News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tyrantqueen's Caboodle

Started by tyrantqueen, January 02, 2014, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteThose skulls are seriously cool! What scale are they in?
I don't know, I think they're made to a specific size, not scale.

Btw, regarding the customs thing- it is possible to get around the fees by asking the sender to mark a package as "gift", but since it's technically illegal, not many will do this.

tyrantqueen

I've had the Postosuchus for a long time, but never photographed it. The Schleich Kentro is nice. Unfortunately I got one with paint scrapes (you can see it here, on the ends of the thagomizer). I'll prolly end up repainting eventually so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

triceratops83

That Kentrosaurus seems to photograph well from every angle.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Megalosaurus

Yes, let's nick name it "The Handsome"
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

The world's most beautiful Camarasaurus ;D

Thanks to Paleogene Pals, Daniel Liebman, and Martin Garratt for their assistance.

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

1/72 Tyrannosaurus. This is a 3D print by tams7prairie. You can find his stuff on eBay if you're so inclined.

I don't usually buy in small scales, I like big dinosaur models. But I needed something to paint.

triceratops83

I've had my eye on that for a while. That seller also has some nice prehistoric mammals.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

I got my Victorian Megalosaurus and Rhamphorynchus today. Love them :)

Despatch was very quick, I ordered them on Friday and got them this morning (bear in mind Monday was a bank holiday so no postage). Thanks guys :)

Invicta Hunter

Very nice purchases, will you be painting the Megalosaurus or leaving it as is?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 07, 2015, 01:34:17 PM
I think I would like to paint it. It will be an easy paint because the colours are so simple :)

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 07, 2015, 01:36:09 PM
I think I would like to paint it. It will be an easy paint because the colours are so simple :)

What was the original colours of the Crystal Palace Megalosaurus, i've only ever seen modern photos of it.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 07, 2015, 01:58:18 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 07, 2015, 01:36:09 PM

What was the original colours of the Crystal Palace Megalosaurus, i've only ever seen modern photos of it.
I think these are the original colours, before the restoration:

Invicta Hunter

Those are some simple colours.
I would love to see another photo of it after it's been put together and painted.
Im tempted to buy one myself now.

tyrantqueen

I'm not into collecting fossils and such but my dad did some find some interesting bits and pieces when clearing out the shed.

Devil's toenail

Flint arrowhead

Clay pipes

Badger skull

Shark tooth

Tyto_Theropod

Diggin' the badger skull! One of those things I'd love to have in my collection. ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

tyrantqueen

Kabaya Tyrannosaurus. It didn't come with the stand, but that's ok.

Invicta Hunter

Great looking Tyrannosaurus but don't they usually come in a different colour than this one?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 21, 2015, 11:25:42 AM
Great looking Tyrannosaurus but don't they usually come in a different colour than this one?
Yes, they do. I think this one is from series three (got this info from Joe DeMarco's Dinosauriana).

I have not seen it for sale anywhere else so maybe it's a bit less common than the other colours.  I bought mine from Yahoo Japan auctions (for a steal, I might add >:D) but there was no information offered in the item description.

docronnie

Congrats TQ! And Thanks for sharing the info! I've been encountering the different colored Kabayas, but I don't really know why.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: