:55 PM

:) Nice model! Can you tell me more about the degreaser you're using? I'm still looking for a better way to remove the Shapeways grease.

There are going to be some very interesting pterosaur resin models in the nearer future and I think they're going to be awesome, ....... but I should not disclose too much ;D.
Sure. I use an industrial degreaser. It's actually stuff people use to wash their cars. It sounds weird but so far I've hard good results with it. It is safe for all domestic surfaces (including plastic) and can be used to strip paint (but it doesn't harm the factory paints on toys and such). Like if I am trying to repaint a model, but I muck it up, I can just put it in this stuff for a few days and the paint falls away.

I know some people like to use household products like oven cleaner to remove paint and dirt. But I've tried those and they didn't always work for me. Industrial degreasers are intended to strip dirt and grime, it's what they are designed for.

I'm not sure about other brands but it is a good idea to search for something water based, plastic friendly and bio-degradable. The only downside I've discovered so far is the need to wear gloves, because it will irritate the skin if it comes into contact with it. Also, protect your eyes.

I've used it for solid models so far, but as for ones with holes, you would need to be very thorough and let the model dry properly. If it got stuck inside I imagine it would cause problems with the dripping everywhere.

QuoteThere are going to be some very interesting pterosaur resin models in the nearer future and I think they're going to be awesome, ....... but I should not disclose too much
Ooooh, interesting :)

Quotewhat scale did you use for printing?
It's a small size...about 9cm across. This was really just a test to see how a pterosaur would turn out. I might try some larger sizes later, maybe when I've learned how to hollow stuff out.

postsaurischian

Thanks for the degreaser info :). I should give this a try.

sauroid

very cool Thalassodromeus, TQ.
re: the degreaser you use, does it remove marker pen marks/paint smudges on plastic toys too?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on October 02, 2014, 03:46:03 PM
very cool Thalassodromeus, TQ.
re: the degreaser you use, does it remove marker pen marks/paint smudges on plastic toys too?
I don't know...I can do a test to find out, if you're curious.

sauroid

that would be great. thanks, TQ. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

I did a test. I found a chinasaur and scribbled all over it with biro pen, coloured pencil and Sharpie permanent ink. I chucked it into the degreaser tub and left it for a day. When I took it out, all the biro and pencil was completely gone. The top layer of Sharpie ink came off easily, but there was still a slight dark smudge of it left behind. I think if I had left it in longer (maybe a week) the stain would have gone completely.

So, it might be worth a try. I hope this answers your question somehow :)

sauroid

wow thanks TQ. i will try this product asap. :)

tyrantqueen

I got my Trcic galloping Triceratops today, which I won from YAJ for £30 (before the other fees were added to it).

The only complaint I have is that it seems to be permanently attached to the wooden plinth. But other than that (and the other most obvious inaccuracy) I like it.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 17, 2014, 04:16:18 PM
I got my Trcic galloping Triceratops today[...]
Its NOT galloping. Its BREAK DANCING!

Yes, its a beatiful piece. Also like your Thalassodromeus.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Invicta Hunter

Very nice statue and for £30 that's great.
What's the size of it?

tyrantqueen

Pinkamena

You have an amazing collection!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 17, 2014, 01:26:39 PM
I got my Kaiyodo 1/20 Allosaurus today. I won it from YAJ for £11.41, so I'm happy.

I need one of these, rugby players legs and all!  :)) Must go stalk eBay.
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 18, 2014, 03:03:35 PM

That's pretty big, if you ever see another one for that kind of price come up for sale please let me know i would love to get one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: